PDA

View Full Version : Pursue a poaching situation

goatranch
November 15th, 2009, 01:27 PM
I hear from quite a few around that unless you actually witness the poaching or game violation with a license number an officer will not even pursue the deal. True??

I know there was one at my place this weekend knowing the guy who did it. Heard shot close (I was in the woods close), vehicle leaves and comes back in truck with 4 wheeler for recovery and gone!

I have thought about stopping by his home and letting him know that I KNOW what he did and he better not do it again.

swampboss
November 15th, 2009, 11:12 PM
By Poaching- Do you mean taken illegally or trespassing ? Either way I would get the law involved. 0 tolerance here!

AR_Headhunter
November 16th, 2009, 10:52 AM
By Poaching- Do you mean taken illegally or trespassing ? Either way I would get the law involved. 0 tolerance here!

Same here. I deal with AGFC officers all the time in trying to help catch poachers. Even did a couple full body mounts for decoys when I was younger. It's our job as true sportsmen to report every violation we can.

tmkilburn
November 16th, 2009, 02:32 PM
I would suggest calling your local game warden and telling them that you have suspicion to believe that they are poaching. Tell them the make/year/color of the truck/trucks. Also tell them the location and ask if they wouldn't mind making a pass through in their company truck through the area intermittently to let their presence be known.
We had a yearling doe killed and dumped on our lease yesterday afternoon. Just makes me sick to my stomach.

jna329
November 16th, 2009, 04:28 PM
i have had very poor luck getting game and fish to pay attention. my suggestion is to report it. once you are on record with the report if they follow up then that should take care of it. if they are "too busy" then go talk to the guy. let him know what you think of the situation and that you wont allow it. if anything the guy will at least think about it next time. The problem is that these guys dont care about anyone but themselves and probably wont change but if you are lucky they will at least find a new place.
Good luck to you.

goatranch
November 16th, 2009, 04:30 PM
He shot it from the road...him being on the road.

thumperjack
November 16th, 2009, 04:40 PM
By Poaching- Do you mean taken illegally or trespassing ? Either way I would get the law involved. 0 tolerance here!:thumb: .. X's 2 .. and keep track of ''his movements'' in your area! ..:angry: ''poacher's are low-lifes''

goatranch
November 16th, 2009, 04:55 PM
i have had very poor luck getting game and fish to pay attention. my suggestion is to report it. once you are on record with the report if they follow up then that should take care of it. if they are "too busy" then go talk to the guy. let him know what you think of the situation and that you wont allow it. if anything the guy will at least think about it next time. The problem is that these guys dont care about anyone but themselves and probably wont change but if you are lucky they will at least find a new place.
Good luck to you.

Yeah you are right. If it weren't for my buddy being in the woods close to him and me being in another spot watching him go by to get his truck and 4 wheeler I would not pursue it but I think I will talk to a game officer and maybe confront HIM when I see him on the road.

DRT
November 16th, 2009, 06:55 PM
I have known a few poachers over the years and they are not classy people. However i have meet one guy that only hunts at night with a bow and he described it to me as it is mostly the excitment of getting caught is the reason he does it. I guess like people who have affairs, it is no fun after everyone knows. Makes since to me why people do it i guess, i have never done it but i have had several bucks in front of me when walking out at times that it was very tempting to shine the head lamp on them and draw back and let one fly, but there has always been a tick in the back of my head that wouldn't let me. To each their own i guess. I think it is funny how it is legal to shoot alot of game animals at night but not deer or turkey. To me they are no better than any other animal cause they are all equal in the eyes of the man up stairs but for some reason we have put deer and a few other animals on a pedistal where it makes it bad to kill them at night. Not takening up for anyone just looking at it from a different angle. :shade: