PDA

View Full Version : First time bowhunting

jguilbe
September 28th, 2009, 12:31 AM
Well my first time bowhunting this weekend was a disappointment.I didn't see any deer.I hunted Lake Marion Creek.Seems that the place is not been well maintain .Other hunter with a lot more experience didn't see any game.Only one hunter got a hog. State of Florida needs to do a better job of taking care of Wma areas.I when scouting this past week and that same week the was cutting the grass for the trails.I think that is to close to opening day.Maybe I'm wrong but I think that would spook any game.I don't understand, why The State of Florida is wondering or looking for a:( reason why people are not hunting anymore."TAKE CARE OF THE PUBLIC AREAS".Not everyone can go to private land or pay to go to this place that offer hunting.:confused:

Renegadehunter
September 28th, 2009, 09:38 AM
i am sorry you feel your first bow experience was unsatisfying down here. just cause only one hog was shot in your area doesnt mean a whole lot. its hot remember that, hunt by water then i guarantee you will at least see something like a gator or a moccasin. you probably wont see many deer or shoot anything until you learn to hunt down here and specifically the area you are in. hunting down here is something totally different, and you have just started to experience that. instead of complaining about the game commission and how they are running something on here, call them i guarantee they will listen, might not give you the answer you want to hear but they will address it.

jguilbe
September 28th, 2009, 12:23 PM
I think u assuming a lot,yes it was my first time bowhunting,but I had hunted before ok.And yes the FWC is not taking care of the WMA,I got a friend that work for them and he will tell anyone, that is what is going on.Yes I'm not original from Florida but I have lived here for 15 years,I have hunted here for the last 7 years.Also before that I hunted in Nebraska ,so I might be a rookie about bowhunting, but maybe I might know a little about hunting. Yes I know about the weather and all that.But is the areas your are hunting are not taking care off that makes things even worst.Yes we all paid our fees for them to used some of that money for our recreation.:eek:So thank for your advise and your teaching,so maybe your can continue educating me,because it seems that your are an expert hunter.

Renegadehunter
September 30th, 2009, 11:16 AM
easy there bud, i am sorry if you felt i was being condescending. that's the problem with posting, sometimes taken the wrong way. didnt mean for anything to be taken the wrong way. the statement about learning to hunt down here wasnt meant in any cut throat way at all. and as far as me being an expert hunter that would only be in the eye of the beholder:darkbeer:, although i did arrow a forkhorn on sunday in a wma. i dont think that qualifies me as an expert hunter even though this is the best start of any bow season yet for me. good luck on the wma you are hunting in, with this cold snap this morning it should get things moving alittle bit. i will be on stand this afternoon myself.

QuickReflex
September 30th, 2009, 03:54 PM
Last wk end there wasnt alot of daylight movement going on anywhere in FL. from what Ive heard , I talked with several buddys of mine through out the state & no one was really seeing much . A few here or there but not alot & several of us hunt private lands as well. Thats hunting in the heat , some days youll see them everywhere other days its seems that your the only living thing in the woods. I guess that why they call it hunting not killing.

Good luck this season.

jguilbe
September 30th, 2009, 09:46 PM
I want to apologize to you if I misread your comment.But my idea of posting was to get others members opinion of the WMA.Again and this is my personal opinion I feel that our wonderfull state is not taking proper care of our wonderfull parks.I love hunting and I don't want this great sport to die because of the lack of places to hunt.I read that every year less people are getting hunting license.I based my opinion in the condition that WMA (Lake Marion Creek)was.The trails were not cut properly,the woods were to high,trash around(I know this is the fall of some people) but that is why we have FW to take care of our recreation areas.Lets keep our GREAT SPORT AT LIVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Renegadehunter
October 1st, 2009, 09:47 AM
its all good, totally understand

floridabou3
October 6th, 2009, 06:33 AM
yea not much going on as far as deer moving in daylight hours i took mon off i think it might get better this week after the fulll mooon and we geting rain today.. i did kill a spike few days ago. its hot as hell in florida. i hunt mornings then i shower and change camo befor i hunt afternooon. and i dont know about you guys but the yellow flys / deer flys hasbeen killing me?

floridabou3
October 6th, 2009, 06:35 AM
yea not much going on as far as deer moving in daylight hours i took mon off i think it might get better this week after the fulll mooon and we geting rain today.. i did kill a spike few days ago. its hot as hell in florida. i hunt mornings then i shower and change camo befor i hunt afternooon. and i dont know about you guys but the yellow flys / deer flys has been killing me?

blair
October 6th, 2009, 10:23 AM
we got some pics during the day but or season dont even start till oct 17 i cant wait