PDA

View Full Version : Kansas Doe, First Fixed Blade Harvest....

jerrythemouse
September 25th, 2009, 09:32 PM
Hello All,
I hope everyone has/is having a great 09 season. I harvested this doe on the evening of the 24th.
I Shot her with my Mission X4 pulling 61lbs using a 125grain Terminator 2 Titanium fixed broadhead. The shot distance was 27 yards. The arrow got both lungs as it passed completly through the animal. The doe ran about 100 yards before going down. This doe was taking on public hunting land from a ground blind that I had just set up that afternoon. She cam in from my left hand side on full alert due to the new object in her area. I had to wait until she was looking away from me before I could draw, aim, and release. Trust me, it happened very fast.
This is the first deer I've taken with a fixed blade head. I've used 100 grn Rocket Steelheads since 2002 but decided to change things up last year after my new TR rockets had blades breaking off after harvesting deer. The Terminator 2 did an excellent job. So far I have been unable to find my arrow due to it going into the tall grass that was in the field behind the deer. I will try to find it tomorrow (Saturday) if the rain stops. If I do find it I will report any damage or issues the head shows.

Good luck to all
Mouse

Bakdahelup
September 25th, 2009, 09:37 PM
Wow you're lucky the arrow missed that bow. Wonder how that got stuck there. Deer can be funny sometimes.

martinbows777
September 25th, 2009, 09:41 PM
Nice!

Reflexman
September 25th, 2009, 10:12 PM
congrats :thumbs_up

pass-through
September 25th, 2009, 10:15 PM
Great shot....:darkbeer:

buzzman2
September 25th, 2009, 10:21 PM
Great job!