PDA

View Full Version : Competition

deputy83
September 3rd, 2009, 12:37 AM
I know there is the 40 yard backyard competition....but is there a 20? I would like to do that one if there is one.

Bees
September 3rd, 2009, 09:11 AM
I know there is the 40 yard backyard competition....but is there a 20? I would like to do that one if there is one.

Sure there is, all ya gotta do is shoot one, and post it and it's a happen!

Deputy83 in charge of backyard 20 yard. there ya go it's offical.... :)

JayMc
September 3rd, 2009, 09:35 AM
Deputy - write some basic rules and number of rounds per month and get it going already :D

Brown Hornet
September 3rd, 2009, 10:33 AM
We used to do it....OBT ran it for the most part. We did it every week not once a month though. Indoors is a little different everyone plays that game for the most part.

But you can't do indoors scoring like you did the scoring outdoors...we counted Xs as an 11 when shooting the 3 spot face and as a 6 when shooting the 5 spot face. Then did each end as a shootoff for the most part.

Do a search in Gen Pop for Distance Shoot and the stuff will come up. The ones from 2 and 3 years ago are going to be what you want.

Just remember that your gonna have some good scores....so doing total score like was done for the outdoor shoot isn't going to work. There are a lot of people that aren't going to shoot less the 50-55Xs on a 5 spot...Vegas round there are gonna be a lot of guys that can hang in the 295+ range.

JayMc
September 3rd, 2009, 11:25 AM
That dang TN Archer will 60X us to death on a 5 spot ;)