PDA

View Full Version : Fish & Game Going to far!!!!!

poacherjoe
December 12th, 2009, 12:37 PM
True story-2 guy's went hunting in the mountains here in Kalifornia and when they got back to camp one of the hunters opened his truck door and leaned his rifle against the seat.That's contact with the ground and the barrel touching the seat.Then they proceded to have a cold beer and the warden drives up.

He asks all the questions and checks the licenses and tags with no problems but then he see's the gun against the seat and ask's to look at it.There is a bullet in the chamber!

He then writes a ticket for having a loaded firearm inside the truck.The case goes to court and the hunter loses:mad:What do you think of that?PJ:eek:

muzzyhunter17
December 12th, 2009, 12:38 PM
True story-2 guy's went hunting in the mountains here in Kalifornia and when they got back to camp one of the hunters opened his truck door and leaned his rifle against the seat.That's contact with the ground and the barrel touching the seat.Then they proceded to have a cold beer and the warden drives up.

He asks all the questions and checks the licenses and tags with no problems but then he see's the gun against the seat and ask's to look at it.There is a bullet in the chamber!

He then writes a ticket for having a loaded firearm inside the truck.The case goes to court and the hunter loses:mad:What do you think of that?PJ:eek:

Sounds like you should have unloaded it before putting it in the truck:wink:

SMOKES
December 12th, 2009, 12:39 PM
hey they need tha money

Nightshade400
December 12th, 2009, 12:46 PM
It's Kalifornia, are you really surprised by this?

Before anyone jumps, I grew up there...there is a reason I won't live there ever again.

txsteele
December 12th, 2009, 12:56 PM
Not surprised at all.....

Double S
December 12th, 2009, 12:59 PM
We have similar laws here in Washington State. There's a reason they have these Regs, they just didn't pull it out of their A@#!. Too many fools have blew holes in ther Cabs, Floorboards, Engine block and even wounding others or getting killed. Specially when rover the dog is playing around by the firearm and hits the trigger. Her is Wa, you can't lean a firearm against a Temporary, Movable Object like a vehicle or something Similar. if it loaded and your not out hunting its considered a loaded firearm is a Vehicle. There's really no reason to have a loaded firearm in a vehicle unless your Road hunting and need to get out and trespass quick and Poach. No Sympathy here.

sits in trees
December 12th, 2009, 01:05 PM

i think we are becoming a police state. just saw on the news that they installed a camera on a Dallas Texas intersection which generated 1 million dollars in fines in it's first year?
we have become a society of people who fear our Gov because we know they are watching and ready to pounce, heck i'm scaring myself by just writing this post???

dinodonofrio
December 12th, 2009, 01:11 PM
Same thing will happen here in PA. A while back a buddy of mine got fined for leaning his gun on his car while trying to get a rock out of his boot before a hunt........ Crazy, but its the law and if you read the PA game book its plain as day on page 16 under Loaded Firearms Vehicles "It is unlawful to have a loaded firearm in, on or against any motor vehicle, regardless of whether the vehicle is moving or stationary"

mtn. archer
December 12th, 2009, 01:23 PM
beer and guns lets see hmm not to bright to begin with

One eye
December 12th, 2009, 01:25 PM
He would have gotten multiple tickets here in Michigan. The ticket for the loaded gun and a ticket for hunting while under the influence of alcohol. Personally, I don't want people out hunting while drinking either.
Dan

AlienX
December 12th, 2009, 01:25 PM
Should have unloaded it and put it in it's case and then into then into the trucks. IMO they were asking for it when they opened the beer. Beer and loaded guns never mix!

zap
December 12th, 2009, 01:28 PM
Thats unsafe at best, when your done hunting the guns get unloaded.

marty

RNT
December 12th, 2009, 01:29 PM

The judge, prosecuter and cop all work for the same employer and all are biased and depend on fines..........no matter how wrong they are we lose once the site us. Common sense and basic human interaction sais there was nothing wrong with the gun being there loaded or not. It took a prejudiced ahole of a cop, a prejudiced ahole of a prosecuter to try the case in front a prejudiced ahole of a judge to get a BS wrongful conviction to make themselves money.

NoSecondBest
In my opinion, if you think it's OK to lean a loaded gun against the car/truck seat then you shouldn't own a gun. I have no sympathy for people who have no brains or common sense when handling loaded guns around other people. Most "accidental" shootings are just stupidity. These laws were designed to prevent accidents, not to punish people for doing "nothing" wrong.

mdewitt71
beer and guns lets see hmm not to bright to begin with

That is what I am thinking.........Lucky that is all they got.

Baz59
December 12th, 2009, 01:30 PM
i unload my gun when i am about 50-100 yards from the road.... pretty sure our law states you have to be 200 feet from the road to shoot...

RNT
December 12th, 2009, 01:30 PM

Before anyone jumps, I grew up there...there is a reason I won't live there ever again.

Kalifornia in the united states of Amerika.

millerarchery
December 12th, 2009, 01:35 PM
He should be thankfull he still has his gun and truck, all it would take is a few beers and he would forget it was loaded and somthing bad is going to happen.

twisted1600
December 12th, 2009, 01:39 PM

:)
A bullet IN the chamber?
What sork of idi*t leaves a bullet chambered when he puts a rifle in the truck?
Sure...shells in the magazine/clip.
But a round chambered?
I'd write him up too....for stupidity!

King Country
December 12th, 2009, 01:42 PM
In my opinion, if you think it's OK to lean a loaded gun against the car/truck seat then you shouldn't own a gun. I have no sympathy for people who have no brains or common sense when handling loaded guns around other people. Most "accidental" shootings are just stupidity. These laws were designed to prevent accidents, not to punish people for doing "nothing" wrong.

Can't really fault the warden on this one, sounds like he was doing his job? From his point of view, here were a couple of guys drinking with a loaded firearm leaning up against a truck, yes, it's crap that they got pinged for it, but hopefully someone learns not to leave a loaded rifle lying around :wink:

cabooser
December 12th, 2009, 01:44 PM

I think he shoulda read the regs! Got what he deserved!

When I lived out there I was SHOCKED to find that driving while hunting with a loaded firearm was legal, AS LONG AS THE CHAMBER WAS EMPTY! Now it's been six years since I lived there so the laws might have changed.

But here in Wisconsin, unless the firearm is completely unloaded, NO rounds in or ON the gun, and in a case, not allowed in or on any vehicle, car, truck, ATV or snow machine. Lean a empty BB gun against the door or on the tailgate you're gonna get busted!!

xman59
December 12th, 2009, 01:54 PM
Kalifornia in the united states of Amerika.

nope its in the bama states of umerika

mobowhntr
December 12th, 2009, 02:13 PM
The judge, prosecuter and cop all work for the same employer and all are biased and depend on fines..........no matter how wrong they are we lose once the site us. Common sense and basic human interaction sais there was nothing wrong with the gun being there loaded or not. It took a prejudiced ahole of a cop, a prejudiced ahole of a prosecuter to try the case in front a prejudiced ahole of a judge to get a BS wrongful conviction to make themselves money.

No doubt. Some of you guys sound crazy, you act like the gun is gonna jump up and just start killing people. Give me a freakin break.

muzzyhunter17
December 12th, 2009, 02:17 PM
No doubt. Some of you guys sound crazy, you act like the gun is gonna jump up and just start killing people. Give me a freakin break.

You have to be kidding me?...That is possibly the most idiotic thing I have ever heard!.....THERE IS a good reason you cant have a loaded firearm In a rig, on a public road...or even within a certain distance of a public road...It has happened many times where guns have fallen over and discharged...Has even killed people....Try using your brain before posting stuff like that:wink:

twisted1600
December 12th, 2009, 02:18 PM

Where do you come up with this.........
Do you people just pull this sh*t out of your a**?

A prejudiced cop.....prosecutor....and judge?

I think someones spun a bearing!

Funny how folks that break the law think the judicial sytem is corrupt...
and those that don't,think it works fairly.

RNT,I hope you buried them cases deep enough...you know your on their "list".
Big Brother is always watching.......even here on AT!

jrmsoccer32
December 12th, 2009, 02:22 PM
The law is the same in PA can't have a loaded firearm up against a vehicle. Good reasons for it as some have already stated. I hate stupid laws but this surely isn't one of them. Firearm safety is no joke and always needs to be taken seriously. It only takes a split second to ruin the rest of many peoples lives things happen that can never be taken back. I don't want that on my mind.

muzzyhunter17
December 12th, 2009, 02:22 PM

And this is the second most idiotic thing i have ever heard.

BO HNTR
December 12th, 2009, 02:25 PM
Personally, I think it's very appropriate for a citation in that incident. I'm not a gun hunter, but those I know unload their weapons just before they reach their vehicle.........alcohol, loaded gun "leaning" against a vehicle......accident waiting to happen, IMO. Follow the law and there won't be any problems. Just my .02.

twisted1600
December 12th, 2009, 02:26 PM

You have to be kidding me?...That is possibly the most idiotic thing I have ever heard!.....THERE IS a good reason you cant have a loaded firearm In a rig, on a public road...or even within a certain distance of a public road...It has happened many times where guns have fallen over and discharged...Has even killed people....Try using your brain before posting stuff like that:wink:

Muzzyhunter,
my wife grew up in that state.....
you should hear the stories she tells.....

That response would be concidered typical.

mobowhntr
December 12th, 2009, 02:26 PM

Really? Why not post some links to the tragedies?

muzzyhunter17
December 12th, 2009, 02:27 PM
Muzzyhunter,
my wife grew up in that state.....
you should hear the stories she tells.....

That response would be concidered typical.

Jeez......Thats to bad

muzzyhunter17
December 12th, 2009, 02:36 PM

How old are you?...I really shoulden't be wasting my time with your questions....how about YOU look it up on the net...accidental gun deaths while hunting...you think it has never happened or you havent heard of it happening? look it up yourself

mobowhntr
December 12th, 2009, 02:43 PM
How old are you?...I really shoulden't be wasting my time with your questions....how about YOU look it up on the net...accidental gun deaths while hunting...you think it has never happened or you havent heard of it happening? look it up yourself

Your the one that said there have been many deaths from guns leaned against a truck falling over and killing people. Prove it.

twisted1600
December 12th, 2009, 02:45 PM

http://outdoors.fanhouse.com/2008/10/22/hunter-dies-in-opening-weekend-accident/
http://www.all-creatures.org/cash/taah-art-20090108.html
http://www.thewesternstar.com/index.cfm?sid=299674&sc=506

Hundreds of links out there.
Seems alot of people think like you.

AR_Headhunter
December 12th, 2009, 02:50 PM

I second that!

mobowhntr
December 12th, 2009, 02:57 PM
http://outdoors.fanhouse.com/2008/10/22/hunter-dies-in-opening-weekend-accident/
http://www.all-creatures.org/cash/taah-art-20090108.html
http://www.thewesternstar.com/index.cfm?sid=299674&sc=506

Hundreds of links out there.
Seems alot of people think like you.

Accidents happen, we all know that. I read all your links and not one of them came from leaning a firearm against a vehicle and it falling over. Having a loaded gun in a vehicle in and of itself is not going to cause an accident. Stupid people not knowing how to handle a loaded gun will.

King Country
December 12th, 2009, 02:58 PM
Your the one that said there have been many deaths from guns leaned against a truck falling over and killing people. Prove it.

You serious? This sort of thing happens all the time, there was one in the news the other day of a guy getting shot by his dog, he left it loaded and the dog stood on it, another guy dropped his rifle while climbing a fence and shot himself as well.

rjharcher
December 12th, 2009, 03:01 PM
We have similar laws here in Washington State. There's a reason they have these Regs, they just didn't pull it out of their A@#!. Too many fools have blew holes in ther Cabs, Floorboards, Engine block and even wounding others or getting killed. Specially when rover the dog is playing around by the firearm and hits the trigger. Her is Wa, you can't lean a firearm against a Temporary, Movable Object like a vehicle or something Similar. if it loaded and your not out hunting its considered a loaded firearm is a Vehicle. There's really no reason to have a loaded firearm in a vehicle unless your Road hunting and need to get out and trespass quick and Poach. No Sympathy here.

I am guilty of this, and it wasn't even my truck but my cousins and boy was he mad. I was 16 at the time, just was to excited after seeing and chasing a buck through the timber. Felt real stupid and bad.

oct71
December 12th, 2009, 03:03 PM
It's always too bad for a guy to get a ticket for a loaded weapon leaned on the inside of his truck. He got what he deserved. Maybe it will wake him up and he'll not do it again.

I feel if your not in the act of hunting, your rifle should be unloaded.

cabooser
December 12th, 2009, 03:05 PM
Accidents happen, we all know that. I read all your links and not one of them came from leaning a firearm against a vehicle and it falling over. Having a loaded gun in a vehicle in and of itself is not going to cause an accident. Stupid people not knowing how to handle a loaded gun will.

I want a case of what you're drinkin' & a pound of what you're smokin' today!! I nominate YOU for 2009 Darwin Award!:embara:

mobowhntr
December 12th, 2009, 03:06 PM
You serious? This sort of thing happens all the time, there was one in the news the other day of a guy getting shot by his dog, he left it loaded and the dog stood on it, another guy dropped his rifle while climbing a fence and shot himself as well.

Yeah people get shot. Accidents happen. Cant wait till it becomes law we cant go outside for fear of an accident. Then maybe they can make a law that says you cant get out of bed because of all the stuff that could happen.

mobowhntr
December 12th, 2009, 03:11 PM
I want a case of what you're drinkin' & a pound of what you're smokin' today!! I nominate YOU for 2009 Darwin Award!:embara:

Really? I have a CCW, do you think I unload my pistol when I get in my Truck? Whats the difference between my loaded pistol or my loaded rifle? When I was a Deputy Sheriff back in the late 90's I carried a loaded pistol and shotgun in my car. When I was in Iraq I carried a loaded rifle everywhere I went and sometimes I would lean it up against the seat when I got out. Gasp!!

Ray.Klefstad
December 12th, 2009, 03:19 PM
Personally, I think it's very appropriate for a citation in that incident. I'm not a gun hunter, but those I know unload their weapons just before they reach their vehicle.........alcohol, loaded gun "leaning" against a vehicle......accident waiting to happen, IMO. Follow the law and there won't be any problems. Just my .02.

I agree with Bo Hntr and I live in California. Yes, our laws are rediculous and numerous, but we have lots of really bad people too.

Did you read the story last week about a family of gang bangers shooting a guy and burning his body in their backyard (in Hemit, CA)? I just drove by Hemit yesterday on my way home from Palm Desert.

Personally, I wouldn't even consider bringing a loaded gun to my vehicle or a building - even if I were gun hunting in another state.

Ray

Nightshade400
December 12th, 2009, 03:26 PM
It's always too bad for a guy to get a ticket for a loaded weapon leaned on the inside of his truck. He got what he deserved. Maybe it will wake him up and he'll not do it again.

I feel if your not in the act of hunting, your rifle should be unloaded.

So you are telling me your home protection shotgun or rifle are left unloaded at all times?

Interesting choice

King Country
December 12th, 2009, 03:26 PM
Really? I have a CCW, do you think I unload my pistol when I get in my Truck? Whats the difference between my loaded pistol or my loaded rifle? When I was a Deputy Sheriff back in the late 90's I carried a loaded pistol and shotgun in my car. When I was in Iraq I carried a loaded rifle everywhere I went and sometimes I would lean it up against the seat when I got out. Gasp!!

Then there are the unlucky families that have to deal with this. http://www2.dailyprogress.com/cdp/news/local/fluvanna/article/gun_goes_off_in_utility_vehicl e_killing_fluvanna_man/44352/
It's easy to say it'll never happen to you, but it will happen to someone. Having these stupid laws in place saves a family having to deal with the loss of a loved one, with that being said, not everyone has to follow these stupid laws, just don't get caught or killed :wink:

Double S
December 12th, 2009, 03:28 PM
:(
I am guilty of this, and it wasn't even my truck but my cousins and boy was he mad. I was 16 at the time, just was to excited after seeing and chasing a buck through the timber. Felt real stupid and bad.

Thank you for cowboying up and being Honest even when you weren't required to bring this up. Thumbs up to you for that. I'm a Med. Retired L.E.O from Kommiefornia. I'm a Hunter's Ed Assistant up here WA. We talk about and use examples of hunters wounding each other or killing hunters, or joggers, etc. We have gone through the fatalities and Hunting related Shootings during Class Time. If the people had followed what we taught and actually used it in the field. All those so called "Accidents" could have been prevented. We make sure that they know that its not just stories that are actual real events. We do our Best to make sure that they don't end up as the next hunting injuries or fatality. To learn from others mistakes, so they don't repeat it.

on another note, I get a kick out of people that tell others to prove it by having to post links to other sites. lol. All you have to do is google it yourself or wait right after hunting season starts and turn the news on.

rodney482
December 12th, 2009, 03:28 PM
When your done hunting and ready for a beer..

Unload your guns and safely secure them.

oct71
December 12th, 2009, 04:42 PM
So you are telling me your home protection shotgun or rifle are left unloaded at all times?

Interesting choice

Yes,

My pistol by my bed is unloaded at all times, until I see the need to load it.

Do your thing and I'll do my thing.

RNT
December 12th, 2009, 05:11 PM
Where do you come up with this.........
Do you people just pull this sh*t out of your a**?

A prejudiced cop.....prosecutor....and judge?

I think someones spun a bearing!

Funny how folks that break the law think the judicial sytem is corrupt...
and those that don't,think it works fairly.

RNT,I hope you buried them cases deep enough...you know your on their "list".
Big Brother is always watching.......even here on AT!

Your the one who calls yourself "twisted"........enough said.:zip:

RNT
December 12th, 2009, 05:12 PM
nope its in the bama states of umerika

Oh sooooo true!!!!!!!:wink:

RNT
December 12th, 2009, 05:16 PM

Alot of people make the mistake of judging people for breaking laws of prohibition as equal to breaking laws of true crime where there are victims involved and done with intent. It just goes to show that tyranny has taken its course and now is publicly accepted on a majoritive level.

whitewolf1
December 12th, 2009, 05:42 PM
Alot of people make the mistake of judging people for breaking laws of prohibition as equal to breaking laws of true crime where there are victims involved and done with intent. It just goes to show that tyranny has taken its course and now is publicly accepted on a majoritive level.

Yeah exactly, it's not like safe gun handling should be taught to or enforced in public. Geez!!!

The guy got a fine not locked up for 20 years thus demonstrating that the legal system recognizes the difference in this offense and your "true crime" comment. I do agree that the guy should not have been fined though, stupidity such as that should be punished with sterilization. How freakin hard is it to follow the law really? Nevermind the common sense aspect or lack thereof of coming in to camp with a loaded weapon and poppin a few tops before securing said firearm.

NHunter
December 12th, 2009, 05:47 PM
You will get written up in Maine akk day long for that offense. Dunno why this is such a suprise.

King Country
December 12th, 2009, 05:51 PM
Yeah exactly, it's not like safe gun handling should be taught to or enforced in public. Geez!!!

The guy got a fine not locked up for 20 years thus demonstrating that the legal system recognizes the difference in this offense and your "true crime" comment. I do agree that the guy should not have been fined though, stupidity such as that should be punished with sterilization. How freakin hard is it to follow the law really? Nevermind the common sense aspect or lack thereof of coming in to camp with a loaded weapon and poppin a few tops before securing said firearm.

Doesn't take a brain surgeon to figure that one out, although common sense isn't so common anymore :wink:

muzzyhunter17
December 12th, 2009, 05:55 PM

Once again your true IQ comes into play every post you put on this thread....IM sure there is a reason you WERE a deputy sheriff "back in the day"......yet you arent anymore.....YOU ARE LEGAL TO CARY LOADED FIREARMS WHEN ON THE FORCE....You know for self defense and stuff........Its people like you that make law's like they are, You think it can't happen to you until it does one day, But you know all this already....:confused:

kenmack
December 12th, 2009, 06:02 PM
I suppose, if we don't want any accidental shootings, we should outlaw leaning a gun against a tree, or a wall for that matter as it "might fall over and discharge". Personally, I like to lean my uncased gun against my truck tire nesting the barrel into a tread groove more than laying it on the ground or leaning it anywhere else. I also like to lay it on the tailgate. Moving loaded guns in and out of a vehicle's passenger compartment is a recipe for disaster, but where is the study showing that the mere act of unloading guns around a vehicle is any less hazardous? I hunt alone and would like to lean my gun anywhere I deem to be the safest and secure whether it is against my tire, against a tree or across my truck seat. If you want to outlaw road hunting then make a law against it. If you want to outlaw accidental discharges while stowing a gun in a vehicle, then make it against the law to stow a loaded gun in a vehicle, but setting your gun down in a manner that keeps it clear, clean and steady should not be against the law. Watch you muzzle. Simple enough.

gameday
December 12th, 2009, 06:10 PM
A gun is more likely to discharge while being handled than while leaning against a stationary object. Maybe it should be illegal for anyone to hold a gun (sarcasm). It's against the law to lean a loaded gun that is on safety against certain objects, but it's not against the law to throw a loaded gun that isn't on safety on the ground. Stupid is as stupid does, and there will always be idiots. Laws that regulate common sense are not needed in my opinion.

muzzyhunter17
December 12th, 2009, 06:10 PM
I suppose, if we don't want any accidental shootings, we should outlaw leaning a gun against a tree, or a wall for that matter as it "might fall over and discharge". Personally, I like to lean my uncased gun against my truck tire nesting the barrel into a tread groove more than laying it on the ground or leaning it anywhere else. I also like to lay it on the tailgate. Moving loaded guns in and out of a vehicle's passenger compartment is a recipe for disaster, but where is the study showing that the mere act of unloading guns around a vehicle is any less hazardous? I hunt alone and would like to lean my gun anywhere I deem to be the safest and secure whether it is against my tire, against a tree or across my truck seat. If you want to outlaw road hunting then make a law against it. If you want to outlaw accidental discharges while stowing a gun in a vehicle, then make it against the law to stow a loaded gun in a vehicle, but setting your gun down in a manner that keeps it clear, clean and steady should not be against the law. Watch you muzzle. Simple enough.

Your gun wont discharge if it isint loaded in the first place, Back when i gun hunted I wouldent load it until I was in the feild away from my rig a ways, And it is already illegal in most states to shoot from a roadway...or "roadhunt" as you said....also it is illegal in a few states to carry a loaded firearm in a vehicle.....The point is having a LOADED gun where it isin't necessary, Like in the truck, when you couldent use it even if you wanted to.....it should be loaded and unloaded responsibly, which doesen't include in a vehicle .....Just another opinion of mine i suppose.

kenmack
December 12th, 2009, 06:13 PM
Sounds just like mine.

muzzyhunter17
December 12th, 2009, 06:16 PM
Sounds just like mine.

Well good we have a agreement

CamG
December 12th, 2009, 06:22 PM

How dare they get a ticket for doing something ILLEGAL. The nerve of these LEO's. :rolleyes:

carmanusa
December 12th, 2009, 06:23 PM

apparently someone has been on the receiving end one too many times (i assume-as you have of the others here who were not even listed in the original post)

mobowhntr
December 12th, 2009, 06:25 PM
Once again your true IQ comes into play every post you put on this thread....IM sure there is a reason you WERE a deputy sheriff "back in the day"......yet you arent anymore.....YOU ARE LEGAL TO CARY LOADED FIREARMS WHEN ON THE FORCE....You know for self defense and stuff........Its people like you that make law's like they are, You think it can't happen to you until it does one day, But you know all this already....:confused:

I can tell you are just barely out of your teens and still brainwashed. When you get some life experience come back and talk to me. Your right there is a reason why I am not in Law Enforcement anymore and its called crap pay for what you have to put up with, no more no less. And its people like you that makes laws like they are. You need them to protect you from yourself.

muzzyhunter17
December 12th, 2009, 06:30 PM
I can tell you are just barely out of your teens and still brainwashed. When you get some life experience come back and talk to me. Your right there is a reason why I am not in Law Enforcement anymore and its called crap pay for what you have to put up with, no more no less. And its people like you that makes laws like they are. You need them to protect you from yourself.

O neat, you have me all figured out, You are here standing up for the laws and yet you are calling me brainwashed....My whole family is involved in Law enforcement....Uncle and aunt are lawyers,My dad has been a gamewarden for 30 years, I dont know what you do now but I dont consider 30 bucks an hour poor pay......And seeing you cant understand why they have laws like these I guess i can also see the " crap" you were talking about....Its having to enforce those laws isin't it?....I may be barely out of my teen's but i still can understand this kind of thing obviously better than you can:wink:

mobowhntr
December 12th, 2009, 06:36 PM
O neat, you have me all figured out, You are here standing up for the laws and yet you are calling me brainwashed....My whole family is involved in Law enforcement....Uncle and aunt are lawyers,My dad has been a gamewarden for 30 years, I dont know what you do now but I dont consider 30 bucks an hour poor pay......And seeing you cant understand why they have laws like these I guess i can also see the " crap" you were talking about....Its having to enforce those laws isin't it?....I may be barely out of my teen's but i still can understand this kind of thing obviously better than you can:wink:

30 bucks an hour LOL. If I had made that kind of money I would still be doing it for sure. But we were not paid by the hour it was salary and started at 21000. Around 2000 they uped the starting pay to 28000 and since then I am not sure.

carmanusa
December 12th, 2009, 06:38 PM

i appreciate the leo experience and military experience, however i must question the rationale of the circumstances. obviously we can all understand the letter of the law and realize that someone may set their weapon down for a moment, take gloves off, rest, etc. yet going from the post i can only read into it, would like to see the actual article, but it went past this and alcohol was introduced. now regarding your ccw, or tour(s) in iraq, or as a deputy did you have an alcoholic drink in your hand when you leaned your weapon against seat?

muzzyhunter17
December 12th, 2009, 06:40 PM
30 bucks an hour LOL. If I had made that kind of money I would still be doing it for sure. But we were not paid by the hour it was salary and started at 21000. Around 2000 they uped the starting pay to 28000 and since then I am not sure.

OOO Well I guess Oregon's a little different then...oops

mobowhntr
December 12th, 2009, 06:47 PM
i appreciate the leo experience and military experience, however i must question the rationale of the circumstances. obviously we can all understand the letter of the law and realize that someone may set their weapon down for a moment, take gloves off, rest, etc. yet going from the post i can only read into it, would like to see the actual article, but it went past this and alcohol was introduced. now regarding your ccw, or tour(s) in iraq, or as a deputy did you have an alcoholic drink in your hand when you leaned your weapon against seat?

No I didnt. I am not arguing this guys case we all know alcohol and guns dont mix. I am just saying that leaning a loaded rifle against something is not as big of a deal as some are making it.

deerhuntinfool
December 12th, 2009, 06:50 PM
i think we are becoming a police state. just saw on the news that they installed a camera on a Dallas Texas intersection which generated 1 million dollars in fines in it's first year?
we have become a society of people who fear our Gov because we know they are watching and ready to pounce, heck i'm scaring myself by just writing this post???

My thoughts exactly...

King Country
December 12th, 2009, 06:51 PM
Do you mean chambered, or loaded and ready to fire?

junglerooster1
December 12th, 2009, 06:53 PM

maine has the same regs.

RNT
December 12th, 2009, 06:55 PM
apparently someone has been on the receiving end one too many times )

Actually.........no.

With the exception of a few moving violations throughout my life I havent had to many "violations". More along the lines of being mistreated within respects to my rights more so than citations.

Dont worry my views wont change a thing in respects to the system. What I have impressed here are just my views and opinions.:wink:

mobowhntr
December 12th, 2009, 06:56 PM
A gun is more likely to discharge while being handled than while leaning against a stationary object. Maybe it should be illegal for anyone to hold a gun (sarcasm). It's against the law to lean a loaded gun that is on safety against certain objects, but it's not against the law to throw a loaded gun that isn't on safety on the ground. Stupid is as stupid does, and there will always be idiots. Laws that regulate common sense are not needed in my opinion.

Here is some common sense at work. Thank You

mobowhntr
December 12th, 2009, 06:58 PM
Do you mean chambered, or loaded and ready to fire?

King, either one of those are the same thing. If you have a round chambered it is in the barrel and ready to fire.

RNT
December 12th, 2009, 06:59 PM

:rolleyes:......that is one hell of a loaded post.........take care.:zip:

poacherjoe
December 12th, 2009, 06:59 PM
Well I can see that no one has ever leaned a loaded gun against a tree or something while doing something else.:secret:These guy's had just got back to camp on a very hot day! He normally would have unloaded the gun but he chose to lean it against the seat .The gun was on the ground leaning into the truck with the safety on.There were no dog's or kids around.
They were not drunk,It all happened very quickly he was going to crack open a beer ,take a drink and go start putting things like the gun and gear away when the warden appeared.Man I would have thought that the warden would give them a warning not a ticket!
When you go bird hunting how many of you make sure that the gun and ammo are seperate or locked up seperatly?Tell the truth,:eek:The law in Kalifornia states this.I spoke with a sheriff about this and he said he would have issued a warning not a ticket.He also said that the reason the warden did what he did was that they need money because of the financial crisis this state is in!

muzzyhunter17
December 12th, 2009, 07:01 PM

The only difference is this----Ones a law and the other is common sense, What hunter will purposely throw a gun on the ground? Or maybe they just give people more credit then they deserve:)

King Country
December 12th, 2009, 07:03 PM
King, either one of those are the same thing. If you have a round chambered it is in the barrel and ready to fire.

Just seeing if we are on the same page, local regs are it's ok to have a round chambered when in the hunting area (one up the spout, but bolt up/out), but can only be loaded (ready to fire, regardless of safety switch) when ready to fire. If a round is chambered and the rifle can't go off, then having it leaning up against a vehicle isn't a real problem. But if the rifle is loaded and ready to shoot, then not only is it dangerous, but why are people walking around with a fully loaded weapon? This is how stupid accidents happen.

NocBuster
December 12th, 2009, 07:08 PM
Am I the only one who noticed the OP's username?? (pocherjoe)!!!

mobowhntr
December 12th, 2009, 07:13 PM
Just seeing if we are on the same page, local regs are it's ok to have a round chambered when in the hunting area (one up the spout, but bolt up/out), but can only be loaded (ready to fire, regardless of safety switch) when ready to fire. If a round is chambered and the rifle can't go off, then having it leaning up against a vehicle isn't a real problem. But if the rifle is loaded and ready to shoot, then not only is it dangerous, but why are people walking around with a fully loaded weapon? This is how stupid accidents happen.

A loaded gun is only dangerous in the wrong hands. Thats why we need education and not idiot laws. These are my opinions and if someone doesnt like them tough.

gameday
December 12th, 2009, 07:15 PM
Muzzyhunter17, along your line of thinking then, once something becomes a law it ceases to be common sense? Not every situation is black and white. There can be shades of gray. This is when common sense should come in to play.

hooks
December 12th, 2009, 07:18 PM
Am I the only one who noticed the OP's username?? (pocherjoe)!!!

Careful.....he's under cover!:secret::wink:

bowtech_john
December 12th, 2009, 07:29 PM
True story-2 guy's went hunting in the mountains here in Kalifornia and when they got back to CAMP

(CA PC 12031 (l) Nothing in this section shall prevent any person from having a
loaded weapon, if it is otherwise lawful, at his or her place of
residence, including any temporary residence or campsite.)

one of the hunters opened his truck door and leaned his rifle against the seat.That's contact with the ground and the barrel touching the seat.Then they proceded to have a cold beer and the warden drives up.

If this happened to the OP I would bring it back to court.
So much for the Fish and Foul, the DA or the liberal Judge following the letter of the law! It is about revenue. A firearm placed against a vehicle is NOT "IN " a vehicle. I've have had enough run in's with the little bureaucrats I find that you have to actually show them the written law to get them off your back. Including the Judge!
I've learned in my short years of life, NEVER TRUST AN OFFICER OF THE LAW, AND NEVER TRUST AN ELECTED OFFICIAL!

wicked1Joe
December 12th, 2009, 07:32 PM
Thats unsafe at best, when your done hunting the guns get unloaded.

marty

I agree...:)

herbertcj
December 12th, 2009, 07:33 PM
It was illegal to lean the loaded firearm onto the vehicle. Disagreeing with the law doesn't mean you can ignore it. I think I can handle driving 80 miles an hour, but if I get pulled over i would find it hard to believe anyone would defend me from THAT ticket. How many people drive faster than the speed limit? How many feel that it is ok and that we can handle it? How many people lose control and crash because of it? The law is the law regardless if we agree with it, the officers will enforce it. Don't like it? Get the law changed. If you choose to not abide by the law, you also choose to accept the punishment if your caught. It's called taking responsability. So Speed, Jaywalk or lean a loaded rifle against a vehicle, but if you are ticketed, don't B*#%&, Take it like a man.:wink:

sawtoothscream
December 12th, 2009, 07:49 PM
idk. sounds unsafe.

guns and beer dont mix imo.

once im done hunting the bullets come out.

Horizontal Hunt
December 12th, 2009, 07:54 PM

Happens here on a regular basis every year. Leaning a loaded gun against the car period will get you the same ticket here. Lean it against a tree next time.

FWIW loaded weapons and beer are not a good combination either.

Bob

12bhunting
December 12th, 2009, 07:58 PM
dam fellas if you do not keep a loaded rifle in your truck how are you gonna shoot deer on the way home after a couple beers?

gameday
December 12th, 2009, 08:09 PM
Hey 12bhunting, if you'll just drive off into the field and chase em with your truck you can get close enough to shoot em with a pistol. Just make sure you shoot until empty so you don't get a ticket for laying down a loaded gun. Shorter drag this way also.

twisted1600
December 12th, 2009, 09:19 PM

?
Exactly what was he sighted for?
A rifle leaning against the truck or having a loaded firearm in the truck?

Your the one who calls yourself "twisted"........enough said.:zip:

My twisted 1600....

She's my .....

Disclaimer:The user name "twisted" or "twisted1600" in no way reflects my thoughts or beliefs about federal,state or local government,including law and the enforcement of law.The user name "twisted" or "twisted1600" in no way reflects a bias towards any religious affiliation,racial or ethnic background,or my personal views on life,liberty and the pursuit of happyness.Further the name "twisted" or "twisted1600" contrary to what some may assume is in no way an indicator of my mental state.
It just so happens that when you sign up here they want you to provide them with a name.The name "TheChoosenOne" was already in use so....

twisted1600
December 12th, 2009, 09:39 PM
Muzzyhunter17, along your line of thinking then, once something becomes a law it ceases to be common sense? Not every situation is black and white. There can be shades of gray. This is when common sense should come in to play.
And we all need to remember this "shade of gray" is not for the enforcement officer to sort out.They enforce the law as written....in glorious black and white!

The judge and or jury may allow themselves to see those shades...depending on the evidence presented to them.

We accept the law or change the law...if you spend your life like a hillbilly with his head up his azz and ignore the law...plan on paying for it!

poacherjoe
December 12th, 2009, 09:50 PM
Loaded firearm in truck!!

mobowhntr
December 12th, 2009, 09:54 PM

NO WAY! Ticking time bomb waiting to explode. Run away as fast as you can and call the Law immediately.

solohunter
December 12th, 2009, 10:13 PM
Sad that there quite a few guys here who have forgot or were never taught basic gun safety. When I used to shotgun huntfirst thing I would do upon arriving at my atv was unload gun(show clear) and secure it in gun rack without fail. I know I am not an attorney but these guys could have won their case....by not breaking the law, regardless of their opinion of it....oh and for the Iraq "vet"...there is a BIG difference between hunting in California and serving in a combat zone.....Solohunter

elecshoc
December 12th, 2009, 10:34 PM
So the guy chooses opening a beer over making sure his gun is unloaded. Hmm I don't know maybe now next time he'll unload his rifle before he opens his beer.

bowtech_john
December 12th, 2009, 10:57 PM

Let me get this straight, you were in an actual " camp " ? Tent, RV, or whatever and were asked to see your license and tags, etc. while at said campsite?

kenmack
December 12th, 2009, 11:08 PM
I would hate to get a ticket for arriving at my truck, dropping the tailgate and laying down my rifle in the bed, or leaning it on a tire, while I dropped my pack and pulled off my hat and gloves. I would expect a ticket if I had a loaded gun pointing into the passenger compartment while getting beers and stowing equipment with a companion present.

Dchiefransom
December 12th, 2009, 11:24 PM
I think he shoulda read the regs! Got what he deserved!

When I lived out there I was SHOCKED to find that driving while hunting with a loaded firearm was legal, AS LONG AS THE CHAMBER WAS EMPTY! Now it's been six years since I lived there so the laws might have changed.

But here in Wisconsin, unless the firearm is completely unloaded, NO rounds in or ON the gun, and in a case, not allowed in or on any vehicle, car, truck, ATV or snow machine. Lean a empty BB gun against the door or on the tailgate you're gonna get busted!!

That's what the F&G Code says. According to the Penal Code, you cannot have any rounds in the gun. A hunter could be cited under the Penal Code.

In another incident, covered in Western Outdoor News, a man laid his loaded rifle on the hood of his vehicle, and received a ticket for it. It's time to start unloading firearms as we get near our vehicles, not after we get there.

gameday
December 12th, 2009, 11:28 PM
Twisted1600 I'm not a hillbilly nor is my head up my azz (I'll use your spelling). You say the "shade of gray" is not for officers to sort out, but in a way that's exactly what they do every day. Every officer I know, and I know many, has certain laws that they don't enforce. Whether it's ignoring tint that is too dark, or letting people drive 5 mph over the limit, or not using turn signals. In Idaho it's against the law to ride a merry-go-round on Sunday. In Pocatello, Idaho it's against the law to frown at an officer. It's written in black and white. How often do these get enforced. Officers decide every day which laws they want to enforce. In 100 or 200 years people are going to look back at some of the laws we have today and wonder what we were thinking. My point is that I don't think we need to write a new law every time someone does something stupid or has a accident. I read a story about a man who used a .22 shell in instead of a buss fuse in his old truck and guess what, he got shot in the knee. Do we really need to make it illegal to put bullets in fuse boxes because of this one idiot? I don't think so, but you're entitled to your opinion.

bullelk1
December 13th, 2009, 12:16 AM
I thought the same thing, Hooks. A guy named Poacher Joe complaining about his homies getting ticketed for having a loaded gun in the vehicle while they were drinking a beer. Hummm.....

Wappkid
December 13th, 2009, 01:33 AM
CA is a communist broke state that will do what ever they have to do to turn a buck.I am an owner operator who owns and drives my own truck.CA DOT is like Hitlers 3rd Reich army right now running around harassing truck drivers .They made it illegal to idle a truck more than 5 min.Its a 350$-700$ fine.But you can idle a truck all night if you have a pet. Now how butt backwards is that.As for the topic they will do whatever it takes to give you a ticket because thier job is on the line.

Jfriesner
December 13th, 2009, 01:55 AM
As far as this particular instance goes, they broke the law so they deserve the ticket. Far as the existence of that law-In a liberal nation people will always be willing to trade freedom for safety.

Christopher67
December 13th, 2009, 02:23 AM

:thumbs_up:thumbs_up

pointysticks
December 13th, 2009, 02:39 AM
man, i dont even hike with a round in the chamber..i push my first round into the magazine, and push the bolt closed, OVER the live round. the wardens may have seem to have acted harshly, but an extreme accident can only be prevented by extreme caution..i dont take chances with my hunting partner's safety...

leaning a loaded gun on any vehicle is not safe.

Blackhawkhunter
December 13th, 2009, 06:29 AM
When it comes to firearms, safety not beer should always come first.

donn92
December 13th, 2009, 06:36 AM
any law that seems stupid is just like the warning lables on a toaster that says do not use in a bath tub some idiot did sued somebody and won so they have to warn you i read an artical where a hunter was shot by his dog not to long ago the hunter puthis gun against the truck dog ran by hit the gun it feel and went off I am for any law that makes hunting safer but if we all had commonsense we wouldnt need stupid laws

muzzyhunter17
December 13th, 2009, 06:48 AM

It should be common sense to follow the laws don't you think?

deer16pt
December 13th, 2009, 08:13 AM
Sorry but thats the wrong time to have a beer. Unload the gun, put it in the case, Take it home, put it away and have your beer.

That may have been the reason he wrote you.

It's called poor judgement and thats what you did!

Alcohol and weapons don't mix no matter how little.

Lastly with a name like "poacherjoe" I can't take anything you post very seriously. The whole thing is just too suspect. I think you're just trolling.

tutone500
December 13th, 2009, 08:38 AM
In washington state it almost happened to me, I leaned my rifle against the outside of the truck (not inside) and the game wardon saw it. He told me if it contacts the vehicle in anyway it is consider in the vehicle. He atleast just gave me a warning. I wasn't drinking and dont drink

RNT
December 13th, 2009, 11:32 AM
?
Exactly what was he sighted for?
A rifle leaning against the truck or having a loaded firearm in the truck?

My twisted 1600....

She's my .....

Disclaimer:The user name "twisted" or "twisted1600" in no way reflects my thoughts or beliefs about federal,state or local government,including law and the enforcement of law.The user name "twisted" or "twisted1600" in no way reflects a bias towards any religious affiliation,racial or ethnic background,or my personal views on life,liberty and the pursuit of happyness.Further the name "twisted" or "twisted1600" contrary to what some may assume is in no way an indicator of my mental state.
It just so happens that when you sign up here they want you to provide them with a name.The name "TheChoosenOne" was already in use so....

LMAO at your disclaimer..........setting aside all of our opinions.........that bike is ............SWEET!!!!!!!!!! Have a good day and a safe ride!!!!!!!!

RNT
December 13th, 2009, 11:36 AM
CA is a communist broke state that will do what ever they have to do to turn a buck.I am an owner operator who owns and drives my own truck.CA DOT is like Hitlers 3rd Reich army right now running around harassing truck drivers .They made it illegal to idle a truck more than 5 min.Its a 350$-700$ fine.But you can idle a truck all night if you have a pet. Now how butt backwards is that.As for the topic they will do whatever it takes to give you a ticket because thier job is on the line.

ALL non victim crimes are just purely for revenue and control.......nothing more.

Big Country
December 13th, 2009, 11:44 AM
ALL non victim crimes are just purely for revenue and control.......nothing more.

I understand this will fly in the face of your clearly anti-establishment stance:wink:, but as soon as the government made it against the law for me to pound manners into my fellow man, laws were needed to structure mannerly behavior.:darkbeer:

In the case mentioned by the OP........size of the buck is irrelevant, violating game laws deserves a fine. Farmers are not any more important than any other working member of our society, nor should they be exempt from following the rules that the rest of us must live by. Special rules that allow farmers to kill more animals than regular licensed hunters are fine if they take game management into consideration, but that obviously was not the case here, or there would have been no fine.

RNT
December 13th, 2009, 11:46 AM
It should be common sense to follow the laws don't you think?

NO.....common sense, as you call it, has nothing to do with anything. I may follow the laws just for the basic sense of self preservation from financial or physical assault from sociopaths enforcing these non violent/victimless laws or known as malum prohibitum.

So long as you and others think all laws are constitutional or based in "right" then you all should just sign away any remaining speck of any liberties you may have left. Soon those will be turned into privileges and limited/restricted as well.

After all give any rediculous law time and you will see the "common sense" in that too.:pukey:

RNT
December 13th, 2009, 11:50 AM
I understand this will fly in the face of your clearly anti-establishment stance:wink:, but as soon as the government made it against the law for me to pound manners into my fellow man, laws were needed to structure mannerly behavior.:darkbeer:

How ya been buddy???? Naw not "anti establishment" per say just would like to see liberty restored and a truely constitutionaly controlled government reinstated on all levels.

By the way "pounding manners" into someone is a crime, that creates a victim!!!!:wink: Not saying I havent or felt like doing that at times either!!!!!:wink::wink:

Hey on a side note how has hunting been going for you this year?

Big Country
December 13th, 2009, 11:56 AM
How ya been buddy???? Naw not "anti establishment" per say just would like to see liberty restored and a truely constitutionaly controlled government reinstated on all levels.

By the way "pounding manners" into someone is a crime, that creates a victim!!!!:wink: Not saying I havent or felt like doing that at times either!!!!!:wink::wink:

Hey on a side note how has hunting been going for you this year?

I woke up again this morning.....so life is good!:)

Season started out great....some excellent elk hunting, followed by my first trip to Africa.:darkbeer:

Sadly, I have yet to catch up with work since then, but I am getting close, and hope to do a bunch of late season hunting.

How `bout you?:)

hooks
December 13th, 2009, 12:16 PM

In the case mentioned by the OP........size of the buck is irrelevant, violating game laws deserves a fine. Farmers are not any more important than any other working member of our society, nor should they be exempt from following the rules that the rest of us must live by. Special rules that allow farmers to kill more animals than regular licensed hunters are fine if they take game management into consideration, but that obviously was not the case here, or there would have been no fine.

What Buck? What farmer? :wink:

Big Country
December 13th, 2009, 12:23 PM
What Buck? What farmer? :wink:

:doh:

Been reading all these threads and trying to stay out of them. Guess I replied to the wrong thread.:D

OK, lets try to address this topic......:wink:

Laws vary from state to state. In my home state, it is indeed illegal to have a loaded weapon in a vehicle.(without a permit)

It is also illegal to lean a loaded weapon against the outside of a vehicle. While I dislike more laws, this is an old law here, and a good one. Too many accidents with loaded guns falling and discharging. In some cases, stupid people need to be protected from themselves.....especially when their stupidity revolves around a weapon that is capable of killing a non-stupid bystander.

Hooks, if you are not busy today, please kinda follow me around and keep me on the correct topic.:wink:

hooks
December 13th, 2009, 12:44 PM
:doh:

Been reading all these threads and trying to stay out of them. Guess I replied to the wrong thread.:D

OK, lets try to address this topic......:wink:

Laws vary from state to state. In my home state, it is indeed illegal to have a loaded weapon in a vehicle.(without a permit)

It is also illegal to lean a loaded weapon against the outside of a vehicle. While I dislike more laws, this is an old law here, and a good one. Too many accidents with loaded guns falling and discharging. In some cases, stupid people need to be protected from themselves.....especially when their stupidity revolves around a weapon that is capable of killing a non-stupid bystander.

Hooks, if you are not busy today, please kinda follow me around and keep me on the correct topic.:wink:

You'll do fine!!:wink:

I was in the parking lot of a shopping center leaning up against the front fender of my truck, drinking a beer that I had just purchased in the super market. A city police officer rolls up and gave me the riot act about drinking and driving and open container in the vehicle. I said I wasn't driving or in the vehicle. He said you were leaning against the truck and that was in or about a vehicle and the only reason he wasn't going to cite me was because he just got another emergency call and he took off. I'm going... what the....? In or about? :confused:

So I can see the ticket for a gun leaning against a vehicle...at least from my experience.

HabitatPro
December 13th, 2009, 12:49 PM
My take:

1) GW did good, hunters were morons.
2) California is what it is becuause those people who dwell there vote the oddest collection of malcontents and wackjobs into office.
3) Self inflicted dumb is fine with me. I just wish we could reject the ones they inflict on the rest of us. Babs Boxer and Nan Pelosi. Perfect examples.

RNT
December 13th, 2009, 12:50 PM
I woke up again this morning.....so life is good!:)

Season started out great....some excellent elk hunting, followed by my first trip to Africa.:darkbeer:

Sadly, I have yet to catch up with work since then, but I am getting close, and hope to do a bunch of late season hunting.

How `bout you?:)

:mg: dude you got me drooling with your basic hunt and Africa?????? sheez that is a dream to me!!!!!!!!! Way to go buddy, its good to see people going out and doing those things.

My season started out great and then went straight to hell after that!!!!:eek: To add insult to injury I had about 30 acres that belonged to my wifes uncle that was pretty much all mine for about 3 years and he just sold it :sad:. I have taken some good deer and turkey out of there and it was within 30 minutes of my home!!!!! Now I have to go and knock on some doors this year to find some new land.

I am seeing deer but getting on top of them on this new land is tough!!!!

Big Country
December 13th, 2009, 12:53 PM
You'll do fine!!:wink:

I was in the parking lot of a shopping center leaning up against the front fender of my truck, drinking a beer that I had just purchased in the super market. A city police officer rolls up and gave me the riot act about drinking and driving and open container in the vehicle. I said I wasn't driving or in the vehicle. He said you were leaning against the truck and that was in or about a vehicle and the only reason he wasn't going to cite me was because he just got another emergency call and he took off. I'm going... what the....? In or about? :confused:

So I can see the ticket for a gun leaning against a vehicle...at least from my experience.

I got one almost as good.........I was 19 years old and got pulled over by a local policeman. He tickets me for driving on the wrong side of the road. I was not, so I went to court. In front of the magistrate the officer tells the magistrate that I was across the centerlines on the road. My reply was that their are no painted lines on that road......the officer says that there are "imaginary lines"!:eek:

That story is 100% true:D I look at the magistrate in shock and say......"did you hear that"?

Case dismissed.....:darkbeer:

popestev
December 13th, 2009, 12:59 PM

Yup x2 on that one I did a 25yr stint there my self, I won't willingly go back.

SunRiverMan
December 13th, 2009, 01:48 PM
Fish and Game Officers look for violations. That's just the way it is. I try hard to follow the law, so I don't have allot of sympathy here. Put the guns away before you start drinking. SRM

twisted1600
December 14th, 2009, 12:49 PM
LMAO at your disclaimer..........setting aside all of our opinions.........that bike is ............SWEET!!!!!!!!!! Have a good day and a safe ride!!!!!!!!

Thanks.You have a good day also:)

ElmerFudd20
December 14th, 2009, 01:08 PM
Crazy, but its the law and if you read the PA game book its plain as day on page 16 under Loaded Firearms Vehicles "It is unlawful to have a loaded firearm in, on or against any motor vehicle, regardless of whether the vehicle is moving or stationary"

Right from the PA digest....read this line every year

ElmerFudd20
December 14th, 2009, 01:09 PM
What if you have a concealed weapons permit? Thats allows you to have a loaded firearm in your car????????????????

carmanusa
December 14th, 2009, 01:11 PM
What if you have a concealed weapons permit? Thats allows you to have a loaded firearm in your car????????????????

may have to look into what the state allows under ccw, not sure a rifle would apply.

twisted1600
December 14th, 2009, 01:26 PM
Twisted1600 I'm not a hillbilly nor is my head up my azz (I'll use your spelling). You say the "shade of gray" is not for officers to sort out, but in a way that's exactly what they do every day. Every officer I know, and I know many, has certain laws that they don't enforce. Whether it's ignoring tint that is too dark, or letting people drive 5 mph over the limit, or not using turn signals. In Idaho it's against the law to ride a merry-go-round on Sunday. In Pocatello, Idaho it's against the law to frown at an officer. It's written in black and white. How often do these get enforced. Officers decide every day which laws they want to enforce. In 100 or 200 years people are going to look back at some of the laws we have today and wonder what we were thinking. My point is that I don't think we need to write a new law every time someone does something stupid or has a accident. I read a story about a man who used a .22 shell in instead of a buss fuse in his old truck and guess what, he got shot in the knee. Do we really need to make it illegal to put bullets in fuse boxes because of this one idiot? I don't think so, but you're entitled to your opinion.

What we need is an amendment to the Constitution.

"Though we as Americans are allowed certain liberties and entitled to certain rights,we will not for the sake of discussion or argument mix apples and oranges.In doing so we represent ourselves as having a complete lack of knowledge with reguards to fruit.In the best interest of all Americans, be it known from this day foward:Apples go in one box and oranges go in another".

:wink:
Remind me to stay out of Pocatello!

bowtech_john
December 14th, 2009, 01:54 PM
may have to look into what the state allows under ccw, not sure a rifle would apply.

Out here in CA your CCW is invalid if you are :darkbeer:. Sorry to say, I've been there.

turkeykiller22
December 14th, 2009, 03:03 PM
what should have happened, happened.

Arrow H
December 14th, 2009, 04:48 PM

Right on :thumbs_up, what good is it if it isnt loaded?

e-manhunt
December 14th, 2009, 04:53 PM
I was taught from the youngest age never to lean a gun against a car --loaded or unloaded, safe or unsafe -- the gun is going to slip and fall.

i don't care if the guy dings up his gun. but i am thinking anyone who is drinking AND leaning the gun against the car might be the type of guy who doesn't have the safety on either.

ebonarcher
December 14th, 2009, 05:05 PM
As far as imaginargy lines on the roads... Yes there are but most people do not get the hazard of driving down a narrow street either down the center or give 10 feet of clearance around a parked car when its a 2 way street.

You are supposed to drive to the right side of the road.
Is putting up red light camera on dangerous intersections mean its a police stae hell no if it means less fatalites due to clowns blowing through intersection because they are in a rush to someplace they could have left 5 mins earlie to get to ontime.

Big Country
December 14th, 2009, 05:11 PM
As far as imaginargy lines on the roads... Yes there are but most people do not get the hazard of driving down a narrow street either down the center or give 10 feet of clearance around a parked car when its a 2 way street.

You are supposed to drive to the right side of the road.
Is putting up red light camera on dangerous intersections mean its a police stae hell no if it means less fatalites due to clowns blowing through intersection because they are in a rush to someplace they could have left 5 mins earlie to get to ontime.

I agree that driving on the wrong side of the road is dangerous.:)

I wasn`t though. The officer never had any intention of pulling me over until we met at a red light. We were opposing each other, and he just watched me drive down the hill. When the light turned green he tried to turn left in front of me withOUT using his turn signal and we almost hit. I stopped in time, and shook my head......that got me pulled over.:wink:

nycredneck
December 14th, 2009, 05:27 PM
When your done hunting you unload your rifle, I always did, it's just safer. Especially if I started :darkbeer::darkbeer::darkbeer: :darkbeer:

ebonarcher
December 14th, 2009, 06:03 PM
If you stopped hunting to have a beer you should be done hunting.
As for driving... I am not saying you were on the wrong side, I wasn't there... I do not thing one good thing about the cops in c.a. They are igheaded, arragonet and more.

one night me and a lady friend were sitting in the car on the 1st 50 foot of so called private road that was next to the ca aqueduct talking. This dumb butt cops drove up the road and got out and harrassed us saying he almost ran into us at 60 mph. uhm its a dirt road and if you could not avoid us whom was illegaly speeding ?

I've also know nthey park down the rd from a spot that normally gets black ice and they will wait till a car hits it to ticket them.

Or the best yet is when the freeway had an accident they did not attempt to reroute traffice before getting to the stoppage but did sit in a location to ticket cars trying to turn around and go onto the opposite direction and get out of nthe traffic jam.... Protect and serve their Jobs is about all they do these days as far as traffic goes.

darin1973
December 14th, 2009, 06:44 PM
WOW WHAT HAPPEND TO THE GOOD OLD DAYS just think back when people never unloaded there guns and hell evan slept with then.

zap
December 14th, 2009, 07:23 PM
If you stopped hunting to have a beer you should be done hunting.
As for driving... I am not saying you were on the wrong side, I wasn't there... I do not thing one good thing about the cops in c.a. They are igheaded, arragonet and more.

one night me and a lady friend were sitting in the car on the 1st 50 foot of so called private road that was next to the ca aqueduct talking. This dumb butt cops drove up the road and got out and harrassed us saying he almost ran into us at 60 mph. uhm its a dirt road and if you could not avoid us whom was illegaly speeding ?

I've also know nthey park down the rd from a spot that normally gets black ice and they will wait till a car hits it to ticket them.

Or the best yet is when the freeway had an accident they did not attempt to reroute traffice before getting to the stoppage but did sit in a location to ticket cars trying to turn around and go onto the opposite direction and get out of nthe traffic jam.... Protect and serve their Jobs is about all they do these days as far as traffic goes.

Arnold has to balance the budgt somehow. Tickets bring big revenue.
Here we had a construction zone in town for 6 months and the city got over a quarter mil out of the speeding tickets. Double fine in a work zone and if you pay double the fne it does not go on your liscense. Legalized extortion.

mary