PDA

View Full Version : I need some help !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!

yardape
October 27th, 2009, 06:30 PM
Im new to the area and dont know where to hunt. I live in Cabot so I can go either way , hills or delta. Ive got next week off and need to focus on one or the other. From what I understand in the National forest (Just west of Little Rock) the deer should be in early pre rut next week but in the delta its still a few weeks away. I want to shoot a good buck, so for next week National forest or Delta public land. Help!!!!!!

AR_Headhunter
October 27th, 2009, 09:48 PM
You have several good WMA's close. Go to the AFGC website & do a little research. Bayou Meto is fairly close to you I believe & there is some great hunting there but it gets a tad crowded sometimes. Once duck season opens use those duck hunters to your advantage, they push deer like crazy!

whitewolf1
October 28th, 2009, 10:43 AM
Might take a look at Wattensaw and Camp Robinson too. Watt. is south and east from you. Big WMA with good deer numbers and there always seems to be a few really nice deer taken there each year. Camp Robinson is in N. Little Rock basically. Military property and has all the rules you would expect with such a place. It gets a lot of pressure from what I hear(never hunted it) but has some really good deer on it.

AR_Headhunter
October 28th, 2009, 11:12 AM
Wattensaw is the area I was trying to think of! Great hunting there!

swampboss
October 30th, 2009, 10:35 AM
I heard on the radio yesterday that some WMA s are closed due to flooding.
Felsanthal NWR is closed for sure. Check agfc.com for others before you drive up and find one closed.

knighten
October 30th, 2009, 07:44 PM
For flood prone regions call 1-800-440-1477,they update it at 3pm daily ,a bunch of wma closed today.

hunt4meat
November 1st, 2009, 10:31 AM
Wattensaw is is closed due to flooding of White River, White River NWR is closed due to flooding, Bayou Meto is probably under water also, Not sure about Holland Bottoms, but probably under water as well. I would probably tryt o stay in the hills, Camp would probably be good, but check to see when the permit hunts are.

swampboss
November 2nd, 2009, 11:13 AM
I would avoid any river bottoms or flat woods areas. The water will be high for a while.
I would suggest you hunt some of the national forest areas. Look over some areas on Google earth and print some maps. also use a GPS in these areas. Find some white oaks with hot sign near a bedding area and you are in business. Dont forget Sat. the 7th is the Gun Youth hunt ( wear orange )
Good luck