PDA

View Full Version : mathews string suppressor problems

millerw289
September 8th, 2009, 09:44 AM
I have read a lot about people's bow string jumping off the top string suppressor on a lot of the mathews bows. I am experiencing the same problem. Does anyone know if mathews as found a fix to this problem? I have checked the mathews forums and didn't find anything on there except people talking about ways to "rig" your bow so it won't do it. Would this have anything to do with idle lean? I have also heard of people cutting the suppressor so it is flat with no ridge for the string to "flip" over. I imagine that would void the warranty.

Dale_B1
September 8th, 2009, 10:21 AM
Check your idler lean that can cause it. Also if it is split some that can cause it. Also there were a few that were too soft and Mathews has changed it up. More likely idler lean.:wink:
Another thought make sure you have the right one on top as it is bigger than the cam one.

deerhuntinfool
September 8th, 2009, 10:24 AM
my DXT had this problem when i first bought it. i called mathews and they said they had made some that were just too soft. took it to my dealer, they put some new ones on there and have never had the problem since.

millerw289
September 8th, 2009, 10:36 AM
thanks guys

onlyaspike
September 8th, 2009, 10:41 AM
check Idler lean at full draw, also Mathews has made some harder rubber suppressor pads. One of these if not both are the source of your problems.

trumbow
September 8th, 2009, 10:46 AM
thanks guys

do you have an STS on it??

millerw289
September 8th, 2009, 10:47 AM
do you have an STS on it??

Nope.

trumbow
September 8th, 2009, 10:51 AM
i have heard an STS causes this if not set up properly to the 1/8" gap.... thats the reason why i asked... i have not had this problem on my reezen but i have looked up every flaw on the mathews forums and all over the net,,, just incase something were to happen to my baby i would know how to fix it... Is it the top suppressor?

millerw289
September 8th, 2009, 10:57 AM
i have heard an STS causes this if not set up properly to the 1/8" gap.... thats the reason why i asked... i have not had this problem on my reezen but i have looked up every flaw on the mathews forums and all over the net,,, just incase something were to happen to my baby i would know how to fix it... Is it the top suppressor?

It sure is. I noticed there is a slight lean to the idler at full draw. I put an arrow on the wheel and it is about 1/4" off (looking from behind the bow the arrow is passing under the string. It's not crossing the string but it is directly under it) If i remember right I need an 1/8" gap with the arrow on the left and the string on the right. Is this correct? if so, I think one or two more twists should do the trick.

outback1
September 8th, 2009, 12:32 PM
it most likely has nothing to do with idler lean on sts problems, the rubber is to soft in the string suppresor, its the top one only, right? Just go to your Mathews dealer and they will take care of it. Do a search on here and you will find several posts on the same thing, I even started one myself