PDA

View Full Version : Need help tuning in Olrando

BAMAmathews
September 29th, 2009, 03:56 PM
I pulled out the 100 gr Montecs and I used This thread
( http://www.archerytalk.com/vb/showthread.php?t=539460&highlight=rest+tuning ) to try and get them shooting like my field points but I just cannot get them to shoot well. They shoot about 4-6 inches left and cannot get them to change. I was wondering If anybody in Orlando could meet up and help me out. I have tried this and I just cannot figure out other ways of tuning so any help would be awesome. If I have to try different broadheads thats fine I just need to get something worked out.

Thanks,
Ted

JPizzle
September 29th, 2009, 06:21 PM
I am not local to help you but when you moved the rest, did you get any sort of difference?

Give some back up on the setup and possibly post on the tuning section if you havent already.

BAMAmathews
September 29th, 2009, 06:53 PM
I am not local to help you but when you moved the rest, did you get any sort of difference?

Give some back up on the setup and possibly post on the tuning section if you havent already.

To start off with, I was dead on with field tips. I was shooting about 5 inches right with 100gr montecs and so I did what the tuning thread said about and I started by moving the rest left 1/16th of an inch and shot both field tips and broadheads and the field tips were about 2 inches left and the BH's were still 5 or so inches right and I just played with it and no luck. In the tuning thread I posted above, the rest moven't and very little effect on the field tips at first and in my case I have about the same moven't as the BH's when I adjust the rest

huntin' hard
September 29th, 2009, 09:44 PM
tuning my bow this year, I had to move my rest opposite of what the tuning guide said. Also you might have an underspined arrow maybe. Hope that helps a little

BAMAmathews
September 29th, 2009, 09:57 PM
Either way, I move the rest and my field tips and BH's don't get any closer. I have ask several people and they said that .400 or 5575 is the right spine. If any body is near Orlando and wants to try and work this thing out with me, that would be awesome. Thanks for the tips guys