PDA

View Full Version : There may be light on the horizion!

AR_Headhunter
November 24th, 2009, 12:14 PM
Those of you who know me also know that I despise deer dogs. Well yesterday I caught one as it crossed my property. I have contacted local law enforcement which seems to want to do nothing about the condition of this animal. This dog was dumped to run deer & left to starve in the mountains. I would post pictures but my camera is on the blink! Well anyways due to the lack of local law enforcement wanting to take action I have contacted every TV station in Arkansas to try to get this exposed and action taken. There are a couple of stations which might be sending crews to do news a news story on this. I'll keep you guys posted as to what goes down & try to post pictures of the dog ASAP. Wish me luck fella's it's past time this was delt with on a state wide issue because it happens all across Arkansas every year.

goatranch
November 24th, 2009, 12:50 PM
I wish you all the luck but I won't hold my breath. Not sure the local media thinks that much of a story like that but they may surprise us. Hope so.

AR_Headhunter
November 24th, 2009, 01:33 PM
I did a interview with 40/29 last year which got things stirred up a bit. If I can find the link to it I'll post it up.

AR_Headhunter
November 24th, 2009, 02:42 PM
Here is the interview.
http://www.4029tv.com/video/18937646/index.html

jna329
November 24th, 2009, 04:03 PM
Keep us posted on this.

goatranch
November 24th, 2009, 04:31 PM
That is FANTASTIC. Keeps us posted and yes we need to voice our beliefs of what is right and wrong. Hell everyone else does why shouldn't we?? Way to go Headhunter!

AR_Headhunter
November 24th, 2009, 04:36 PM
Wait til I get pictures of this poor starved dog that was dumped to fend for himself. One way or the other I'm going to be the biggest headache the pro dog hunters in Arkansas have ever had. They pissed off the wrong hillbilly with this & got me into the fight & I fight to win.

hunt4meat
November 25th, 2009, 09:37 AM
. This dog was dumped to run deer & left to starve in the mountains.

I know I am going to get my butt chewed over this, but what the heck, why not stir the pot?

OK You think people dump dogs and leave them to run deer? Deer dogs are not dumped and left, they are too expensive for this. These dogs that are dumped and starving are not there to "run deer", they were dumped by some @$$ hole that didn't want a dog anymore, and wouldn't take it to a shelter.

Now that said, I am not in favor of running deer with dogs, it messes up my peacefull morning on the stand listening to some dumb dog baying thru the woods.

goatranch
November 25th, 2009, 10:08 AM
I don't think many people in MY area spent much on THEIR deer dogs. I've seen many nothing but skin & bones over the years. Years ago when you could still legally run dogs...deer dogs would show up at my place for a week looking for food. I've seen better dogs taken to the shelter for abuse.

These dogs were deer dogs short beagle type dogs with tags that identify them and who they belong to...well some had tags.

AR_Headhunter
November 25th, 2009, 12:05 PM
I know I am going to get my butt chewed over this, but what the heck, why not stir the pot?

OK You think people dump dogs and leave them to run deer? Deer dogs are not dumped and left, they are too expensive for this. These dogs that are dumped and starving are not there to "run deer", they were dumped by some @$$ hole that didn't want a dog anymore, and wouldn't take it to a shelter.

Now that said, I am not in favor of running deer with dogs, it messes up my peacefull morning on the stand listening to some dumb dog baying thru the woods.

Well seeing how I know the owner of these dogs & know exactly what he does with them then you might want to rethink your statement. They are breed & feed until just before deer season. Then they are dumped to run deer & left out there because that way the owner can say they got loose & he will not get a ticket from the AGFC. I know most hunters take care of their dogs but this is the exception! Here are a couple pictures of the dog. It's hard to tell just how bad he is from the pictures but you can see well enough he has been starving.
Here is what we find left by deer dog hunters in my area.
http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff220/hunthecklejeckle/Puppyandotherstuff032.jpg

http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff220/hunthecklejeckle/Puppyandotherstuff034.jpg

goatranch
November 25th, 2009, 01:16 PM
Yep. Looks just like the ones that show up at my place and won't go away. Thanks dog runners. That is NOT an expensive dog.

jna329
November 25th, 2009, 01:26 PM
that is horrible. I have hunted with and judged dogs during competitions and I can tell you that this dog is starving, he is also probably full of worms and it is all due to neglect by the owner. This is a problem and should be taken seriously. I have coonhunted and been around hounds and hunting dogs for over 25yrs. I have hunted with dogs that looked like this and can tell you that it is because some prick doesnt want to take care of his animal. I have scratched guys from hunting for bringing sick dogs to the woods. It can not be tolerated regardless of what the dog is raised to do. It is especially wrong when you know that it is done for deer running or other purposes that are illegal.

To Anyone that has doubts that this is a deer dog- wake up! This is a problem and we need it addressed.

Headhunter - You need to use that dog to fight this battle. Do not release him back to his owner and if the authorities decide to force the issue then contacts your local shelter and they can get you in touch with an animal rights group in your area. I do not believe in supporting these asses but they can help you fight this. If that doesnt work- I say you put the dog down and then return him to the owner. The "euthanasia" would definitely be justified as the dog in the picture is sick and starved.

AR_Headhunter
November 25th, 2009, 06:59 PM
I have refrained from doing it in the past guys because I did not want it to reflect badly upon huning in general but from now on every dog I can catch like this will receive all the publisity I can get generated against the owners.
One way or the other I will get this stopped!

soonerman001
November 26th, 2009, 12:20 AM
keep fighting the good fight headhunter

swampboss
November 26th, 2009, 12:56 AM
Those of you who know me also know that I despise deer dogs. Well yesterday I caught one as it crossed my property. I have contacted local law enforcement which seems to want to do nothing about the condition of this animal. This dog was dumped to run deer & left to starve in the mountains. I would post pictures but my camera is on the blink! Well anyways due to the lack of local law enforcement wanting to take action I have contacted every TV station in Arkansas to try to get this exposed and action taken. There are a couple of stations which might be sending crews to do news a news story on this. I'll keep you guys posted as to what goes down & try to post pictures of the dog ASAP. Wish me luck fella's it's past time this was delt with on a state wide issue because it happens all across Arkansas every year.

I am behind you 100%. Just this week a friend from the Bismark area found a whole rotten 1.5 yr. old 5 pt with a rope around its neck left on his property ( which is posted ) and a sick bony beagle that was hanging around and would not leave. He tried to catch it and read the collar but it would stay out of reach.
The best way to get rid of the dog season is to cut it down to about 1 week for the next 2 years the do away with it for good. ( most would not want to keep it up for only 1 week ) IMO