PDA

View Full Version : Fort Chaffee?

HuntnHog
October 8th, 2009, 12:58 PM
Anyone been on Chaffee? Are very many compartments open? Just curious if anyone has done any good out there yet. I may get a chance to go out there this weekend.

fishmannyj
October 8th, 2009, 05:58 PM
Not much moving out there!Only areas open are 7b,6,6a,6b,4,4a,3 and2. And it all closes but 2&3 Monday for rest of the month.

armurphy
October 8th, 2009, 11:12 PM
Seeing very few! Early and late. Waiting for the cooler weather!

HuntnHog
October 9th, 2009, 09:49 AM
Thanks for the update guys. I may have a chance to go Sunday evening.

fishmannyj
October 9th, 2009, 11:00 AM
I wuould suggest 6d and 6e they will be open Sat and Sunday only. They havent been pressured yet and have seen some decent bucks out there! I gotta work at. but will also try Sunday.

HuntnHog
October 9th, 2009, 04:16 PM
Good suggestion. I haven't hunted in either of those in a few years, but I've got a few spots in both of those areas that would be worth checking out. Thanks for the info.

fitz270
October 13th, 2009, 11:25 PM
I was wondering if any of you guys have seen anything yet, I have had a pretty good year so far on Chaffee. I seen 3 different bucks within 200 yrds of eachother. I jumped one beaded down a basketrack and walked up on a big8pt eating acorns while headed to my stand. He was within 30yrds of the tree I was headed to. It had just rained and I followed him for about 200yrds and pulled back on him 3 times and was never able to get a shot. He would turn and walk away or step behind some little oaks every time. He was a nice buck and that was at 3 in the after noon, but I finally lost him down in some thick stuff so I backed out and left him alone didn't want to spook him. Sunday got up and went to one of my old spots and took a little 8pt. Not bad for first deer of the year on chaffee.

RAZORBACK_GIRL
October 19th, 2009, 05:23 PM
I was wondering if any of you guys have seen anything yet, I have had a pretty good year so far on Chaffee. I seen 3 different bucks within 200 yrds of eachother. I jumped one beaded down a basketrack and walked up on a big8pt eating acorns while headed to my stand. He was within 30yrds of the tree I was headed to. It had just rained and I followed him for about 200yrds and pulled back on him 3 times and was never able to get a shot. He would turn and walk away or step behind some little oaks every time. He was a nice buck and that was at 3 in the after noon, but I finally lost him down in some thick stuff so I backed out and left him alone didn't want to spook him. Sunday got up and went to one of my old spots and took a little 8pt. Not bad for first deer of the year on chaffee.

Your now suppose to tell what area you are in and directions to your tree! :wink: