PDA

View Full Version : N. White River NWR still closed!

Arrowhunter
October 22nd, 2009, 11:48 AM
Dude this sucks I love hunting the north unit of white river? River has been high all season almost 25 ft now gotta be 21 ft before it opens back up- don't know when that will be. Hurrican lake is also closed.

GobGetrvideo
October 22nd, 2009, 05:35 PM
Yelp and you know the private landowners on the edge of the Refuge will be killing some monsters this year. At least with Hurricane all of that flood zone B is closed so only the outlaws are hunting.

hunt4meat
October 23rd, 2009, 12:34 PM
I know of several gun hunters that are upset that the muzzleloader hunt was cancelled and they are also fretting tht the gun hunt will also be closed. At least there are other public spots to go locally though.

Arrowhunter
November 1st, 2009, 10:01 PM
Looks like the s. unit of white river is going to close now!!

swampboss
November 2nd, 2009, 11:06 AM
Could you hunt pigs when they close the season like this.?? There is no season on them, no license needed. Seems like this would be a good way to thin them down. I bet you could find them piled up on ridges or levees etc. The GWs might have a hard time believing you were only " hog hunting" though.

Arrowhunter
November 2nd, 2009, 03:16 PM
Yeah I bet that would be hard to prove, Yes officer I'm hog hunting! With my luck I have Arkansas state record come walking by!!