PDA

View Full Version : got it done with the bow during rifle season. (oklahoma)

muzzyguy16
November 29th, 2009, 02:35 PM
Hunted my uncles farm over thanksgiving break got there Wednesday and scouted it that morning. Its a creek bottom funnel between two large fields connecting two big blocks of timber i found some nice rubs and just decided to set a stand up on those rubs and hope a nice one comes by. Friday morning around 8:35 i hit the horns and did a grunting sequence and this guy comes charging down the ridge to the bottom where i was waiting. smoked him with the rage he went 40 yards and crashed. this is my 3rd season with the bow and my third deer and my best buck im pretty proud of him i think ill do a euro mount.

Hope the pictures work if not then ill try again later.

enjoy.

Captain Cully
November 29th, 2009, 02:35 PM
Nice! I've been sticking it out with the bow too, but no such luck. Great job! Nice typical 8.

muzzyguy16
November 29th, 2009, 02:41 PM
Here is what the place looked like that i was hunting.

dkoutdoors
November 29th, 2009, 02:59 PM
congrats

muzzyguy16
November 29th, 2009, 03:32 PM
thanks

Apache
November 29th, 2009, 03:56 PM
Nice rack. I took mine this year during gun season also, looked very similar to yours but thicker ...

Stanley
November 29th, 2009, 03:58 PM
Nice buck. Good for you. You don't need no stinking gun.

AdvanTimberLou
November 29th, 2009, 04:09 PM
Congratulations! Great buck and nice hunting area!

hstubblefield
November 29th, 2009, 04:35 PM
Congrats

Bowhunter57
November 29th, 2009, 07:49 PM
Congradulations on a fine buck! :thumb:

Some tough hunting during the rifle seasons...in any state. Good job! :)

Good hunting, Bowhunter57

three under
November 29th, 2009, 07:54 PM
Did I read that right? Muzzyguy killed it with a Rage? LOL Nice buck,way to get it done.

jtb67
November 29th, 2009, 08:08 PM
Great job!!!!!!!!!

muzzyguy16
November 29th, 2009, 10:48 PM
Did I read that right? Muzzyguy killed it with a Rage? LOL Nice buck,way to get it done.

ya ya i know but thats before i saw the damage it did to my six point last year and my doe and this one i just love them nothing has gone wrong for me yet and until then ill be shooting them. but i still got a muzzy in the quiver for any other creatures that might happen by:wink:.

thanks for the kudos fellas.

Dthbyhoyt
November 29th, 2009, 10:50 PM
Congrats ..

carmanusa
November 29th, 2009, 10:53 PM
way to stick it out with the bow-keep it up

Cornfed
November 29th, 2009, 10:53 PM
CONGRATS on your buck!

You shot that baby with a RAGE didn't you ?!? I heard it's like throwing an axe at an animal.... man, you whacked it's head completely off.... now THAT is impressive!!! :eek: :wink:

DEERGUNNER
November 29th, 2009, 10:57 PM

Of course it was shot with a Rage! Can't you tell? The entrance hole was so big, all that was left was the head! I think that is Rage's find your game guarantee. :laugh:

Nichko
November 29th, 2009, 11:00 PM
Congrats!

skwiggsgonewild
November 29th, 2009, 11:06 PM
Grats he's a dandy! Euro mount would be great but it looks like you already sawed into the skull? Can you fix that somehow?

muzzyguy16
November 29th, 2009, 11:33 PM
Grats he's a dandy! Euro mount would be great but it looks like you already sawed into the skull? Can you fix that somehow?

I hope. I was just gonna saw them off and mount them to a board from my grandpas old barn like my 6 and it looks really nice. but my buddy convinced me to let him practice doing a euro mount out at his uncles shop he can do everything for half price out at his uncles taxi shop cause hes just learning he did a really nice shoulder mount for his grandpa last year that turned out really really nice i thought his uncle did it, and he did it for like $200. He said that he might be able to do it for free for me. He said his uncle would probably know of something to fix it like fill it in then maybe bleach it but its not for sure yet.

gamoboy
November 29th, 2009, 11:51 PM
congrats. i have been hunting with a bow only also. havent seen any deer yet this year though. rut hasnt kicked in. also to let you know. check in the reg book. you only have to wear a hat or a vest if you use a bow durring any gun season.

jth091
November 29th, 2009, 11:55 PM
Thats a nice buck congrats!

red44
November 29th, 2009, 11:57 PM
WTG!
Gotta love sneaking one out with a bow during gun season. :thumbs_up