PDA

View Full Version : Rage Question

gwm
September 10th, 2009, 11:38 AM
Is the o-ring supposed to hold the blades in?

A friend of mine gave me a 3-Blade head to look at. He's going to shoot Slick Tricks this year. He said he liked the Rage and the damage that they can do. He just hated dealing with the blades moving all over the place. I also can't get the o-ring to keep the blades together. I always seem to have one blade "extended" or moving.

I'm just curious, nothing more, nothing less.

MULIES4EVER
September 10th, 2009, 11:55 AM
I shoot the 2 blade and have problems with the blades popping open too easily.

SplashOfPee
September 10th, 2009, 11:55 AM
Your buddy is on to something......:embara:

goodnottygy
September 10th, 2009, 12:00 PM
Your buddy is on to something......:embara:

I bought some and am not even going to shoot them... I have shot Spitfires for years and no problems. So I was thinking why take the chance?

STRAIGHTARROW
September 10th, 2009, 12:22 PM
Yeah, the O rings are "supposed" to keep the blades closed.
(Excuse me, I'm laughing)

Put an orthodontic rubber band (like the ones used on Rocket mechanicals)around the blades about mid way. Works much better and opens just fine. Also a quiver like the Bohning Lynx with two points to grab the arrow shaft will keep the head from contacting the inside of the quiver.

StrutStopper
September 10th, 2009, 12:24 PM
So far I haven't had any problems with blades opening prematurely with the Rage 2 blades just using the O-ring that came with them. My quiver doesn't have any foam in it and I don't go bumping the heads on anything, but maybe I've just been lucky?

sawtoothscream
September 10th, 2009, 12:26 PM
I shoot the 2 blade and have problems with the blades popping open too easily.

the 2 blades hold good. i could hit the arrow on my arm and shake it like crazy and the blades woulnt even move.

3 blade is another story.