PDA

View Full Version : Saturday is comin!!!!!

Gixxer
September 21st, 2009, 06:30 PM
I am so pumped!! Sucky part is getting in line at the buttcrack of 2am to get a decent spot in line at the gate. Gear is ready, bow is ready, I am ready.

Duckbill
September 21st, 2009, 08:33 PM
I'm with ya, man. This week is going to crawl.:confused:

huntin' hard
September 22nd, 2009, 12:12 AM
I cannot wait, hunthed the georgia opener thought it would help curb the need to hunt, but im definately more excited about this weekend, got a spot with some real potential. Good luck to everybody!

hoytshooter1981
September 22nd, 2009, 03:36 PM
super pumped here, heading down friday night

oldnewbie
September 23rd, 2009, 01:53 PM
I'm like the rest of you,I can hardly wait!!It's been a stressful time for me the the past 6 weeks or so,and I can't wait to get in my stand Sat. AM and tune out everything except mother nature.Good luck to ALL you Fl boys.Hunt Hard but most of all hunt SAFE!!:)

floridabou3
September 24th, 2009, 08:03 PM
i cant wait also tomorrow after work im headed out to camp for the weekend away from everything peace here i come lol

Teh Wicked
September 26th, 2009, 07:48 PM
Striked out today boys...All I seen was some bushes moving and that was it... Funny thing is, Myself and Gixxer left Green Swamp around 11:30 and the only thing on the tally board was 1 doe...Not a single pig, that is so weird!!! Me and him have scouted our area a couple times and every single time we have been there there was pigs everywhere! today, not a single one. Someone mush have sent out a memo to hide...

Slinging
September 26th, 2009, 09:39 PM
Struck out too but I think it had to do with a dummy on a 4 wheeler maybe tomarrow if not it will be slow in the area on monday

PETE74
September 26th, 2009, 10:09 PM
I sat this morning i saw 2 doe's 1 hog a pile of turkey's and a bobcat.the cat got drilled at 20yd's i didn't get no pic's i sat for another hour and a half he was smellin pretty bad.i saw 2 doe's and a cow horn spike this afternoon but no shooter's:sad:

oldnewbie
September 27th, 2009, 11:04 AM
:sad:Struck out opening day too.All I saw was a big rabbit,60 yds away.HOT Sat afternoon.Not much fun,but it beat not hunting!

Duckbill
September 27th, 2009, 01:27 PM
Striked out today boys...All I seen was some bushes moving and that was it... Funny thing is, Myself and Gixxer left Green Swamp around 11:30 and the only thing on the tally board was 1 doe...Not a single pig, that is so weird!!! Me and him have scouted our area a couple times and every single time we have been there there was pigs everywhere! today, not a single one. Someone mush have sent out a memo to hide...

We were right down the road at Richloam Baird Unit. Nothing moving! All the scouting I did...covered up with deer. This weekend...nothing. I sat a total of 9 hrs in the stand yesterday and a few hours this morning. I saw gators, ducks and squirrels. We saw a hog while driving in at 5AM.

One buck was shot last night, but unrecovered. That's it. For some reason, that whole region was "shut down".

Gixxer
September 27th, 2009, 01:42 PM
Dude I have no idea how you could stay in your stand for 9 hours it was so hot. We were in our stands ready to hunt at 6 and climbing down by 10. My sweat rag was completely soaked through. On the lighter side of things that thermocell rocked!! After some discussion with Teh I believe that after we move stands about 30yd we might be in there. Besides that, we might hav to move our stands completely across the road from our parking spot cause I think they are coming from that direction and crossing the road to get to us. all that vehicle traffic kept em on that side. Maybe some more scouting to adapt and overcome sound about right. What you think Teh?

Duckbill
September 27th, 2009, 04:01 PM
It was dang sure HOT! I wouldn't have minded if I had of seen something. It was raining acorns where I was at. I am still in disbelief that nothing came through.

huntin' hard
September 28th, 2009, 06:03 PM
How crowded was green swamp guys?

Gixxer
September 28th, 2009, 06:17 PM
There was a lot of vehicle traffic for sure, to include that one guy with the truck blind on top of his ford explorer parked on the side of the road.

Teh Wicked
September 28th, 2009, 09:50 PM
How crowded was green swamp guys?

It wasnt as bad as I thought it would be. Me and Gixxer showed up at 3am and was like #5 in line. But even when the gates opened I bet there was less than 100 in line. I will be heading back out there on Friday, I will show up when the gates open this time. Im not loosing that much sleep again just to watch all the dummies driving up and down the road looking for a animal on the side of the road. Im heading out ther Thursday evening more than likely to make a move and put the treestand in a better location.

huntin' hard
September 29th, 2009, 05:19 PM
thanks for the info guys I'm prolly gonna head out there friday afternoon I'll let you know how it goes

hoytshooter1981
September 30th, 2009, 02:46 PM
sturck out here. sucked but i was cut off from the north by some guys with climbers but thats the problem with public hunting...some people just cant hang stands early they have to wait and walk in on somebody. IT SUCKS!