PDA

View Full Version : Countdown checklist

befus
September 29th, 2009, 12:36 PM
It's getting near that time!!!!!!!!!! No opener for me, but the weekend looms pretty close right now. Had a little check list made out last week and just thought I'd post as I have already met some nice fellows here and would like this board to be a good place to hang out.

1. Shoot bow with field points final prep. (Did so last week with about 30 shots a day, done for now)
2. Sight in with broadheads (did last Thursday and was very pleased the 85 grain Slick Tricks shot as the field point did.)
3. Shoot hunting prep; one broadhead a day at deer target. (underway this week)
4. Get stuff descented...started last night washing in unscented detergent and hanging stuff on the deck to dry. Tonight I'll pack it in plastic bags a day's gear in each bag, and be pretty good to go. I also washed the safety vest and fanny pack.
5. Bow related prep-Got the arrows out and checked the fletching, etc and put Slick Tricks on four ICS Hunters and placed 'em in the quiver. Wax bow string tonight.
6. Pack it up. Thursday night I'll get it in the Scentlok camo bag, pack bow in its case, and gas up the truck and be ready for the drive to camp.

That will give me something to do each night to help pass the time and hopefully not forget something. Don't know if I'll see anything larger than a ground squirrel, but am fired up about the challenge.

AR_Headhunter
September 29th, 2009, 03:04 PM
#1 on check list .... Kill a bear.
#2 on check list .... Kill the buck I'm after.
#3 on check list .... Enjoy being selective the rest of the season. :D

martha j
September 30th, 2009, 11:55 AM
don't foget your license. i almost did. had to get it this morning.