PDA

View Full Version : The gun hunters didnt hear me shoot....

GobGetrvideo
October 19th, 2009, 05:33 PM
Yesterday afternoon (Oct 18) I climbed on a ridge top that the acorns have just started falling in the last week or so. I got in the tree pretty early and already had does coming in by 3:15. In my area the young bucks have really started pushing does around these last few days and knew that I would have some good action but I wasnt expecting to see a mature deer just yet. The canopy from the underbrush is still real thick on this ridge and at about 4:00 I heard hard walking and glimpsed his rack walking left to right so i hooked up and got drawn all in one motion because I do not have many holes from this tree and he was about to walk through a wide open hole at 25 steps. When he got to the hole I was so focused on trying to decide if I was going to shoot him that he made it through my hole without me stopping him for the shot. After i saw he had pretty good mass, long tines, and was a mature deer i didnt have a shot. I stayed drawn and luckly he turned to me. He started eating acorns and was quartered to me at bout 17 steps but with the step angle I knew i could run it thru the top of his shoulder so thats what i did. He made it about 65 steps and the Grim Reaper logo still stands "Watchem Drop"!!!!!

Well....I was going to give yall a pic but it keeps telling me upload of file failed...any ideas?

8 pt 17+ wide 10+ G2's

05_sprcrw
October 19th, 2009, 05:37 PM
Congrats, I don't know much about file loading on here, I usually upload to my photobucket and then put them on here.

rimmer79
October 19th, 2009, 10:11 PM
I told me that all weekend, but I just got one up, so you may want to try again, Id love to see the pic.

jna329
October 19th, 2009, 10:32 PM
congrats. try editing the photo. just make it alittle smaller. I believe that AT has a size limit.

GobGetrvideo
October 20th, 2009, 11:27 AM
Yesterday afternoon (Oct 18) I climbed on a ridge top that the acorns have just started falling in the last week or so. I got in the tree pretty early and already had does coming in by 3:15. In my area the young bucks have really started pushing does around these last few days and knew that I would have some good action but I wasnt expecting to see a mature deer just yet. The canopy from the underbrush is still real thick on this ridge and at about 4:00 I heard hard walking and glimpsed his rack walking left to right so i hooked up and got drawn all in one motion because I do not have many holes from this tree and he was about to walk through a wide open hole at 25 steps. When he got to the hole I was so focused on trying to decide if I was going to shoot him that he made it through my hole without me stopping him for the shot. After i saw he had pretty good mass, long tines, and was a mature deer i didnt have a shot. I stayed drawn and luckly he turned to me. He started eating acorns and was quartered to me at bout 17 steps but with the step angle I knew i could run it thru the top of his shoulder so thats what i did. He made it about 65 steps and the Grim Reaper logo still stands "Watchem Drop"!!!!!

Well....I was going to give yall a pic but it keeps telling me upload of file failed...any ideas?

8 pt 17+ wide 10+ G2's[/QUOTE]

656107[QUOTE=GobGetrvideo;1055903005]

emerson
October 20th, 2009, 05:05 PM
Great deer

spicman
October 20th, 2009, 07:43 PM
nice!!!

bigdoglanyards
October 20th, 2009, 08:59 PM
Congrats !

befus
October 21st, 2009, 12:22 AM
Wow! Nice buck.

AR_Headhunter
October 27th, 2009, 08:18 AM
Very nice deer! Congrats buddy!

mjhogfan
October 27th, 2009, 06:48 PM
Awesome buck. Which part of the state? North, central, south??????

whitewolf1
October 27th, 2009, 07:23 PM
Good lookin deer right there. Congrats!!