PDA

View Full Version : ? for FL boys

oldnewbie
October 10th, 2009, 10:21 AM
Have any of you had any luck in FL hunting from the ground(w/ blind or just brushing in)?I have a small area that has a good amount of ground cover but not alot of "usable" trees.Thanks in advance for replies.:thumbs_up

huntin' hard
October 10th, 2009, 05:05 PM
I have killed a few deer from the ground just by making natural blinds, but you have to make sure the wind is absolutely perfect and that you remember to put behind you as well as in front of you to conceal your movements. Good luck, and have fun!

buckmaster7777
October 20th, 2009, 11:05 AM
I have seen the wind effect Florida deer and not effect others!! Its all depending on the deer to be completely honost. Have you checked on a tree saddle? they come in extremely handy if you dont have alot of trees

Wishbone
October 21st, 2009, 12:30 PM
Have you tried a tripod ? I really like to get off the ground for deer.
Hogs not so much ,but deer here in FLA , yes.

http://www.summitstands.com/productdetail.aspx?id=82027

:thumbs_up

oldnewbie
October 21st, 2009, 05:33 PM
Hadn't even thought about a tri pod.That may be the ticket.It is a lot of really skinny pines,not as big around as your leg.Kind of gets scary w/ a climber.A few really weird shaped oaks,hard to even get a ladder stand in them.But a tri pod may just do ok.My bro-in- law has one I think i could borrow.Thanks for the help guys.