PDA

View Full Version : Confused about shot ?

pahunter36
November 4th, 2009, 11:49 AM
Yesterday morning I shot doe at about 30 yds out, shot looked good. When I went to area all I found was massive amounts of hair but no blood & no arrow. Did not find any blood for about 40 yds then I started to see very small drops of bright red blood. Followed these small drops for about 50yds then they simply stopped....no more blood....no arrow, no deer... I had two buddies comes out in the eve to try and help find her but nothing. I am sick about this and was curious what you guys may think happened. I simply hope that she is ok and lives, I hate the thought of a wounded animal being out there but I looked and looked hard for almost 8 hrs.

any thoughts ?

Thanks

Looney Bin
November 4th, 2009, 11:52 AM
was it white hair??? You probally just got brisket.

pahunter36
November 4th, 2009, 11:56 AM
NO, all brown hair, and lots of it.

Skeptic
November 4th, 2009, 11:57 AM
Maybe skimmed off the top of the back?

buckmark1
November 4th, 2009, 11:57 AM
In my experience bright red blood that sudden dries up is a muscle hit. Depending on what muscle group we are talking about, there is good possibility she will survive, with knowing where the arrow went in, it just a guess.
Grip

pahunter36
November 4th, 2009, 01:18 PM
I would think if it skimmed off the back I would have recovered arrow, I dont know again I am sick about it.

hitman846
November 4th, 2009, 01:48 PM
I would think if it skimmed off the back I would have recovered arrow, I dont know again I am sick about it.

If it glanced off the top of her back your arrow might be 40-60 yards past where she was standing!!!

brushdog
November 4th, 2009, 02:17 PM
If it glanced off the top of her back your arrow might be 40-60 yards past where she was standing!!!

exactly. i would say off the back too. Only way to get lots of brown hair and no deer with very little blood. she will be fine if that is the case. i would look again for the arrow. look 10-50yds behind where she was. it may have deflected left or right also. best of luck