PDA

View Full Version : Who's hunting opening day?

ARBowHuntr
September 22nd, 2009, 01:08 PM
With opening day on a Thursday this year I am trying to do all that I can to get off work and be able to go hunt, but I still don't know if it is going to work out or not. How many of you guys are going to be lucky enough to be out next Thursday for opening morning and where are you hunting?

AR_Headhunter
September 22nd, 2009, 01:12 PM
Unless I am dead I will be out there. Well actually I am hoping 1 of the jobs I bid does not want their jobs to start on a Thursday! Thats 1 great thing about being self-employed, scheduling conflicts. ;)

knighten
September 22nd, 2009, 06:49 PM
i am off wed. for inventory,now why cant it be thursday,guess i will have to wait for sat.

Waknstak6
September 22nd, 2009, 06:56 PM
In Iowa it starts the 1st of october, and I will be in the woods. But, i decided that is was a lil too far away so I'm goin to South Dakota this weekend cuz it opens the 26th. thought what the heck y not get some S.D. doe practice before Ia opens....:darkbeer:

sawtoothscream
September 22nd, 2009, 06:57 PM
im hunting the NY opener. who doesnt? im going no matter what

BeauAR
September 22nd, 2009, 11:09 PM
Saturday is as soon as I can make it. I hope everyone posts photos of their deer!

ARBowHuntr
September 23rd, 2009, 12:02 PM
Saturday is as soon as I can make it. I hope everyone posts photos of their deer!

Yeah I think that starting opening day we need to start an Arkansas success thread where everybody can post their pics for this season.

AR_Headhunter
September 23rd, 2009, 02:19 PM
That sounds like a good idea.

goatranch
September 23rd, 2009, 02:22 PM
Yeah baby! I am taking off Thursday and Friday depending on weather. Work for myself...I do what I want!

Lets make an AR opener thread to track success.

ARBowHuntr
September 23rd, 2009, 05:30 PM
Yeah I couldn't stand it anymore, made the plans and I am going up to one of our farms to bowhunt all this weekend up in Missouri. I guess that makes up for not being able to go out next Thursday.

BeauAR
September 23rd, 2009, 07:08 PM
Yeah I think that starting opening day we need to start an Arkansas success thread where everybody can post their pics for this season.

Definitely

FroMan
September 24th, 2009, 01:49 AM
I'll be out on that Thursday and hopefully I'll be posting pics that afternoon! I'm not gonna be picky, does are fair game! Plus, I'd rather satisfy my blood lust early...

ARBowHuntr
September 24th, 2009, 10:49 AM
Oh I can guarantee you that if a big fat doe walks out this weekend up in Missouri that I am letting one fly. Gotta take advantage any time that you can put meat in the freezer early in the season.

BeauAR
September 24th, 2009, 01:12 PM
You gotta get blood on your hands early for good luck.

Lil Okie
September 24th, 2009, 01:56 PM
Me...Unless something I don't know about comes up. My fingers are definitely crossed. LOL

STERRNO
September 24th, 2009, 05:27 PM
cant wait.Ill be in a tree from the 1st to the 5th. good luck all

readytoshootsum
September 24th, 2009, 10:20 PM
I got laid off Tuesday morning, I'll be hunting opening day and several more after that

jna329
September 27th, 2009, 05:56 PM
looking forward to the 1st. will be in stand b4 daylight and stay till blood is drawn or the sunsets. should be home in time for a late breakfast.lol(fingers crossed)

troutbum76
September 27th, 2009, 07:43 PM
will be out friday and saturday and i can't wait!

whitewolf1
September 28th, 2009, 11:07 AM
Heading to camp Wed about noon.

befus
September 28th, 2009, 12:51 PM
Probably not. School teaching and hunting ofter do not mix well. Could run out to a lot I have near Avoca and set up after work, but if I got one it would be more torture than fun. At my age dragging is out if any distance at all and the thought of trying to clean one and butcher it in the field without any facilities, water, or light is just too daunting for me. Call me a wuss I guess......................... ..

solocamo50
September 28th, 2009, 11:38 PM
It will be an off day for me, will be out there without bells on...

BPShunter
September 29th, 2009, 03:52 PM
I'll be out there starting Thursday afternoon through Sunday evening. Unless I tag out before then. :wink:

BPShunter

ISO12ring
September 30th, 2009, 01:44 AM
I get all day Thursday and Friday. Then Saturday pm, me and a buddy are going on the quest for hogs. Sunday, I will be in a tree with my 5 yr old.