PDA

View Full Version : Where did the Deer go?

Apeks74
November 2nd, 2009, 06:19 PM
I have not even seen a Doe in over a week. Anybody else?

Wyvern Creations
November 4th, 2009, 07:33 PM
Welcome to New Hampshire....

Wyvern

BrokenLimbs
November 23rd, 2009, 10:51 PM
It's TRAGIC!

500 hours in the field this season. (mostly stand hunting)
Have only seen about 12 deer.

1Badboy
November 26th, 2009, 10:52 AM
what area you guys hunting ?
i ve actually seen like 1 doe on stand and 10-15 differant bucks !
and only one "good" one but have scored on 2 not being a trophy hunter

NHBOONER
November 28th, 2009, 04:17 PM
Ya its been a tough season. I think with acorns everywhere the deer just don't have to move far. The most success Ive had recently is hunting high up on ridges, about 2/3 the way up. Close to the bedding areas but not too close. I have been seeing lots of does but no bucks yet. One of these times there will be a buck with them.

BrokenLimbs
December 8th, 2009, 12:48 AM
Ya its been a tough season. I think with acorns everywhere the deer just don't have to move far. The most success Ive had recently is hunting high up on ridges, about 2/3 the way up. Close to the bedding areas but not too close. I have been seeing lots of does but no bucks yet. One of these times there will be a buck with them.

Any luck yet?
I was told that only about 200 deer shot in Carrol County this season. Seems awfully low..... (I know you're in other region. Hope it's better there.) Very few tracks in the snow.... Weird since they are not yardin' up yet. Still breeding over here too, so the lack of sign is a very bad sign. I'm still stickin' to my belief that the hard 2 winters and Coyote issue has taken it's toll. Can't see how it's going to be much better next year either.

whitetails3
December 8th, 2009, 07:58 PM
i have had a great season. 1 buck down 1 doe down
seeing a ton of deer.

BrokenLimbs
December 9th, 2009, 02:06 PM
i have had a great season. 1 buck down 1 doe down
seeing a ton of deer.

Not a ton of deer around my stands. I've been fortunate to take deer, but haven't seen 1/2 of what I usually see. I'm assuming you're not hunting J1?