PDA

View Full Version : Arkansas deer sightings log

AR_Headhunter
October 1st, 2009, 01:10 PM
Saw a Doe & fawn at 8:20 am this morning. 10/01
Fawn was very with spots so they got a free pass.

fishmannyj
October 1st, 2009, 02:27 PM
Saw a forked horn buck at 7:05 on area 7 Ft Chaffee. Not much deer sign (1 small scape and one rub). Other areas that are not open yet have seen plenty more scrapes and rubs. As many people as were out there somone should have connected with one!? GL all!

AR_Headhunter
October 1st, 2009, 02:33 PM
I figured this would be a good idea to keep a log of activity all year long. If everyone from Arkansas all log our sightings it could be useful info.

ARBowHuntr
October 1st, 2009, 02:49 PM
Definitely a good idea, might help us all get an idea of when the rut is starting to peak in our areas. Looks like I will get out of work early enough to get into the stand this evening. I'll report back tonight. Shoot straight everybody

-ARB

AR_Headhunter
October 1st, 2009, 08:14 PM
2 does at 6PM skirted me. 1 doe at 6:30 hit a little limb between us and missed at 30 yards.

BPShunter
October 1st, 2009, 08:47 PM
Doe and a yearling at my feeder at 5:50PM at 20 steps. Chip shot but didn't take it. Too hot to mess with her. Also kinda weak from loss of blood.

Try again in the morning.

BPShunter

jna329
October 1st, 2009, 08:59 PM
seen 4 just at daylight - 3 doe and a yearly. watched til after seven and took the oldest doe with no little one. 16 yards! jumped 3 more while tracking her. got meat in freezer so now its time to hunt some horn, hog, and bear. wont get to go again til sunday but will update if any seen.

AR_Headhunter
October 1st, 2009, 09:06 PM
seen 4 just at daylight - 3 doe and a yearly. watched til after seven and took the oldest doe with no little one. 16 yards! jumped 3 more while tracking her. got meat in freezer so now its time to hunt some horn, hog, and bear. wont get to go again til sunday but will update if any seen.

Congrats man. I would of had a 10 yard chip shot on the doe I missed except when I went to stand up the seat on my lock on caught my leg & flopped. She had me busted. I tried a shot as she went to loop around me but no luck.:(

jna329
October 1st, 2009, 09:21 PM
thanks - sorry bout the luck - i clipped a limb when i shot the doe but still made fatal hit -just went a little high and back. Hope you get one down soon. should have took pic but forgot camera. look forward to seeing all the pics coming from everyone else. be sure to throw out a pic of any bear or hogs as well.

fishmannyj
October 1st, 2009, 09:56 PM
Saw a young 6pt at 6pm. Was a little out of range but wud have passed on this buck this early anyways. Chaffe postered new calender today....all areas but 2&3 closing the 12th. My scouting has been for nothing this year! Gonna have to get out and scout Whiterock and hit up some landowners to make a season out of it. GL All!

befus
October 1st, 2009, 11:21 PM
Congrats man. I would of had a 10 yard chip shot on the doe I missed except when I went to stand up the seat on my lock on caught my leg & flopped. She had me busted. I tried a shot as she went to loop around me but no luck.:(

Well crap! Keep after em, get one soon in case there is a bear in your future.....

goatranch
October 2nd, 2009, 10:25 AM
In my blind on the opener before daylight. 9:30AM a non legal little buck comes by within 15 yards of me. Main beams, no points. Looked right at blind...never knew it was there. Nothing more. Evening hunt was rained out with strong winds.

bowshooter20
October 2nd, 2009, 03:04 PM
8:30 this morn shot a big fat doe 20yrd

rimmer79
October 2nd, 2009, 09:29 PM
Well I got home from college around 1. At 1:30 I tried to go to my stand but there were already 3 doe in the food plot. I killed some time and wated for them to leave. About 3:00 I had a couple doe cross in front of me at about 40 yards in some thick brush. At about 3:45 a doe came from the oppiset direction across the thick brush (probably one of the same deer). At 7:00 I had a doe come out and stay just behind a tree. As I was climbing down, about halfway down the ladder, I looked out and noticed a forked horn. It got spooked and ran off.

fishmannyj
October 3rd, 2009, 09:04 PM
Didnt get out today...had to help the Parent out around the house> Any new reports? GL All!

rimmer79
October 3rd, 2009, 09:28 PM
I set for about 8 hours today and didnt see a deer! I have never sat that particular stand in the afternoon and not saw deer.

jna329
October 3rd, 2009, 09:41 PM
seen 5 on way to eureka from springdale this morning. couldnt hunt:cry:. had buddy lose a 8pt on friday morning around springdale- bad shot? then a buddy shot a doe tonite at bout 6-she came in with 2 others- south of lincoln.
i am in green forest tonite and seen 2 just b4 dark. big doe and yearling. was another just out of site. will try to get one here in morning. good luck to all and keep the info coming. it will sure be helpful in time to come.

AR_Headhunter
October 3rd, 2009, 09:55 PM
10/03 Me & a friend hunted together this afternoon. We had 3 deer come in on us about 6PM & my friend took their first deer ever with a crossbow at about 24 yards from a ground blind. A mature doe. I got to watch the entire thing go down & it was a thrill just being there for someone else's first deer. Just got done dressing it & got home.

jna329
October 3rd, 2009, 10:10 PM
I got to watch the entire thing go down & it was a thrill just being there for someone else's first deer. Just got done dressing it & got home.

this is almost as good as taking one yourself. i personally love to see someone take their first animal.(especially kids) Congrats. its an awesome feeling to be there for the first kill. doesnt matter how old or young - to see the excitement that comes over someone is amazing. I wish everyone could experience that feeling at least once in their life. their would be a lot less anti-hunters.

AR_Headhunter
October 3rd, 2009, 10:13 PM
To me it was better than taking 1 myself. I love to share the experience of helping others. My friend has a disability & cannot hunt from tree stands so I loaned them my ground blind. I would not trade the experience for 10 kills myself.

BPShunter
October 4th, 2009, 12:03 AM
Didn't hunt this morning. But went this afternoon. Had a big 6 with no browtines and an 8 pt come in at dark. Whacked the 8. Pics on the harvest thread.

BPShunter

goatranch
October 4th, 2009, 01:10 PM
I agree...I like to hear about what others are seeing/shooting as we go along.

As for Friday for me...had one gobbler come in in the afternoon. Would have been a slam dunk except SEASON IS CLOSED! Thanks AGFC. No Sat. or Sunday hunt.

swampboss
October 4th, 2009, 01:34 PM
Hunted 3 times, yet to see a deer. A lot of acorns have been knocked out by recent storms. I haven't seen very many on the sides of the road since season opened. I think the full moon has them thrown off too.

fishmannyj
October 4th, 2009, 04:50 PM
Didnt go out this morn. My nieghbor came by to see why and brought me a Scent loc jacket and pants he didnt want anymore! Glad I took the morning off and have a great nieghbor!! :)

bowshooter20
October 4th, 2009, 06:10 PM
Harvest totals Oct. 1 - 3: Total 2,429, antlered 848, button bucks 159, 1,422 does. this is from the ar game and fish they post on facebook

jna329
October 4th, 2009, 10:54 PM
did a morning hunt in close to green forest. not a deer to be seen. got back to springdale area this afternoon to find that a buddy(30 something years of age-never too late to start) had arrowed his first ever and couldnt find her. he called me and we went tracking. the excitement on his face when we found his first bow kill was priceless. although I wasnt there for the hunt - being there to find that doe was awesome.

rimmer79
October 4th, 2009, 11:24 PM
I saw a small buck today at 4:15, he was acting fishy, kept lookin back like there was a bigger buck behind him.

asa_low12
October 4th, 2009, 11:59 PM
I also saw a 5 or 6 point at 4 pm today. Got drew back on a bobcat about 330 but it ran as soon as I got my head in the peep. Doe and fawn came out about 5 mins before to dark to shoot. Had 14 does and fawns and 1 button buck under my stand yesterday from 530-dark. Didn't shoot one.

whitewolf1
October 5th, 2009, 09:42 AM
Hunted Thur, Fri and Sat. Saw 13 total but only one from the stand. Busted 5 out from under the tree I hunted Thurs morning. Had some people issues fri and sat that really screwed up things. It was awesome to be back in a tree though.

befus
October 5th, 2009, 10:20 AM
10/3
6:30-10:30 Hempstead County. Clear, calm; no movement seen.
4:00-7:30 " ditto the above "

10/4 Hempstead County/heavy rain no morning hunt.
3:00-5:00 Rain ended, short hunt before five hour drive. Deer moved, just not near me. Friend took a doe at 4:00.

Boudreaux
October 5th, 2009, 11:28 AM
10/2 PM
A doe and two little one, Killed one of the little ones with the self bow at 12 yards

10/3 PM
Seen a does and two little ones

10/4 AM
Seen 5 does and one little one together got to 29, wouldn't give the g/f the ok to shoot till 25. Got down wind and skirted us.

10/4 PM
Watched a 5" spike chase 3 does for 20 min, had them running wild and laying down every chance they could get. Then seen 5 does and one little one. Then seen 4 does.

Boswell

AR_Headhunter
October 6th, 2009, 07:47 AM
10/05 A deer crossed south of my lock on stand.

befus
October 6th, 2009, 09:19 AM
10/05 p.m. no sightings Benton Cty. (*lots of noise from dozer work somewhere nearby)

AR_Headhunter
October 6th, 2009, 10:02 PM
10/06 4:30PM 2 does came by my ridge stand headed west.

fishmannyj
October 6th, 2009, 10:52 PM
Spot and stalk on some does and had a spike and small six come into field. None presented a good shot so passed. Had to go between rain showers today. Will be after them again! Plenty of season left!

goatranch
October 7th, 2009, 10:10 AM
46 degrees this morning and saw 6 does moving on my place. Good morning for hunting.

AR_Headhunter
October 7th, 2009, 12:20 PM
10/07 No movement this morning around my ridge stand. Went scouting after 10AM & found a old logging road through a clear cut that has lots of activity.

STERRNO
October 7th, 2009, 03:46 PM
back at work now but i hunted 10/1-10/5 on my moms friends farm its 300 acres mostly pasture . my buddy and I saw at least 50 deer the 4 days we went there we killed 3 deer out of the same tree in three eves. no body hunts there and the deer are thick.we saw 5 different bucks never got one close.we will be back there fri- mon. hope to get one close.

AR_Headhunter
October 7th, 2009, 05:54 PM
Yeah the morning hunts have not been very productive. Most of the deer I have seen have been in the evenings. The dark nights with no moon are coming though & thats usually when I score.

befus
October 7th, 2009, 08:14 PM
Yeah the morning hunts have not been very productive. Most of the deer I have seen have been in the evenings. The dark nights with no moon are coming though & thats usually when I score.

Bring em on, I'm ready. Been really slow where I have hunted. :sleep:

readytoshootsum
October 8th, 2009, 12:27 AM
I've been hunting a small wooded strip in Farmington, no buck sign yet. The strip is a natural funnel and I've been seeing quite a few does in the mornings. I hunt this evening from the ground and got caught by a young doe as I was reaching for a drink. I seen her head sticking out from behind a tree at 40 yards. I don't know how she got that close. At about 6 pm I had a mature doe come down the fence line and get within 15 yards. She was feeding on acorns and I only needed her to take 2 steps, so I smash her. I could see her back leg behind the tree. The wind blew from my backside and I seen that back leg go stiff. About 2 seconds later she was gone and was letting the whole world know about it. I did'nt see anymore deer after that. The storms started moving in and I moved out. I'll get back out there probaly this weekend, by the time the rain stops. I'll kill that hussie before the season is over.

swampboss
October 8th, 2009, 06:45 PM
I have hunted 4 times and am 0 for 4 even seeing a deer. The moon phase is bad. I have hunted 4 different stands 2 natural 2 baited. Only saw 3 pigs out of range. By now I have normally seen 40-50 deer. The acorns are early and the skeeters are off the charts and still getting worse each day. Good thing for Thermacell. Now if I don't find any refills I will have to stay home. I could use the bugtamer but the cloud around me would give me away.

AR_Headhunter
October 8th, 2009, 09:10 PM
10/08 Saw 3 deer. Had a 4 point come by at 15 yards at 6PM. At 6:45PM I had a mature doe & her fawn come by and the mature doe gave me a good shot. It was a good hit with bright bubbly blood. I was giving her 30 minutes & right at dark after I had just started tracking it came a downpour. All blood is gone & I am soaked. I did a small grid search in the rain & could not find her. No doubt she is dead & I'm sick about it. We have to many coyotes & bears for her to be untouched come morning plus it is so hot tonight she will be ruined. 1'st deer I've lost in over 15 years & I am not happy about it!

befus
October 8th, 2009, 10:16 PM
10/08 Saw 3 deer. Had a 4 point come by at 15 yards at 6PM. At 6:45PM I had a mature doe & her fawn come by and the mature doe gave me a good shot. It was a good hit with bright bubbly blood. I was giving her 30 minutes & right at dark after I had just started tracking it came a downpour. All blood is gone & I am soaked. I did a small grid search in the rain & could not find her. No doubt she is dead & I'm sick about it. We have to many coyotes & bears for her to be untouched come morning plus it is so hot tonight she will be ruined. 1'st deer I've lost in over 15 years & I am not happy about it!

That's a tough one Jack, dang it! You wouldn't think she'd go far, but even a 100 yard run would get her plenty lost in the country up here with no trail to follow. Will be getting plenty cool tonight I think and the rain will help a tad, might be worth a little time in the a.m. Wish I could help you.

AR_Headhunter
October 8th, 2009, 10:18 PM
That's a tough one Jack, dang it! You wouldn't think she'd go far, but even a 100 yard run would get her plenty lost in the country up here with no trail to follow. Will be getting plenty cool tonight I think and the rain will help a tad, might be worth a little time in the a.m. Wish I could help you.

I'll find the remains no doubt. I am showing a low of 52 though plus she ran straight towards a coyote den. They might leave me a foot or two.

swampboss
October 9th, 2009, 08:33 PM
10/08 Saw 3 deer. Had a 4 point come by at 15 yards at 6PM. At 6:45PM I had a mature doe & her fawn come by and the mature doe me a good shot. It was a good hit with bright bubbly blood. I was giving her 30 minutes & right at dark after I had just started tracking it came a downpour. All blood is gone & I am soaked. I did a small grid search in the rain & could not find her. No doubt she is dead & I'm sick about it. We have to many coyotes & bears for her to be untouched come morning plus it is so hot tonight she will be ruined. 1'st deer I've lost in over 15 years & I am not happy about it!

You need a good tracking dog and some dry clothes. I worked my dog this week. I leave a trail with some bloody raw meat,let her smell the blood on my hand or on leaves, let her trail on the leash, then eat it when she finds it. You never know when you will get that shot at "Mr Big" and he is hit "a little back"

AR_Headhunter
October 10th, 2009, 09:41 PM
10/10 saw 1 small doe @ 6:15PM.

rimmer79
October 10th, 2009, 10:06 PM
I had 5 doe out in the foodplot at 5:45. At 6:15 3 more snuck in down wind of me and blew. All 8 ran off before I got anything in range.

goatranch
October 11th, 2009, 02:35 PM
Boy my area was dead yesterday. 40 degrees at daylight. Saw nothing. Left at 11:30AM home for food and nap. Back out at 3:00PM till dark. One deer came hauling ass through my area...thats it. Could not believe I didn't see anymore deer.

BPShunter
October 11th, 2009, 03:42 PM
I agree goat, nice conditions but deer didn't cooperate.

BPShunter

whitewolf1
October 11th, 2009, 09:32 PM
Saw 13 deer and one hog yesterday. One doe sprung a serious leak but it only lasted 50 yards. :wink:

poobear
October 11th, 2009, 11:38 PM
Got in my stand at 2:00pm saw 6 people 2 dogs and one 9pt that just wasnt mature yet. Attaching a pic of a deer that busted me drawing my bow the other day. Sometimes I make juvinile mistakes and get busted.

poobear
October 11th, 2009, 11:54 PM
I just noticed in the pic that I attached you can see my truck in the background. I was hunting that evening and didnt see a thing. Deer were walking by my truck.lol

goatranch
October 12th, 2009, 10:03 AM
I agree goat, nice conditions but deer didn't cooperate.

BPShunter

I think it is the moon as well as another poster said.

Next weekend should be a different story.

swampboss
October 12th, 2009, 02:59 PM
I agree with you guys, the moon phase and storms knocking off early acorns is making hunting tough here in S AR. I am now 0 for 5 I am going to hunt hard starting this weekend and next week. Our major hardwood bottoms are going to be flooded for the next two weeks. I am going to concentrate on the nearest high ground with white oaks.
Good luck to all

befus
October 12th, 2009, 04:09 PM
I agree with you guys, the moon phase and storms knocking off early acorns is making hunting tough here in S AR. I am now 0 for 5 I am going to hunt hard starting this weekend and next week. Our major hardwood bottoms are going to be flooded for the next two weeks. I am going to concentrate on the nearest high ground with white oaks.
Good luck to all

Me too. :thumbs_do

10/10 a.m. no sightings.
p.m. saw seven does in field, the closest any got to me about 50 yards.
10/11 a.m. no sightings. Did see several moving in the early afternoon while driving out.

poobear
October 12th, 2009, 09:07 PM
I sat this morning and this evening. All i saw was people riding 4wheelers where thy dont have permission.

swampboss
October 13th, 2009, 09:52 AM
I sat this morning and this evening. All i saw was people riding 4wheelers where thy dont have permission.

I have had this problem before also. Just put some catfish bait or other foul smelling stuff on branches about face level that they will have to push out of their way with their hands.
Skunk works great. They soon find other trails to ride without doing damage to a vehicle or having to chase them down. Deer dont care about skunk scent so your hunting area is still natural.

jna329
October 13th, 2009, 10:52 AM
yesterday afternoon hunt- 0000 deer seen. lots of squirrels, crows, etc. not much sign in area. may need to move stand.

fitz270
October 13th, 2009, 09:37 PM
I took a little 8pt on sunday morning 10/11/2009 at 7:20am. I went into a spot I had not seen in 2yrs and seen a couple of fresh scrapes. I climbed up and within 30min he came stepping out. I grunted at him pretty hard a couple of times and he came in to 30yrds and shot him through the shoulders. The old bowtech guardian got a clean double shoulder/double lung passthrough. On Ft Chaffee public land. Took a shot at a doe on chaffee a few days before and shot high, she was quartered away and I ripped the hide off of her back bone. 1inch lower and she would have droped in her tracks but instead she got away. Had a 10pt withing 40yrds but could not get him to come out of the brush and get a clean shot. The rain hit just after that and the area where I seen him is so under water, I need duck hunting waders to get back in there. Ft Chaffee has alot of deer big and small, you just have to fight the hunters.

poobear
October 14th, 2009, 04:19 AM
hunted yesterday evening and saw nothing. I will go out this morning before work and try again. Goodluck everyone

swampboss
October 14th, 2009, 09:49 AM
The deer seem to be getting back to a normal pattern I drove in last night and saw the normal 30-40 on the road sides. One massive shooter buck at least a 10 pt. The next few days should be good with bucks making pre rut scrapes marking their territory. I have to go to a wedding Fri- Sat :(
Good luck to all. Dont forget to wear orange Muzzle loader is open most zones.

readytoshootsum
October 14th, 2009, 03:24 PM
I went out this morning and seen 2 bucks and 5 does, neither of the bucks were big enough to shoot had one doe come within 15 yards behind some brush and got spooked before I could get a shot. I finally have some rubs. I found three in a line, all small

poobear
October 14th, 2009, 10:22 PM
I hunted this morning and didnt see a thing. Good sign all around but no deer. I didnt see any fresh track when i walked out.

BPShunter
October 16th, 2009, 09:56 PM
Saw 11 this morning. 1 nice chocolate horned 15" 8 pointer at 20 yards. Passed him. Couldn't tag out on bucks with one that was not that much better than my 1st. Rest were does and yearlings. I did have a too close for comfort moment when a squirrel came down the tree and got within a foot of my head. Scared the crap out of both of us. If the buck hadn't been close I would have bailed. Hope you guys have some good luck this weekend.

BPShunter

jna329
October 18th, 2009, 04:14 PM
Unfortunately-not hunting much. Took some time yesterday evening to do some scouting on a small piece of property close to me. ( looking for a new place and got permission on this one finally). did jump 2 while scouting. not sure if buck or doe. also heard several shots this morning. too bad I was working. Hopefully things will slow for me in a week or so. then it will be time to turn up the heat.

goatranch
October 18th, 2009, 04:36 PM
No good sights this weekend either. Boy things better pickup or else.

AR_Headhunter
October 18th, 2009, 09:14 PM
10/14 saw 2 fawns but didn't take a shot at 5PM
10/15 saw a 4 point 9:30 AM

10/17 saw 2 does out of range right at sunset

bigdoglanyards
October 19th, 2009, 08:57 AM
10/17: 8am butten buck fed around my stand for 20 minutes
8:30am 8 point passed by at about 60 yards in thick cover
6:30 pm had 5 big fat does around my stand for about 5 minutes, one finaly came clear of the group but busted me when I started to draw... AM encounters were in my lower stand (creek bottems) and PM encounters in upper stand (open field bottle neck)

10/18: AM hunt, lower stand, nota...
PM hunt, lower stand, 6:45, small buck down... (needed the meat)!

fishmannyj
October 19th, 2009, 10:12 PM
Back from muzzleloader camp with the fam! Saw 37 does and 4 bucks and one very large black bear! Didnt want to take a doe with my muzzleloader and the bucks were all smaller! The black bear appeared while looking for a doe my 8 year old nephew shot at and didnt stick around! It was only 200 yds from camp! Will go back up to camp this weekend and try to find a good shooter or the bear!

befus
October 21st, 2009, 12:53 PM
Rotten all around where I have been in Hempstead County.

10/17 a.m. nothing in a great place.
p.m. ditto
10/18 a.m. nothing
p.m. one doe a long way of
10/19 a.m. nothing

The other guys are seeing limited action in ythe morning. One guy on a long lane with a feeder is seeing lots of deer and the rest of us are suffering. He has a nice buck down.

BPShunter
October 21st, 2009, 01:16 PM
Saw 11 this morning. 1 nice chocolate horned 15" 8 pointer at 20 yards. Passed him. Couldn't tag out on bucks with one that was not that much better than my 1st.

BPShunter

My brother took care of the Chocolate horned buck Saturday.

http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k176/BPSHunter/SU1HMDAwODcuanBn.jpg

BPShunter

jna329
October 21st, 2009, 05:50 PM
nice buck. congrats. good to see he has been rubbing. that should mean things will pick up in the next couple of weeks.

goatranch
October 22nd, 2009, 09:09 AM
I am NOT glad others are having limited deer sights but it helps me know I'm no the only one and it seems to be almost everywhere in the state.

Keep on it guys. Hunt harder.

tmkilburn
October 22nd, 2009, 09:20 PM
10/22 Doe and a yearling 12:00 noon.

fishmannyj
October 22nd, 2009, 10:56 PM
10/22 6:20pm 5 does 50yds. Saw no bucks today.

goatranch
October 23rd, 2009, 10:16 AM
FINALLY! Had a dink buck come by at 25 yards. Also had a nice 6 pt. come right up behind me sitting on the ground. He came right up to my right shoulder close enough I could hear him smelling for me. No shots.

ARBowHuntr
October 23rd, 2009, 04:22 PM
10/22 pm - One doe, came in from behind my stand to about 15 yards from the tree. Never had a shot.

BPShunter
October 23rd, 2009, 08:35 PM
Nothing! Climbed into my stand this morning without my release. Didn't see why I should stay very long, so i got down and put out some ricebran. Also made a couple of mock scrapes and put out a dripper. hopefully a big boy will come by and check it out soon. Gonna make next weekend a 5 day weekend:thumbs_up.

BPShunter

goatranch
October 26th, 2009, 09:37 AM
I hunted from my DB blind Friday afternoon. No deer but 11 turkeys came in and spent about 25 minutes within 30 yards of my blind. Cool to watch...too bad I could not shoot one.

befus
October 26th, 2009, 12:37 PM
VERY bad season continues unabated with success, even marginal ones.
10-24 a.m. nothing
p.m. nothing
10-25 a.m. nothing

Getting close to 50 hours in a stand now with only two deer seen total.

Bummer.

:BangHead: :mg: :dontknow: :sad: :BangHead:

goatranch
October 26th, 2009, 12:47 PM
I'll have to say that I am leaning towards what another posted said about the ice storm providing more browse along with acorns...too much food. Deer are not having to travel far yet to eat. I am only seeing game in the afternoons close to dark.

Plus in my area they cut the right of ways under power lines which has provided even MORE browse for them. Have caught many deer feeding in them.

fishmannyj
October 26th, 2009, 04:29 PM
Lots of sighting being reported around here. I think the time is getting closer!? As for myself havent seen a shooter buck yet!

AR_Headhunter
October 26th, 2009, 08:00 PM
I have been seeing tons of movement. Killed a little 1 last week just to put meat in the freezer. 13 yards shot facing me so I put it down for the count where it stood.
http://i241.photobucket.com/albums/ff237/arkansas_pig_bowhunter/Jacksdeerfor2009002.jpg

jna329
October 26th, 2009, 11:29 PM
thats great. no tracking involved. good job.

fishmannyj
October 27th, 2009, 09:28 AM
Saw 2 nice bucks out in the rain after dropping my daughter off at school this morning 7:45 am! Was driving backroads home and the were out in fields on private posted land :sad: Needs to quite raining so I can get out on stand!

AR_Headhunter
October 27th, 2009, 08:22 PM
saw 11 deer tonight including 2 bucks, 1, 4 point & 1 125'ish 8 point. Let 8 of them walk & 3 were out of range.

jna329
October 27th, 2009, 08:41 PM
been busy - not getting to hunt but got a call tonite-a buddy has been seeing lotsa does on his place. very few bucks and he took a big doe this afternoon. 12 yds. feeding in open field. cant wait to get out there. things finally slowing down for me so maybe this weekend.

AR_Headhunter
October 27th, 2009, 08:46 PM
been busy - not getting to hunt but got a call tonite-a buddy has been seeing lotsa does on his place. very few bucks and he took a big doe this afternoon. 12 yds. feeding in open field. cant wait to get out there. things finally slowing down for me so maybe this weekend.

Good luck buddy! they should be moving heavy at dusk this weekend.

fishmannyj
October 28th, 2009, 02:59 PM
Saw a 9 point this morning so put a drain hole in him and while looking for him jumped a bigger 10 coming up the 9s same trail! Maybe shuda let the 9 walk....? Naa!!!! :D

whitewolf1
October 28th, 2009, 04:02 PM
Pics?????

fishmannyj
October 28th, 2009, 04:08 PM
Sry post on the Arkansas harvest page and wont let me double post them?

jna329
October 28th, 2009, 11:06 PM
congrats on nice buck fishman! i sat all afternoon in a blind with nothing but squirrels to see. maybe next time.

bigdoglanyards
October 29th, 2009, 08:37 AM
Hunted my lower stand last evening. Saw one very small doe about 5:45... First time back on stand in over a week, hope to be able to hunt the next 4 days.

AR_Headhunter
October 29th, 2009, 09:46 AM
Saw a doe out in my pasture at 7:15 this morning.

goatranch
October 29th, 2009, 10:18 AM
Man I'm seeing deer everywhere last night and this morning. Saw a good 8 pt. cross the road last night and a bunch of does this morning everywhere. Really heating up. Gonna have to get my work done today and head out this afternoon rain or not.

whitewolf1
October 29th, 2009, 03:31 PM
You can skip the "or not". This is Arkansas otherwise known as Seattle east. I am supposed to be headed to camp in a couple of hours but with 90% chance of rain and forecast of up to 6 inches tonight and tomorrow, I'm going to work instead and try to get a hunt in this weekend.

befus
October 29th, 2009, 08:48 PM
You can skip the "or not". This is Arkansas otherwise known as Seattle east. I am supposed to be headed to camp in a couple of hours but with 90% chance of rain and forecast of up to 6 inches tonight and tomorrow, I'm going to work instead and try to get a hunt in this weekend.

Ain't that the truth. My buddy's dad emailed him that Nashville (we hunt just East of there) has now had in excess of 20 inches THIS MONTH! :mg: They average right at 40 inches a year in a normal year and had over 16 inches in July. Very odd and it really has affected movement down there.

goatranch
October 30th, 2009, 10:05 AM
Took off yesterday to sit in blind at 4:00PM. Very light rain turned into monsoon by dark. I am so over this 'F'ing rain! Oh well.

jna329
October 31st, 2009, 05:06 PM
hung a new stand around noon. a buddy killed a nice mature 9pt this morning just around bend from where i put new stand. he seen 6 deer this morning 4 were bucks 1 doe and 1 not sure. the 9 and a small forked horn came in the rattle and calling. killed nine at 11 yds. out of ground blind. would post pics but cant seem to get them off my phone. seen a bigger deer dogging the doe. gonna try my new set in morning.

bigdoglanyards
October 31st, 2009, 06:26 PM
Hunted from daylight until around 2 this afternoon. Saw 2 doe's at 12:45... Thats it!

fishmannyj
October 31st, 2009, 06:50 PM
hung a new stand around noon. a buddy killed a nice mature 9pt this morning just around bend from where i put new stand. he seen 6 deer this morning 4 were bucks 1 doe and 1 not sure. the 9 and a small forked horn came in the rattle and calling. killed nine at 11 yds. out of ground blind. would post pics but cant seem to get them off my phone. seen a bigger deer dogging the doe. gonna try my new set in morning.

Luck to Ya in mornin! I text pics from my phone to my email address to putr on here and havent had to resize of anything yet.

AR_Headhunter
October 31st, 2009, 08:13 PM
Saw 3 this evening about sunset. 10/31

jna329
November 1st, 2009, 09:08 PM
sat in new set. no luck. 5:30-noon. 0 deer.

bigdoglanyards
November 1st, 2009, 10:15 PM
Hunted this evening for about 3hrs. Nota...

whitewolf1
November 2nd, 2009, 09:32 AM
saw 7 does this weekend from the stand. nothing died.

fishmannyj
November 2nd, 2009, 10:25 AM
Nothing seen from my stand this morning. Maybe tomorrow?

ARBowHuntr
November 2nd, 2009, 10:54 AM
11/01/09 P.M. - Took an afternoon away from hunting to do some scouting. Broke out the spotting scope and glassed some fields just before dark. Saw 7 does, one fork horn and a pretty nice 7-pointer. Neither of the bucks were dogging the does yet, but they also wouldn't let them get too far out of their sight either. Won't be too long now before we start seeing some serious rutting activity.

goatranch
November 2nd, 2009, 12:22 PM
Had a non legal buck come in last night after dark. I could see him skirting the ridge line. Could hardly make out his thin antennae like horns.I'll be glad when we get back to cooler temps and all day activity.

Oh boy...warm and dry again!

BPShunter
November 2nd, 2009, 08:49 PM
Sunday evening, I hunted some new territory. I planned on taking the first mature doe I saw. Guess what. I only saw bucks and 1 very small doe. Saw a 7 pt, 3 different spikes, and had a decent 8 pointer at 25 steps for most of the afternoon. 1 of the spikes was missing a front leg.

BPShunter

goatranch
November 3rd, 2009, 09:35 AM
I have finally figured out a buck that I am going to hunt and kill. Every year for the longest time rubs appear at this same place first before any other rubs I see any where. I have figured out where he is coming from and where he is going. I almost caught a glimpse of him the other night well after dark but only saw his tail end as he high tailed it back into cover. He MINE!!

fishmannyj
November 3rd, 2009, 10:48 AM
Went to Chaffee this mornin saw 2 does 7:15 at 60 yds. Buddy was couple hundred yds away on other side of a swampy field saw 5 does 7:45 no bucks today!

befus
November 3rd, 2009, 01:20 PM
Finally getting to see deer, but no shots yet.

10/31
a.m. Deep in a creek bottom; two does, one young buck following a trail with his nose down, one shooter following the same trail, nose up, and veering off the trail to rub a four inch cedar. About forty yards across a creek through some trash. Was afraid to cross and put up a climber as it would nearly be on the trail and I worried the big boy would pick me up. Will back out, stay out, and hunt with a gun in two weeks. Sorry to all you bow only boys, but no more deer than I have seen I am not going to risk flushing this boy out of his core area.
p.m. Trail to field, nothing, six does and a buck in the filed (not ours).

11/01
a.m. Oak grove; three does feeding along, something spooked them at about 45 yards (not me) and they left. Put up a cam later and saw three more near there in the early afternoon.

jna329
November 3rd, 2009, 09:08 PM
today - got a chance for afternoon hunt. two hunters - 0 deer. lotta noise from neighboring place.

bigdoglanyards
November 3rd, 2009, 09:41 PM
Saw a big doe and 2 fawns tonight at about 5:40. Warm temps suck but are dropping quickly in the evenings...

shakedown
November 3rd, 2009, 09:45 PM
what up guys, SW AR hunter here... will post when i have info. i havent been in the woods since sunday pm... small bucks chasing, working scrapes, etc. i am pretty new on AT and just saw the AR thread...

AR_Headhunter
November 4th, 2009, 08:56 AM
Saw 6 this morning right after daylight. 11/04

befus
November 4th, 2009, 09:19 AM
what up guys, SW AR hunter here... will post when i have info. i havent been in the woods since sunday pm... small bucks chasing, working scrapes, etc. i am pretty new on AT and just saw the AR thread...

Welcome, looking forward to the reports.

goatranch
November 4th, 2009, 10:28 AM
Going to be 38 here tonight. I think I will pick a tree in a new known doe bedding area/buck spot and get in there tomorrow AM before light and kill him. Lots of new rubs in there and always does. Will report later tomorrow.

fishmannyj
November 4th, 2009, 11:46 AM
One doe cruised tru around 7:45 100 yds. No buck in tow :( May get one more hunt in b4 I get out and get ready for my daughters youth hunt.

shakedown
November 4th, 2009, 03:17 PM
hope the temp starts droping, i am hunting thurs and friday pm and the rest of the weekend... and i hate the hot!

AR_Headhunter
November 4th, 2009, 08:34 PM
11/04 evening hunt. Saw 5, 3 does & 2 nice bucks. Bucks were running together which was odd. 1 very nice one. High racked & heavy but only 15-16 wide.

bigdoglanyards
November 4th, 2009, 09:13 PM
11/4 evening hunt... saw 3, 1 doe and 2 fawns

swampboss
November 4th, 2009, 09:26 PM
11/04 evening hunt. Saw 5, 3 does & 2 nice bucks. Bucks were running together which was odd. 1 very nice one. High racked & heavy but only 15-16 wide.

I have seen as many as 3 bucks together this time of year. They were all trailing a doe. Not this year though.

Hunted this eve. saw only one doe. we need more cold temps for the evenings to be good.

AR_Headhunter
November 5th, 2009, 09:10 PM
11/05 Saw a little doe about noon while scouting that had been wounded. 4:30 PM I saw a little 4 point at my new stand location.

fishmannyj
November 5th, 2009, 09:39 PM
Took my daughter out scouting some fields saw 7 doe 1 buck. The buck was young, narrow but very tall 8. Hope to get her on a good one Sat. morn :) !

shakedown
November 6th, 2009, 09:48 AM
i didnt get to hunt yesterday pm, i got stuck in little rock in meetings but on my way back i saw many deer, all does... they were everywhere.

goatranch
November 6th, 2009, 09:53 AM
I am definitely hitting it this afternoon after work. Its warm but will get out there around 3:00 I hope till dark.

bigdoglanyards
November 6th, 2009, 07:48 PM
Hunted this evening from about 2:30 till dark. Watched a buck run a doe down the creek bottem behind my stand (around 5:15). She headed up the hill at a dead run and he followed about 40 yards behind her with his nose to the ground! I stopped him with a grunt but only for about 5 sec., he was about 60 yards when he stopped. Never did get a good look at him but from what I could tell he was not very big. Its on!

fishmannyj
November 6th, 2009, 09:34 PM
Scouted for the youth hunt tomorrow and saw two small forked horns running with thier nose to the ground and two does! Land owner said he has been seeing a giant when me and my daughter asked for permission! Said he has been out three mornings this week in his field usually with some does. We going to head out early in the morn and set in a pop up blind on the edge of the field and get ready. Hope I get to post a pic tomorrow!

swampboss
November 7th, 2009, 01:49 PM
Saw 6 today, one nice 8pt chasing does, no shot. The rut is on here in the SW part of the state.

fishmannyj
November 7th, 2009, 02:06 PM
6 does one broken forked horn buck this mornin. Daughter said she wanted something bigger and let them walk. She has basketball game tonight so be back out in the morning!

AR_Headhunter
November 7th, 2009, 04:09 PM
11/06 morning & evening & 11/07 morning no sightings. This warm weather has really slowed down activity here.

AR_Headhunter
November 7th, 2009, 07:37 PM
11/07 evening passed on a little doe right after sunset.

fishmannyj
November 7th, 2009, 09:41 PM
11/07 went and set on daughters field. No sighting!

shakedown
November 7th, 2009, 10:49 PM
I hunted yesterday and today, am and pm. Saw the same deer over and over... 2 doe and 2 spikes. SUCKS. Ready for some activity!!!

bigdoglanyards
November 8th, 2009, 10:11 AM
At about 8am I finaly got to see my big 7 point that I have tons of pre-season trail cam pics of!!! This buck has a huge body and has developed a ton of mass. He skirted ma at about 60 yards and did not respond to a grunt or a snort wheez.... He is the only deer I have seen so far today. I am trying to decide if I should try to stick it out here for the rest of the day or get out and come back around noon and hunt till dark? I know it is going to get pretty warm here before too long, and I was not planning on staying. I was thinking about getting out and comming back later to another stand that is by a creek bottem a few hundred yards from here. It's a lot cooler down there and the wind is quickly shifting out of the wrong direction here...

bigdoglanyards
November 8th, 2009, 11:54 AM
9am had another good buck come by on the same path as the big 7 but going the other direction! Shortly after that the wind shifted and was blowing out of the south, bad for that stand. So I came home to get something to eat. I am going to go back out in a few hours and hit that lower stand. Good luck to all, its time to be in the woods as much as possible!

AR_Headhunter
November 8th, 2009, 12:13 PM
11/08 saw 1 doe wandering through this morning.

knighten
November 8th, 2009, 05:15 PM
11/8 morning,got winded by nice buck at 9am,10am lowering my bow to go do some scouting 2 doe come right in ,managed to pull bow up nock arrow and let one fly at 25 yards hit a stupid limb,shot over does back:dontknow:1st time hunting this area ,cant wait till next weekend.

AR_Headhunter
November 8th, 2009, 07:47 PM
11/08 evening nothing seen

bigdoglanyards
November 8th, 2009, 07:49 PM
Back out tonight, hunted lower stand. Nota....

goatranch
November 9th, 2009, 09:39 AM
Hunted Sunday afternoon till dark. Nothing. BUT coming out of the woods seen a real nice 6 pt. chasing a doe and seen him again this morning.

shakedown
November 9th, 2009, 10:01 AM
hunted sunday pm, nothing. i have hunted two different places over the weekend with very little movement. dang it boy!

AR_Headhunter
November 9th, 2009, 12:31 PM
11/09 saw 2 does on the AM hunt.

goatranch
November 9th, 2009, 12:35 PM
I'm gonna kill that 6 pt. I've about got him figured out. I believe I have seen him about 4 times now within a mile area hes working. Not positive but sure looks the same. I almost got him on 2nd ML season.

Hes working 2 different doe beds that I know of and so far only running rubs on one at the present. He working right at dusk & first light. Saturday he will fall to the mighty Winchester.

befus
November 9th, 2009, 12:37 PM
Same ole, same ole here.
Sat. 7th a.m. nothing (ditto friend on long lane) p.m. button buck
Sun. a.m. nothing again (friend saw two does)

Location is everything. Friend took grandson out on youth hunt and the lad shot a spike on Saturday and a 120 buck on Sunday morning (400 yards on both!) while I was out seeing squat about five miles away.

BPShunter
November 9th, 2009, 05:03 PM
Saturday afternoon. 5 legal bucks. No shooters. Video of 2 bigger bucks below.

BPShunter

http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k176/BPSHunter/th_MOV00341.jpg (http://s88.photobucket.com/albums/k176/BPSHunter/?action=view&current=MOV00341.flv)

http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k176/BPSHunter/th_MOV00342_FIX.jpg (http://s88.photobucket.com/albums/k176/BPSHunter/?action=view&current=MOV00342_FIX.flv)

jna329
November 9th, 2009, 07:30 PM
Sat.- youth hunt morning=0 sightings. 1 6pt. on side of road edge of town on way home for lunch. evening-no hunt.
Sun. - youth hunt morning. seen 2 doe 1 buck before daylight on way to hunting area. no deer during sit. evening saw 3 at dark. too dark to shoot by the time they got close enough.
today- evening=1 yearling doe about 430 daughter talked me out of shooting her in hopes for a bigger deer.(she wants to see some horns i think)

bigdoglanyards
November 9th, 2009, 09:49 PM
Hunted this evening from 3 till dark. Saw 4 big does, 1 fawn and 2 bucks. One of the bucks was a good 6 and I did not get a good look at the other.

fishmannyj
November 9th, 2009, 10:35 PM
Hunted area 7b on Fort Chaffee this evening! Today first and one of the few days going to be open. Saw 30 trucks parked on a little over 40 acres! Found a gap well between some hunters and walked in and hunted from a aground blind on a hilly oak opening between a swamp and a thicket. Two bucks trotted by at 5:30 and 5:32. I believe they were spooked from the swamp? They passed by at 40 yds but to thick for a shot! They both looked like nice shooters,1st really wide and thick horned, 2nd fairly wide with very tall and dark horns! That area closed till 15th so back to area 6b in the morn!

AR_Headhunter
November 10th, 2009, 06:14 AM
I saw 5 yesterday evening 11/09. My little brother took his best bow buck to date just after 3PM. It was chasing a smaller buck away from a doe & responded to the grunt call. He shot him at 15 yards & watched him fall from the tree. He is sending pictures later today & I'll post one after I get the e-mail. Gone hunting for now.

AR_Headhunter
November 10th, 2009, 11:41 AM
11/10 AM hunt. Saw 1 right at daybreak. Still to dark to see if it's a buck or doe.

AR_Headhunter
November 10th, 2009, 09:40 PM
Here is a buck I sent my little brother up on. He took him yesterday just after 3PM. The date on his camera is off but thats all good. It's his best bow kill & he is a happy camper.
http://i241.photobucket.com/albums/ff237/arkansas_pig_bowhunter/100_1045.jpg
http://i241.photobucket.com/albums/ff237/arkansas_pig_bowhunter/100_1046.jpg

befus
November 11th, 2009, 08:58 AM
Here is a buck I sent my little brother up on. He took him yesterday just after 3PM. The date on his camera is off but thats all good. It's his best bow kill & he is a happy camper.
http://i241.photobucket.com/albums/ff237/arkansas_pig_bowhunter/100_1045.jpg
http://i241.photobucket.com/albums/ff237/arkansas_pig_bowhunter/100_1046.jpg

:confused2:

jna329
November 11th, 2009, 11:36 AM
tell him congrats. thats a nice buck.

fishmannyj
November 11th, 2009, 08:05 PM
Yep a nice one! Glad to see some success out there!

bigdoglanyards
November 11th, 2009, 08:34 PM
hunted this evening- nota

AR_Headhunter
November 11th, 2009, 08:39 PM
Well daylight til dark. Passed a small 8 at 1:15 PM. Saw 2 total & had 1 grunting at me right after that but he never did come out so I could see him.

jna329
November 12th, 2009, 03:15 PM
Well daylight til dark. Passed a small 8 at 1:15 PM. Saw 2 total & had 1 grunting at me right after that but he never did come out so I could see him.

keep after 'em! persistence will pay off.

AR_Headhunter
November 12th, 2009, 07:57 PM
11/12 all day sit but saw nothing.

fishmannyj
November 12th, 2009, 08:37 PM
Nothing but fog this morning then worked till dark! Gonna try in the morning then head to camp with Dad and uncles. Have a good weekend i be back on Monday! :smile:

bigdoglanyards
November 13th, 2009, 08:20 PM
Hunted today from about 1:30 till dark, saw the same doe and 2 fawns I have been seeing for the past several weeks. Did check my trail cam today and got pics of a new buck!

AR_Headhunter
November 13th, 2009, 08:26 PM
11/13 saw 1 doe just after sunset.

alienshooter
November 13th, 2009, 08:29 PM
Saw a forked horn buck at 7:05 on area 7 Ft Chaffee. Not much deer sign (1 small scape and one rub). Other areas that are not open yet have seen plenty more scrapes and rubs. As many people as were out there somone should have connected with one!? GL all!

?you haven't seen much at chaffee? WOW!!!!
i saw 32 bucks 8 pnt+ last year... 23 during last week of OCT through the 2nd week of Nov.

great deer there.
btw i am from alma.

iraq this year can't hunt it.

bigdoglanyards
November 13th, 2009, 08:41 PM
Here are a few more of that same deer...

http://www.archerytalk.com/vb/showthread.php?t=1063237

bigdoglanyards
November 16th, 2009, 07:38 PM
11/14 doe and 2 fawns... 11/15 nota... 11/16 hunted from 2 till dark, 1 fawn, 1 doe and a spike...

fishmannyj
November 16th, 2009, 09:23 PM
11-16 Saw 3 small bucks together a spike 3pt and small 8pt. Hunting some private land outside town. Walked within 10 ft of the spike and the other 2 stood up beside the trail. Still bedded out of the wind till I walked up on them! Didnt tear out off there just run off few yards and watched me. Gonna take my daughter out there tomorrow and see if she will take the 8! Dad and brother both got bucks at gun camp this weekend! Dad took 18 inch wide 7 pt and brother took the 8 pt I let walk during muzzleloader. I will get pics posted of them on Harvest page!

jna329
November 16th, 2009, 11:34 PM
today- afternoon hunt . 5 seen -1 buck(not sure of size), 1 short spike, 3 doe.

goatranch
November 18th, 2009, 10:19 AM
On the way to work this morning I saw what I thought was 2 does chasing a BUCK! Maybe the rut is changing the way deer breed!

jna329
November 18th, 2009, 12:34 PM
On the way to work this morning I saw what I thought was 2 does chasing a BUCK! Maybe the rut is changing the way deer breed!

I have seen this one time. I watched a young buck (apparently love sick) just kept after a doe until she had enough and started kicking the crap out of him. She would chase him around and kick and charge him. He finally left her alone.
I watched that in 06 or 07. Made for a good show. Sitting in stand you can definitely see some strange things.

bigdoglanyards
November 18th, 2009, 08:00 PM
11/18 Hunted 3 till dark. Saw 5 does, 3 fawns and no bucks!

goatranch
November 19th, 2009, 09:14 AM
Man the bucks were running all over my place last night. As I was driving home from work they were going nuts.

BeauAR
November 19th, 2009, 11:09 AM
Nov 19:
Saw two does at 6:55am this morning. Dropped one with the .223 and the other jetted. Noticed a fresh scrape on the way out.

goatranch
November 19th, 2009, 11:12 AM
Nov 19:
Saw two does at 6:55am this morning. Dropped one with the .223 and the other jetted. Noticed a fresh scrape on the way out.

How did you legally shoot a doe with a firearm this morning????Sorry to ask but are you on a management area or doe permit???

fishmannyj
November 19th, 2009, 11:37 AM
11-19 4 hr set on Chaffee...not a single deer sighted!? Closed tomorrow and the weekend for the gun permit hunt! Should be some nice ones killed since many areas havent been open all year! I didnt draw anything this year but my little brother drew first day gun hunt for Saturday..hope he gets a good one!

HuntnHog
November 19th, 2009, 12:45 PM
How did you legally shoot a doe with a firearm this morning????Sorry to ask but are you on a management area or doe permit???

There are several zones that it's legal to take a doe the entire season. I hunt zone 12 down south and it's like that. The modern gun season lasts longer down there also.

goatranch
November 20th, 2009, 09:13 AM
There are several zones that it's legal to take a doe the entire season. I hunt zone 12 down south and it's like that. The modern gun season lasts longer down there also.

Got ya. Congrats on the meat!

goatranch
November 20th, 2009, 09:14 AM
Took off yesterday at 2:00PM. Hunted till dark. Back to the dead zone. Caught one small doe sneaking to bed below me. No buck following her.

AR_Headhunter
November 20th, 2009, 09:36 AM
Been seeing a lot of movement. They seem to start about 3:30 PM & move to dark here.

goatranch
November 20th, 2009, 09:50 AM
Yeah. I think mornings are still crap for me. Good...I like to sleep in.

bigdoglanyards
November 21st, 2009, 10:23 PM
Hunted this afternoon, killed a buck around 4:15 was the only deer I saw. He was a main frame 8 with one side broke off, we will call him a 5!

shakedown
November 23rd, 2009, 02:48 PM

dont know about the other guy, but my place has unrestricted tags, you can take a doe with modern gun anytime. the AGFC has to come out and do a survey and if they determine the buck/doe ratio is out of wack they will give them to you. we also have a bunch of other doe tags. it has been a huge help on the size of our deer.

BeauAR
November 24th, 2009, 12:15 AM

Goatranch, what's the problem with me shooting a doe?

goatranch
November 24th, 2009, 10:36 AM
Goatranch, what's the problem with me shooting a doe?

No problem I just didn't understand your area regulations. Where I am you can only shoot a doe with a firearm during a gun season the first two days OR if you have a special doe permit. No hate or anything intended. I shoot plenty of does.

goatranch
November 24th, 2009, 10:37 AM
I saw a real hog last night. Coming home after dark I saw a big 8 pt. strutting around on our county road. He was a real big one. I suspect he is the one I have been seeing much sign but no actual sightings. Great rack and great body!!

shakedown
November 24th, 2009, 12:34 PM
i have been in Kansas hunting for the last 10 days... while i was gone everyone around here said it was very slow, that surprised me. what is everyones take on the rut? i havent hunted in AR since Nov 9th or 10th and it was slow then...

goatranch
November 24th, 2009, 01:38 PM
My take is the rut is hot and heavy in Arkansas right now! Best time to be out.

fishmannyj
November 24th, 2009, 02:40 PM
Had 9 does come out within 60 yds last evening! Whatched till dark hoping a buck wud investigate but none showed. This morning saw 1 doe in the same place by herself. Will go set there again this evening only action I have had in weeks!

jna329
November 24th, 2009, 02:59 PM
I am going to say that in my area the rut is on the down hill side. Still some checking but the first round is all but over. Either that or they are locked down right now. Just not seeing as much activity as the last couple weeks. IMO.

soonerman001
November 24th, 2009, 09:39 PM
i didnt see anything tonight in the Herber Springs area I think that they are locked down right now or its over ???????

BeauAR
November 24th, 2009, 10:05 PM
No problem I just didn't understand your area regulations. Where I am you can only shoot a doe with a firearm during a gun season the first two days OR if you have a special doe permit. No hate or anything intended. I shoot plenty of does.

Yeah, I hunt in Zone 12. It's a fairly large zone and we can shoot does all season. What zone are you in?

goatranch
November 25th, 2009, 09:04 AM
Yeah, I hunt in Zone 12. It's a fairly large zone and we can shoot does all season. What zone are you in?

I'm zone 2. 2 bucks or 4 does, only 2 bucks with firearm. The recently moved the boundaries...last year I was zone 1.

bigdoglanyards
November 26th, 2009, 07:55 PM
11/26 Hunted today from 2 till dark. Saw 5 does. 3 at about 2:30 and 2 at about 5:15.

knighten
November 27th, 2009, 08:56 PM
11/27 hunted morning zone 5 NEA,saw 3 does at 9:15 watched them for 30 minutes no buck came in ,my buddy saw a doe at 7:30 dogs ran it off.

jna329
November 27th, 2009, 09:37 PM
Went scouting new property today. Lots of sign. good scrapes, rubs, and best of all actual deer. Spent about 3 hours scouting this 75 acres. tryed to cover it all as best as possible. hung a new stand and hope this place produces.

Seen 1 buck early in the scouting. then 4 doe. then 3 more couldnt see anything but flags. All 8 during scouting. Not too bad for new unknown property that is and will be BOW only. Then I saw 1 nice young 8 pt. on side of road on way home at about 7:15. Be a nice deer in a yr or 2.

soonerman001
December 1st, 2009, 10:07 PM
12-1-09 seen one spike at 4:00 pm and 2 doe's at last light

bigdoglanyards
December 4th, 2009, 07:09 PM
Have not had a chance to hunt this week because of work :sad: Should be able to get on stand this weekend! I did get a chance to run up and pull the card out of my trail cams. Had quite a few pics of bucks, still all at night though :confused: Hope to see some during daylight soon! Also looking forward to gun season ending so that I can take a doe... Good luck all this weekend! Be careful and hunt safe!

bigdoglanyards
December 5th, 2009, 08:16 PM
Hunted this afternoon and did not see a thing...

swampboss
December 5th, 2009, 10:14 PM
Hunted this afternoon and did not see a thing...

They are moving in the mornings here in zone 12 saw 11 does and one spike chasing. Waiting on the big ones.

fishmannyj
December 6th, 2009, 10:33 PM
Last day of gun season seen 6 does this morning and 15 does this evening no Bucks! Job interview tomorrow and duaghters back surgery Tuesday! Done hunting for a few weeks till she is back on her feet!

jna329
December 10th, 2009, 10:42 PM
Wed. Dec. 9- absolutely cooooolllllldddd. settled into stand at 2. One young buck just before I lost shooting light. He was legal but not what I was after. I dont remember ever being that miserable in a stand and staying put. The wind was horrible and cold.

fishmannyj
December 19th, 2009, 12:44 PM
Went out for a few hours this morning! Saw 8 does and 2 bucks 1 buck with one horn and a decent 10 pt all running together. 10pt never offered a shot so will try again tomorow!

bigdoglanyards
December 19th, 2009, 02:13 PM
Hunted most of the morning without seeing a thing. Getting ready to head back out for the remainder of the day. Will be hunting a diff. location! Luck to all!

AR_Headhunter
January 2nd, 2010, 03:10 PM
Guys the deer are moving all day now. If you have any tags to fill now is the time!

bigdoglanyards
January 2nd, 2010, 07:49 PM
I hunted today from about 2 on.... did not see a thing?

fishmannyj
January 2nd, 2010, 08:21 PM
Three hours this evening....no sightings! Hunting Chaffee.

ArHogFan09
January 4th, 2010, 09:48 AM
Hunted Chaffee on the 1st and saw a young doe right before dark, never could get a shot. Hunted yesterday afternoon and did not see anything. Had 3 does crossing the road infront of me on the way out.

fishmannyj
January 5th, 2010, 08:24 PM
Saw 6 does walking into my stand area...no luck on deer....but 3 possums in the last 4 days have met my rage! Maybe tomorrow!?

jna329
January 5th, 2010, 10:33 PM
Have seen an absurd number of does over the last few days. Most of them feeding in open fields or open timber. Not seeing bucks at all. I trailriding on my dirtbike every year on new years day. This year,on the way to ride, while riding, and on way home I saw groups of does from 10 am til dark. When home my total was 42 does and no bucks. That is just crazy. Had a buddy tell me he saw 18 does and 1 little buck yesterday. He took out one of the does. Got to get these numbers in check. Still waiting on the big one and still have a doe tag so late season is looking ok still.

fishmannyj
January 12th, 2010, 09:47 AM
Didnt make it long on stand this morning..18 degrees! Will try this evening when it is a little warmer.

talon1961
January 12th, 2010, 10:43 PM
I say several deer this morning on my bus route. This afternoon I saw 4 doe cross the highway with a decent buck not far behind. Weird for this time of year I think. A couple of local took nice bucks on Chaffee in the past few days. They said the deer are really starting to filter back to their normal haunts after the military training has slowed down. We'll see this weekend!

fishmannyj
January 13th, 2010, 03:44 PM
Sorry Talon today is the last day most ares are open on Chaffee! I gonna give 8 one last go for the season this evening. 3,4,6b and 7 will be open this weekend. Deer have been moving well recently, hope they are on the remaining open areas!

talon1961
January 13th, 2010, 07:51 PM
I guess I'll just have to try Blue Mountain WDA this weekend. Oh well, just my luck for Chaffee. I killed two on Chaffee this year and was hoping to tag out soon. May have to start crappie fishing instead.

fishmannyj
January 13th, 2010, 08:34 PM
Hunted till dark on area 8 on Chaffee. Had a doe at 45 yds till a dila spooked her....so I smoked the dilla! That was around 4:45 set till dark nothin ese came in. One more doe Talon and I will ready for some crapie also!

AR_Headhunter
January 14th, 2010, 07:00 PM
Saw a very nice buck feeding in a field at 5:15 this evening on the way home from work.

bigdoglanyards
February 6th, 2010, 09:11 PM
Hunted this afternoon. Had 4 does come in at about 5:30. They hung up at about 45 yards behind some thick junk. Never had a chance for a shot... Any one else still at it?

whitewolf1
February 8th, 2010, 10:01 AM
Season tally from the tree...

46 doe
37 bucks
16 yearlins
5 not sure's

killed 2 doe and a 1 buck

Fun year and really excited about next year.

fishmannyj
February 13th, 2010, 11:03 AM
Went and scouted 8a this morning on Chaffee. Saw one doe. Wed saw 2 nice antlered bucks from the highway near Darby Lake since the area was closed. Have heard of several with bone still on but saw plenty at end of December and early Jan with one horn or completly shed. Gonna set tomorrow and try fora young doe for the freezer b4 I put my broadheads away for the season.