PDA

View Full Version : Kansas Antelope

Hwy291
September 15th, 2009, 11:01 PM
Anyone going this year? Going to give it a shot on a buddies ground in mid October? Will be our first attempt, anyone have any experience or advice? Ground blind, decoys, etc? Let me hear what you got. :wink:

Pickert
September 16th, 2009, 03:02 PM
I was maybe going to go with a guy and do some filming but his son didn't get a deer this last weekend so they are going back out there again this weekend to try and get him a deer.
The guy I was going to go with went out there a couple years ago and got close and shot a couple times but never did connect. I think they did all spot and stalk and used a cow cut out and stalked using it.

raptor4life660r
September 24th, 2009, 09:36 PM
It can be done. Last weekend we stalked 3 herds and had shots on them every time. I will warn you though. Have a 50 yd pin. They are quick and will do what I call "spin" the string. They do a 180 and haul out. You can sit water, but its been pretty wet out west this past week, and there are alot of hidden springs that they hit.

Good luck.

Hwy291
September 28th, 2009, 12:04 AM
Sounds like there are some to be had this year. Sounds like we will be pushed to the middle of October before we get time to go out there. Let me know if you guys get any. Do you guys use decoys, if so what is the preferred one?