View Full Version : Deer Harvest Numbers

AR_Headhunter
November 3rd, 2009, 10:46 PM
Just sharing information with you guys.
https://www.ark.org/agfc/gamecheck/reports.php

goatranch
November 4th, 2009, 11:14 AM
Thats some very interesting info.

In my county only 147 bucks, 144 does, 17 button bucks CHECKED. I'm sure that is not total kills.

AR_Headhunter
November 4th, 2009, 09:41 PM
Thats some very interesting info.

In my county only 147 bucks, 144 does, 17 button bucks CHECKED. I'm sure that is not total kills.

I could be wrong but I believe thats only about 70% of the total kills. I have been around our state enough to know that 25-30% of the kills in Arkansas are poached & never reported.

If you think our poaching numbers are different then lets hear you opinions.

jna329
November 4th, 2009, 10:32 PM
I would say those numbers are pretty close. for every 3-4 deer that i hear about legally killed i hear stories of at least 1 that is not. SAD BUT TRUE. I know that right around my house there is many killed illegally every year. Neighbors get to talking.
Around here, it seems, everything is posted. You try to do right and ask for permission and the answer is always no. when you find out why it is usually because they have had someone poaching, spotlighting, etc. I have been dealing with this around here for the last 10 yrs. We lose areas because of this crap.

fishmannyj
November 24th, 2009, 03:37 PM
How often they update this report? I was interested in seeing what was killed on the Fort Chaffee permit hunt this weekend! I think the numbers will be lower!?