PDA

View Full Version : Got my new Carbon Matrix yesterday and...

zeestyle
December 2nd, 2009, 09:16 PM
I absolutely love it. People can knock it all they want, and I do understand the gripes about the price, but it shoots amazingly. What a tack driver. It feels so darn smooth on the draw, and the shot. Really stable, too, at full draw for as light as it is. Really a nice bow. That's just my two cents. Any others have one and want to share thoughts about it? Has anyone had any issues with theirs? Let's hear the good the bad and the ugly.

beast
December 2nd, 2009, 09:30 PM
congrats, how do you have it setup?

luckyy
December 2nd, 2009, 10:00 PM
Ive had mine a coulple of weeks ago. Love to shoot it. Out to 40 yards shoots tight groups with my ACE430. . I just turned up the poundage from 53 to 58 and now I get a cracking sound in the riser, doesnt seem to be going away. No virbration. Im waiting for my 7 inch brace monster to come in any day. I wonder which one I will like for 3D???

PAstringking
December 2nd, 2009, 10:19 PM
can we see some pics of it all setup??

IlBuckMaster
December 2nd, 2009, 10:35 PM
I've had mine for a month now. Black riser w/ camo limbs. I have it set up for hunting and killed a nice nine pointer on Halloween with it :thumbs_up

It is set at 69 lbs with a 29.5" draw length and is shooting a CX Maxima 350 weighing 438 grains at 278 fps - if you extend that to IBO specs it is 320fps. For me, the draw feels very smooth. The bow simply sits there at the shot and makes very little noise. Nearly all the noise that I can detect on the shot comes from the string stopper - sort of a dull thud.

I have let lots of people in the shop shoot this - not one person walked away unimpressed.

I also see that a previous post reported a popping noise in the riser - interesting. Wonder how many have this? Are you shooting with a long stabilizer or sight? Mine has never made any noise and has been exposed to lots of temperature changes, mud, and shooting. Two others that I personally know are shooting them and have never heard a noise either. But they are all set up for hunting with relatively short and light weight stabilizers and sights.

Overall, I am very impressed with mine. So much so that I am considering using it for 3D this year... over my Apex 7 and Contender. But honestly it will take a lot to pry that Apex 7 out of my hand when Florida rolls around.

B Man
December 2nd, 2009, 10:47 PM
It says in the manual of the matrix that it will take around 100 shots to get the creaking noise out the riser if i recall right. And if it's stored for a long period of time it starts over for a # of shots

drkangel11683
December 2nd, 2009, 10:50 PM
Anybody have pics?

Cornfed
December 2nd, 2009, 10:56 PM
Congrats on an awesome rig! I'd love to see a few pix of it myself?

luckyy
December 2nd, 2009, 11:09 PM
For some reason I have a hard time uploading pics on this forum.

Target Tony
December 2nd, 2009, 11:14 PM
It says in the manual of the matrix that it will take around 100 shots to get the creaking noise out the riser if i recall right. And if it's stored for a long period of time it starts over for a # of shots

this is from the Hoyt website and right out of there owners manual.

Quote",
Carbon Matrix bow riser, may exhibit a creaking sound
during the first few shots when the bow is new. This
creaking sound could come and go for the first few 100
shots. This is a normal condition for Composite structures
and is not a structural failure.
If the Carbon Matrix has been stored for a prolonged
period of time without being used (several weeks at a
time), the bow may exhibit creaking sound again for the
first few shots. This is a normal condition for composite
structures and is not a structural failure. Quote".

wow i never thought i would see a bow with a built in creaking noise and one that comes and goes? i hope it doesnt come when im drawing down on a game animal..i love my hoyts, i have 5 of them, but i wouldnt spend money on a bow if it creaks when its drawn.

Tony

the critter
December 2nd, 2009, 11:20 PM
this is from the Hoyt website and right out of there owners manual.

Quote",
Carbon Matrix bow riser, may exhibit a creaking sound
during the first few shots when the bow is new. This
creaking sound could come and go for the first few 100
shots. This is a normal condition for Composite structures
and is not a structural failure.
If the Carbon Matrix has been stored for a prolonged
period of time without being used (several weeks at a
time), the bow may exhibit creaking sound again for the
first few shots. This is a normal condition for composite
structures and is not a structural failure. Quote".

wow i never thought i would see a bow with a built in creaking noise and one that comes and goes? i hope it doesnt come when im drawing down on a game animal..i love my hoyts, i have 5 of them, but i wouldnt spend money on a bow if it creaks when its drawn.

Tony
Very good point...

A very sharp looking bow indeed, I wouldn't mind shooting one myself

IlBuckMaster
December 3rd, 2009, 12:08 AM
Best I can do with my cell phone...

At least the mud doesn't show up in this picture.