PDA

View Full Version : Rage broadheads

huntin deer
December 11th, 2009, 06:14 PM
Has anyone had a rage broad head not open when shot. I had some broadheads from Nap that never openen and I lost a deer.

Flat Line
December 11th, 2009, 06:16 PM
I used them three times this year with deadly results, all three deer crash in plain sight.So far so good.

Big Eazy
December 11th, 2009, 06:21 PM
Never

madhunter
December 11th, 2009, 06:23 PM
Has anyone had a rage broad head not open when shot. I had some broadheads from Nap that never openen and I lost a deer.

You did not loose a deer because the head did not open. Fact is that if the deer was shot correctly it could have been a field tip.

Shot placement should be a hunters number one concern. Not the broad head.

sawtoothscream
December 11th, 2009, 06:25 PM
i dont see how rage cant open. mine opened easy

fordhuntr
December 11th, 2009, 06:55 PM
Here we go......:darkbeer:

HyperFlow
December 11th, 2009, 07:03 PM
shot 3 deer so far with the rage 3 blades, no problems what so ever. Wouldn;t switch them for all the slicktricks in the world :darkbeer:

Gixxer
December 11th, 2009, 07:06 PM
Here we go......:darkbeer:

Try shooting a rage through a 55 gallon steel drum and see what the head looks like after that!! NOW..... try that with a Magnus stinger!!!! WAIT!!!!

See that video of that guy doing actual field testing of BH's on a car door? he got pass throughs on all of the heads EXCEPT for the Rage! After he pulled it out of the door of course it was not shootable. The silver flame and MAGNUS went through one door and almost through the other and were unharmed. Huh. WAIT!!! maybe if the rage did not open in flight he wouldve gotten a pass through.... NOT!!!!:grouphug::set1_violent 002:

Heh, emoticons are AWESOME for lightening the mood, dontcha think??

SCFox
December 11th, 2009, 07:14 PM
Try shooting a rage through a 55 gallon steel drum and see what the head looks like after that!! NOW..... try that with a Magnus stinger!!!! WAIT!!!!

See that video of that guy doing actual field testing of BH's on a car door? he got pass throughs on all of the heads EXCEPT for the Rage! After he pulled it out of the door of course it was not shootable. The silver flame and MAGNUS went through one door and almost through the other and were unharmed. Huh. WAIT!!! maybe if the rage did not open in flight he wouldve gotten a pass through.... NOT!!!!:grouphug::set1_violent 002:

Heh, emoticons are AWESOME for lightening the mood, dontcha think??

If I'm ever hunting Buick's, I'll make sure I'm using Magnus BH's. As for deer, I've yet to have any problems with the Rage.

SCFox

robd
December 11th, 2009, 07:29 PM
No problems with a Rage here. Put a good hit on the deer and it wont matter whats on the end of the arrow

smokin'dually
December 11th, 2009, 07:34 PM
must be just my bad luck but i lost a real nice buck back in oct. using a 2 blade,good shot right in the rib cage and got some lung blood, just not enough penetration. shot a doe shortly after that, 20 yds got a little close to the shoulder and only got in 6 in or so,after retrieving head i found that one of the blades bent before opening and soaked up most of the arrow energy.i got that deer but not real impressed with them so i switched. started watching videos of deer shot with them after that and realized there are quite a few that dont pass thru and the ones that do i figure were lined up vertically with the ribs on impact. they leave nice holes and all but penetration is key imo...