PDA

View Full Version : Another "Fee" for the greenies!!

BeachBow
October 22nd, 2009, 02:31 PM
"If the ban becomes law, it would be phased in over five years. At first, people would have to pay about a nickel each time they used a bag. Eventually, people would be charged 25 cents for each bag."
SOURCE: ABC News Miami, WPLG

Since Floridians use more than 5 billion bags each year, a grocery bag tax at 5 cents would cost Florida families $250 million. At 25 cents per bag, FLORIDA'S FAMILIES WILL FACE A $1.25 BILLION TAX HIKE!

Read more about Crist's Grocery Bag tax, here:
http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/politics/orl-bk-florida-bag-ban-101409,0,7990938.story

QuickReflex
October 22nd, 2009, 08:38 PM
Just another way to get in your pocket. The crooked SOBs.

Nuclear Longbow
November 7th, 2009, 07:16 PM
If they tax the paper and plastic bags, I'll never have anything to carry my lunch in !!

Chad_Florida
December 5th, 2009, 08:00 PM
I do agree that a "tax" on bags would suck mightily and is apparently just one more way to get into our pocketsl

We started using reusable cloth bags a few months ago. We keep a couple in each vehicle. Occassionally we'll forget to take them in the store but it only takes a minute to go get them.

We also keep a bucket in the shower to save the water as it heats up. We then use the water on the potted plants.

And yes, we used to be subscribers to Mother Earth News and Organic Gardening! :)

neo71665
December 5th, 2009, 08:18 PM
I hate to tell ya but most places already charge you for the bag, its a hidden cost. If I remember right wal-mart adds a few cents to each products on the shelf price for the expense of their "free" bags. Most grocery stores do it also.

Sounds more like some government higher up (but not high enough) had to miss out on his vacation this year so he needs to find a way to make more money. This just happens to be something the nutcases will back up and an easy pass.