PDA

View Full Version : Rough hunting

goatranch
November 17th, 2009, 09:52 AM
I tell ya...I sure have put some time in on stand this year more than others and nada. Still not sure whats gong on but since the weather has turned cold & wet with Rut going on you would think they would be running everywhere. Not in my area yet. I guess sooner or later you put in the time you will hook up.

swampboss
November 17th, 2009, 11:01 AM
Remember sometimes no matter how hard you work ,a little luck is still needed for success. Keep at it , if you killed one every time it would be work!

goatranch
November 17th, 2009, 11:09 AM
Amen swampboss.

Used to I would have given up but I have long since progressed to the level of knowing the deer are there and are moving during the rut. I just need to continue to hunt my spots I KNOW deer are using till I connect. Sometimes it boggles the mind when you are still not seeing what you think you should be seeing. Yes it is called 'hunting' not 'killing'.

jna329
November 17th, 2009, 02:18 PM
Its been tough all over. I personally feel it is never too late to scout and always be able move a little. If you know they are in the area, try a different setup in that area. Persistence will pay off-but sometimes you have to make it happen. GO GET 'EM!

ARBowHuntr
November 17th, 2009, 03:18 PM
I will say it's good to hear that others are having a slow start to the rut as well. I had all of last week off work to hunt. Spent 6 straight days in the stand from first light til dark and only saw about a dozen deer on their feet during day light hours. Only deer that got in bow range wasn't a legal buck to take. One of the toughest weeks of hunting I have ever had, hopefully things will pick up over the next couple of weeks.

BeauAR
November 18th, 2009, 12:42 AM
I've been out a couple of times. It's been dead. Glad to know I'm not the only one.

AR_Headhunter
November 20th, 2009, 04:39 PM
Little advice here guys. In December when gun season goes out hit the woods hard!

jna329
November 20th, 2009, 05:43 PM
Little advice here guys. In December when gun season goes out hit the woods hard!

as a bowhunter i use gun season to my advantage. I have a place that is bow only but has guns on one side. makes for a lot more sightings this time of year. they tend to come to this property and stay put. I also like the fact that after gun season a lot of guys hang it up for the year. that's when it gets good.