PDA

View Full Version : deer

emerson
October 31st, 2009, 10:39 PM
month of oct. gone and I have yet to see my first deer, hunting same spots I've shot deer from before. ice storm must have made a big differents, see no game driving in or out . strange year so far in the N.E.:(

AR_Headhunter
November 1st, 2009, 07:45 AM
Agreed. I been seeing a bunch but had to change my methods.

jna329
November 1st, 2009, 10:31 PM
Ya its been tough here too. icestorm and rain made for lots of food. lots of food = less movement = less sightings. just stick in there -its bound to get better. I just havent had chance to go much and when i do i cant seem to get in the right place. good luck to you.

emerson
November 2nd, 2009, 05:11 PM
Ya its been tough here too. icestorm and rain made for lots of food. lots of food = less movement = less sightings. just stick in there -its bound to get better. I just havent had chance to go much and when i do i cant seem to get in the right place. good luck to you.

I think its only a mattter of time..good luck to you

swampboss
November 3rd, 2009, 06:29 PM
month of oct. gone and I have yet to see my first deer, hunting same spots I've shot deer from before. ice storm must have made a big differents, see no game driving in or out . strange year so far in the N.E.:(

I would suggest take up the scouting a notch. Find the first large white oak or red oak next to a dense bedding thicket with heavy sign. They do have plenty of food and dont have to move much to get a belly full. So be waiting at the first tree they come to.

befus
November 4th, 2009, 10:23 AM
I would suggest take up the scouting a notch. Find the first large white oak or red oak next to a dense bedding thicket with heavy sign. They do have plenty of food and dont have to move much to get a belly full. So be waiting at the first tree they come to.

Dang.................if I'd only have known it was that easy :shade: