PDA

View Full Version : Anybody get 1 down south

Slinging
September 15th, 2009, 01:25 PM
we hunted babcock/webb and got nothing saw some sat but to far out and moving too fast sun saw nothing at all hopefully someone got something

Captbob
September 15th, 2009, 11:24 PM
from what i was told at the check station there were like 11 deer taken. i think the rain had a big factor.

Slinging
September 16th, 2009, 02:31 PM
I think you are right the rain was bad sun morning when we were checking in they told us that 10 were taken sat so only 1 for sun then

FlCracker13
September 16th, 2009, 03:22 PM
I hunted Babcock Ranch on and off Saturday-Tuesday. At the end of Tuesday their were only 5 deer and 3 hogs taken:confused:. It rained all day Saturday and flooded the roads so they closed all the trails (85% of the property) I managed 2 of the 3 hogs and could have taken atleast 10 more no joke. No deer seen from my stand but while stakning I missed a small 8 and the largest 10 point I have ever shot at. I pratice and shoot 3-D all the time but buck fever and too much brush got the best of me on the 2 missed deer but they were clean misses anyway. I will be back for muzzleloader next month. Thanks and good luck to all the Florida boys.

getumspike
September 16th, 2009, 03:35 PM
I hunted webb all day saturday and sunday morning. Rain was deffinetly a factor. Me and my buddy saw 11 deer on saturday only two were within 100 yards and all were on the move. I believe all were does. Saw 2 hogs early morning but it was definitely too early to shoot. Sunday, hunting alone, I saw 2 does, finally just walking. But I couldn't move fast enough without making too much noise to catch up with them and they wouldn't stop. They kept moving and I eventually lost them. Everybody I talked to, pretty much, had the same experience. They all saw deer but none were very close, and all were running. 10 deer mostly does, biggest was a 4 point (on saturday) and I am not sure what got harvested sunday.

Captbob
September 16th, 2009, 07:27 PM
update there were 19 deer taken out of webb

JPizzle
September 16th, 2009, 09:26 PM
I shot a gator last weekend. He was only 5'9" but they were all skiddish and we couldnt get clsoe. I wont be back in the deer woods till next week as I am going to watch Urban beat up on Lane this weekend.

snookfishin
September 17th, 2009, 03:04 PM
I did good out at Webb last weekend. I missed a doe on sat,shot just over her back. And saw about 15 other deer that were out of range. On sun I had a doe down by 8:00 Am that had buck chasing her. ( I missed him due to being excited after shooting the doe) Then had three more does come and smell her and then run off. I chose not to shoot because I wanted a shot at a buck. I heard hogs off in the distance so I got down and did some stalking. And shot a boar hog. Then I sat in the rain for a few hours and right after it finished the woods came alive!!!!!!! I saw about a dozen deer and shot this 5 point. The shot was a little far back (liver) so I let him lay till the morning. And found him about 350 or so yards away, but not before the coyotes got him. It was a wet weekend to say the least but a good one.

http://i251.photobucket.com/albums/gg297/liquore2006/DSC00906.jpg
http://i251.photobucket.com/albums/gg297/liquore2006/DSC00908.jpg

snookfishin
September 17th, 2009, 03:06 PM
update there were 19 deer taken out of webb

+1 I checked mine in on Monday morning.

hoytshooter1981
September 17th, 2009, 04:45 PM
good job guys...im headed out for the26th

Captbob
September 17th, 2009, 05:02 PM
Good job Snook!!

eorlando
September 21st, 2009, 08:20 AM
I got one at Spririt of the Wild Sat. check out this link http://www.archerytalk.com/vb/showthread.php?t=1021130
I can't post the pic again on here.

snookfishin
September 21st, 2009, 09:08 AM
Congrats, thats a nice one.

b_vanfossen
September 21st, 2009, 05:10 PM
last I checked 112 out of Corbett.

I have missed an 8 point and 1 doe. Nothing taken. Everyone I've talked to havn't seen anything. I havn't seen a deer for 1.5 weeks. Just not moving? IDK...

good luck everyone

Slinging
September 21st, 2009, 06:40 PM
I must of been in a crappy spot at babcock/webb