Archery Talk Classified is a FREE VENUE for buyers and sellers of ARCHERY EQUIPMENT ONLY. Staff and management of Archerytalk.com are NOT responsible for nor guarantee a successful transaction. YOU ARE ON YOUR OWN. BUYERS and SELLERS BEWARE. It is your responsibility to collect the necessary information to ensure a legitimate sale or purchase. It is also your responsibility to inspect items received for damage. It is up to YOU to ensure the item is as described.
To post an ad, you will need to have been a member for two weeks and must have a post count greater than 20. Once these prerequisites are met, you will be allowed to post an ad the following day.
Please remember to close your threads when your items are sold.
1. No Spam or multi-level marketing or pyramid schemes.
2. No misleading thread titles (i.e. nude pics, goats, etc)
3. No contests or giveaway threads in the Classifieds. These may be posted in the AT Giveaway forum.
4. No links to commercial sites are allowed in ad threads, unless the site is a sponsor of ArcheryTalk.com.
5. For the legal protection of the adult members of the site, minors are not allowed to deal in the classifieds. This is simply due to current laws in the USA at this time. All adults should make an attempt to ensure that the member you are dealing with is not a minor.
6. Negative comments, flaming, personal attacks or thread crapping are not permitted.
7. No disputing price on a member's thread. If you would like to make an offer below the asking price, contact the seller via PM or email.
8. Wanted to buy items should be placed in that section only.
9. You must display your profile with a valid email address. Your date of birth must also be filled in, however does not need to be public.
10. If you agree to a deal and back out, be prepared for repercussions. Neutral or negative feedback will be issued and a short term ban may be considered. Think twice if you're not sure about a purchase or sale.
11. Before you send any money or merchandise, get an address, phone number and call the other member. This is safest for everyone. If they do not want to give that information out or you can not get in contact with them, do not send money or merchandise. There is little that AT Staff can do to settle a dispute without a phone number to contact the other member.
12. Close your threads once an item has sold or you have found what you were looking for. Go to the Administrative tab in the upper right hand corner of the thread click on it and then click proceed. Its that easy.
13. No auction style threads. A price MUST be posted in all threads. No make an offer style allowed.
14. It is the seller's responsibility to ship an item as soon as possible. One day to ship should suffice. You should have your item ready to go when you list it.
15. It is the seller's responsibility to notify the buyer when an item is shipped and provide the tracking number.
16. Insurance: To avoid headaches, pay the small fee for insurance. This covers both members as well as usually requires a signature on the receiver's part. If the seller does not choose to purchase insurance and the item is damaged, missing, stolen, etc, it is the seller's responsibility to make it right with the buyer ASAP.
17. Defective, damaged or items that are a safety hazard are not allowed.
18. Firearms or related items are not allowed to be sold or traded on ArcheryTalk.com
19. You MUST be the owner of the item you are selling. You CAN NOT sell anything for another person. You MAY sell for a spouse or a minor child who lives at home however. This means you can not sell for your father, brother, best friend, cousin, etc. Your threads will be removed. If you are warned or infracted, it is NOT acceptable to say that you have now purchased that item from them and it is now yours.
20. A thread may only be bumped a maximum of 4 times per day.
21. No more than 3 open threads per classified section at one time. If you have more than 3 items per section to list, please consolidate your threads when selling multiple items in a category.
22. You can not sell something that you do not have in your immediate possession.
23. Pay Pal gift or Pay Pal Friends and Family payment options are not allowed. Requesting such payment will result in your thread being deleted, multiple offenders will receive an infraction and could have their classified permissions removed.
24. Before you say you will purchase an item, check and read the feedback of the seller. You may wish to avoid this member if there are any questionable deals, excessive shipping delays or misrepresented products that have not been explained. Check the Traders Black List.
25. Ask for pictures, condition or defects before committing to the purchase.
26. Get a phone number and actually speak with the seller.
27. Never pay using the pay pal gift option. Archery Talk will not assist in any dispute when the gift option has been used.
28. If you mail a money order, expect to wait 5 extra business days for shipping each way, plus the 1 day allotted to ship the item.
29. If paying with PayPal, expect the same 5 business days for shipping plus one day to ship.
30. Shipping to and from outside the continental United States can incur delays. Customs can hold an item being shipped. Expect delays when shipping to or from Canada or any other country. Three to four weeks is not uncommon.
31. The buyer must receive their item within 10 business days of the seller receiving payment, unless previous arrangements have been made. No excuses. Do not try to use excuses such as: I didn't have the $ to ship, I got busy, or I didn't have packing supplies. You should have that ready when you list your item.
32. Both items should be shipped within the 1 day time frame. Do not hold your item until you receive the other members item. Doing this will result in your classified privileges being revoked.
33. No gift cards, gift certificates, store credits or anything similar will be permitted.
34. No firearms are allowed to be sold or traded on ArcheryTalk.com
35. ONLY archery and hunting related items are allowed (i.e.No trucks, cars, motorcycles, stereos, campers, houses, boats, dogs, or firearms, etc.)
Any member that is running a small business or reselling on ArcheryTalk.com (i.e. custom made items, strings, slings, bino straps, retail store, selling bows for an archery shop, etc) will be asked to become a Supporting Retailer. The cost for this is $250 per year and there will be a logo placed next to their username.
In order to list land for sale, hunting leases or land, or guided hunts, you will have to be a Supporting Retailer/Sponsor.
Items listed on Archerytalk.com are not allowed to be listed on other sites concurrently. This includes Craigslist, eBay or other similar websites.
We allow the sale/trade of video and audio equipment for filming hunts as well as other fragile items. Please remember, these items can be damaged during shipping or fluctuating temperatures. You are on your own when making these transactions. DO your homework and make a smart purchase/trade.
WE CANNOT always help you. It is a moderator’s discretion to offer assistance with a bad deal. We do welcome your questions and concerns and will Black List an unscrupulous buyer/seller after a review of your transaction. Archery Talk Classifieds is a service offered to individual members to buy/sell and trade their new or used archery goods.
If you have problems with a transaction and have EXPLORED AND INVESTIGATED AND DILIGENTLY PURSUED ALL AVENUES OF RESOLUTION, consider contacting a classifieds moderator for assistance. They will help you if they have time. ArcheryTalk.com is not responsible for your successful transaction, but we will help if we can.
When contacting a staff member regarding a deal gone bad, please provide the member's username (spelled correctly), any contact information you have and all correspondence you have had with them along with a link to the item.
Once you get the item, you have 1-2 days to notified the seller/trader or a classifieds moderator if the item has issues not disclosed in the classified ad or in pm's. Anything beyond 2 days from receiving item is not the sellers/other traders responsibility and no returns/refunds allowed. So inspect the item right away! Remember your buying or trading used equipment and there is always a risk.
Your word is your bond, your word is your rep, and your actions speak louder than all the words combined. If you can’t maintain and keep your word, and if you can't meet your obligations, then you have NO business doing business here. PLEASE do everyone a favor, including yourself, and don’t do business where people depend on you to perform your duty to them, and conduct business in a mature and honorable fashion.
Communication is KEY. It is very important is to set aside a few minutes of the day to COMMUNICATE with those with whom you have deals open. IT ONLY TAKES A SMALL AMOUNT OF TIME! Always maintain an open channel of communication until your transactions are complete.
Tips to avoid Rip Offs and what to do first if you think it has happened to you:
1) Always ship with insurance and tracking #'s. If shipping expensive items, ship with delivery confirmation, at a minimum.
2) Know your shipper's terms of service. For example, FedEx Ground states under Liabilities Not Assumed what they will not be held liable for.
3) Always ask for a real name and home address and phone number, especially when trading with somebody who is unknown or has bad feedback.
4) Always do a search on a trader if you are unsure of their credibility.
5) If you do not receive the goods/money right away, email the other trader, and request action. If paid by check, wait until money clears before shipment and make copy of check.
6) If said trader does not respond in two working days, email again. Be patient.
7) If said trader does not respond within one week, contact a classifieds moderator. They are established traders with a lot of experience who work across several forums chasing thieves and other bad traders and helping to resolve trading disputes. They run the AT Classifieds.
8) Please do not jump to conclusions until a reasonable amount of time has passed. Two weeks with no response is a sure bet that something is wrong.
9) Do not make decisions while you are upset. Only post or email us after you have calmed down. This is most important. Making decisions while enraged will not help your cause; it can only hurt it.
10) Do not post derogatory remarks about said trader. Instead, post your situation in a calm and friendly manner. Flaming will only raise tempers, hurting your chance of getting your goods or money back.
11) Ask if anyone else has had trouble with said trader. It is always good to know as much as possible when trading with someone, especially if you think you got ripped by that person.
12) If said trader does not rectify situation and action is required, post a negative i-Trader Feedback for said trader.
13) If said trader does not rectify situation and action is required, we will post a thread in “Traders Blacklist”. If said trader straightens out the mess he/she has created and everyone who is involved is satisfied, we will delete and/or retract the statement.
14) Please use common sense when trading.
15) You can file complaints about Internet fraud directly with the FBI at their Internet Fraud Complaint Center (IFCC).
16) Post i-Trader Feedback for your deals, especially if requested to do so by the other trader. If you were treated well, a good feedback is part of the deal, and the trader has earned it. If you were not treated well, other traders need to know what went wrong.
17) Utilize Google to search the member’s name, user name, email address and phone number. You could easily find out whether they are scamming or not. There are other investigative tools online you could use also.
Last but not least............
18) Be nice and courteous, nobody likes to be spoken to in a RUDE manner.
Keep in mind, these rules will be strictly enforced and a user's Classifieds and/or Archery Talk privileges can and will be revoked for serious or repeat violations...the success of the Classifieds is dependent upon the integrity and responsibility of its users.
Your cooperation is greatly appreciated.