PDA

View Full Version : Openinig day gun

wreckless
November 20th, 2009, 07:02 AM
Good luck to all rifle hunting Saturday. I am heading to Sterling Forest.

DeerSlayer26
November 20th, 2009, 02:00 PM
there are no deer in sterling! Stay away!!! LOL:)

Joe73
November 20th, 2009, 10:42 PM
Good luck everybody!!!! Just sitting here on the computer waiting for my uncle to get here so we could leave.

5.9cummins
November 21st, 2009, 09:08 PM
Ok Ive seen enough lets go back to chasing them with a stick and string.

Got in real early to be greeted by a parade of quads all over the hill strait to there stands.

Its almost day light and i start to think i might actually have my brushy bottom all to myself when ten minutes till legal shooting time a truck pulls up on the dead end road and parks as close as possible to me (100 yards).

One guy goes to the left another to the right. Each takes up a post on either end of the scrub bottom with me in the crossfire (all be it 35ft off the ground).

Daylight comes and the dude on the left last all of 30 minutes before he has to take a stroll.

I was impressed with the other guys stamina but the constant movement, coughing, and burping (or farting couldn't tell) got a little annoying.

Through the corse of the morning saw 3 other trucks, 5-6 four wheelers, and at least a dozen guys buzzing up and down the road or through the field behind me.

Had one doe work in but by the time i saw her she saw another guy coming down the road and bolted.

Finally at 11:30 heard a twig snap and turned to see these two behind me.

A couple shots from the .257 Roberts and they were both on the ground.

Virtually no one during bow but man there were a ton of guys there today. It was like being on public land only with four wheelers. I think ill go else where during firearms.

wreckless
November 22nd, 2009, 09:24 PM
Very nice morning on Saturday. Untill 2 idiots were circling around me for a 1/2 hr. With all that park, me sitting there with orange on and them waliking up at 8am they coud'nt moove on? Only could hunt till 11 and saw one doe. Hope all did better.

BHBowhunter25
November 23rd, 2009, 09:21 PM
there are no deer in sterling! Stay away!!! LOL:)

Here's my opening morning buck. He's a splitbrow 9 taken there. :teeth: 673402

wreckless
November 23rd, 2009, 10:57 PM
Nice buck!! I got a split brow a few years ago.