PDA

View Full Version : Babcock Ranch 10 point

FlCracker13
October 16th, 2009, 05:00 PM
I took this awsome 145 lb 10 point this mourning on the Babcock Ranch WMA in SW Florida. Sorry for the pictures a guy at the check station used my camera and said you took 2 but something went wrong. This guy came in between the rain storms and was chasing a yearling doe and I shot him @ 60 yards with my muzzloader. Great shot but no blood but I found him 60 yards away piled up. This buck has alot of charcter to him and has some oval shaped tines and a odd extra beam off of his base. Good luck to all.

QuickReflex
October 16th, 2009, 10:02 PM
Sweet, I like the kicker for 10 . Awsome deer.

sawtoothscream
October 16th, 2009, 10:04 PM
cool good job

getumspike
October 16th, 2009, 10:43 PM
Congrats on the nice deer. I was in there later in the day and will be back out in the morning. Hopefully I can be as succesfull as you were. 4 deer so far when I checked out at 8 oclock.

FlCracker13
October 17th, 2009, 01:50 PM
Thanks guys and Getumspike good luck and let me know how you do.

getumspike
October 17th, 2009, 10:11 PM
Thanks guys and Getumspike good luck and let me know how you do.

Thanks, no luck today, but will be at it again tomorrow. Me and my buddy both shot at a hog. It didn't act as if it had been shot, but we found a blood trail. Unfortunatly we couldn't track it down.

When we checked out tonight totals were still 4 deer, but 1 more hog had been shot. I will update you guys again tomorrow night.

getumspike
October 18th, 2009, 10:07 PM
My buddy (eorlando) shot a nice 4 point before noon. When we checked out an 8 point had been shot as well. I will add pics of the 4 point when I get a chance.

eorlando
October 19th, 2009, 05:03 PM
Thats a nice buck. Congrats... what was the inside spread on him? Are you getting him mounted? If so i know a good taxidermist let me know if you want his number.

eorlando
October 19th, 2009, 05:09 PM
Thats a nice buck! Congrats...what was the inside spread on him? Are you getting him mounted? If so I know a good taxidermist, let me know if you want his number.

FlCracker13
October 19th, 2009, 05:09 PM
PM Sent. Yes he is getting mounted and he was only 12-1/2" inside spread but was tall and has alot of mass. Good job on your buck and post some pictures. I love that place and will be back 2nd gun.Thanks

UpClose&Outdoor
October 19th, 2009, 05:30 PM
good buck man! Im also in central Florida!:thumbs_up

eldondd
October 26th, 2009, 07:33 PM
FlCracker13 - Very Nice Buck Congrats! My third year hunting, and was lucky enough to draw a Family Hunt at Babcock Ranch- My 14 yr old son and I will be scouting the East side of the WMA Friday, and hunting this weekend. Any advice or things to look for? Thank you Sir.