PDA

View Full Version : I have achieved a new level in hunting

goatranch
November 20th, 2009, 11:19 AM
Most years I start out gun ho and as things progress my hunting "want to" wanes. I eventually just stop hunting by the end of gun season.

So far this year I have put in more time on stand than I can remember with a few good sightings but no shot opportunities yet.

I am a bit shocked I have not killed anything but this year so far I am not deterred. I am proud of myself. I still have that feeling of hunting good areas and I know its just a matter of time before "hook up"

Two times in my life I went to the stand KNOWING I would kill and did. So far this year I am staying positive, focused and totally alert on stand with out much boredom. These are all things I have striven for for years.

Maybe I am becoming a better hunter regardless of kills. I believe so. Who knows what happens next for me.

South Man
November 20th, 2009, 11:42 AM
You are maturing as a hunter my friend! The more time you spend in the woods and observing the more you grow. So many folks empasize the kill they forget to enjoy just being able to be out there. Some people dont get to enjoy this!

AR_Headhunter
November 20th, 2009, 04:33 PM
You are maturing as a hunter my friend! The more time you spend in the woods and observing the more you grow. So many folks empasize the kill they forget to enjoy just being able to be out there. Some people don't get to enjoy this!

Very true words right there.

jna329
November 20th, 2009, 05:35 PM
its not the destination-its the journey. I have spent countless hours in stands watching the squirrels and the birds to go home as happy as I would have with a deer. Its just being "there" that is most important.

hunt4meat
November 23rd, 2009, 01:28 PM
It is great that we are "able" to go to the woods and sit there and enjoy the outdoors. I loved everyminute on the stand so far this year, even that monday afternoon in the rain. I was cold and miserable, but it was enjoyable seeing the doe and spikes after it quit.