PDA

View Full Version : verticle pin sights

Muzzy61
December 12th, 2009, 07:58 PM
I'm in the market for a new sight after this season.

Does anyone have any experience with verticle pins sights? I've never used one, but kinda like the idea. Any input would be appreciated.

mdewitt71
December 12th, 2009, 08:00 PM
I use the Trophy Ridge 3 pin verticle sights.......
I tried the 5 pin, but it was too many pins for my liking so, I went to the 3 pin model.

Ghost1313
December 12th, 2009, 08:01 PM
I have shot both the Trophy ridge Alpha V3 and the HHA single pin silder. I love the increased sight picture. I settled on the the HHA OL-5019 But it was a real close decision

Scientist
December 12th, 2009, 08:11 PM
I've been bow hunting for 6 years and have always used a vertical pin. Started out with a VBG Proslide, this year I switched to a HHA Optimizer Lite XL, TX-5519, even better. HHA sights are built like tanks, you'll hear a lot of great reviews on them. I love the vertical pins.

cornfedkiller
December 12th, 2009, 08:31 PM
Shot the trophy ridge for a couple years, and I really liked the increased sight picture, and the sight was great for shooting at game and 3D, but it was not very ideal for shooting spots past 20 yards. Since you cant see above and below say your 30 yard pin, its tough to see where you are aiming when you are aiming at a dot. Other than that, it was awesome! With that being said, I went with a spot hogg, and most likely will not go back...

junglerooster1
December 12th, 2009, 08:41 PM
i used them for a number of years switched to MBG but i put my trophy ridge on my daughters bow. i only switched just to try something different i was very pleased with them

billsauk
December 12th, 2009, 08:51 PM
Shot the trophy ridge for a couple years, and I really liked the increased sight picture, and the sight was great for shooting at game and 3D, but it was not very ideal for shooting spots past 20 yards. Since you cant see above and below say your 30 yard pin, its tough to see where you are aiming when you are aiming at a dot. Other than that, it was awesome! With that being said, I went with a spot hogg, and most likely will not go back...

I thought the same thing about the vertical pin sight I had. the post would cover the spot and it's hard to tell where your pin really was on the target.

Grey Haired Bow
December 12th, 2009, 09:16 PM
For several years just used a single vertical pin then started up grading to faster bows, the past 4 years Trophy Ridge 3 pin vertical sights.

I donít use a peep site I have the Compound bow Rifle Sight. Just love it, have improved my groups and added 10 more yards of distance with confidence with the increased sight picture. Also it is teachable; any one can pick up the bow and shoot. My grandchildren are now hooked.

NY911
December 12th, 2009, 09:17 PM
I am a BIG fan of vertical pins!

Death Dealer
December 12th, 2009, 10:15 PM
I was using a 5 pin Trophy Ridge and loved it except for when shooting at the 3D range I noticed if the light was just right my pins would be hard to see and they all looked like one large pin. Only happend once in a while but drove me nuts when it did.

Other than that though I did like em..

dd

cbright
December 12th, 2009, 11:19 PM
I have the Trophy Ridge Micro Matrix 5 pin, it is .19 pins and I really like it I have been shooting with it for about 3 years now.

ravensgait
December 13th, 2009, 12:16 AM
My first vertical sight was a Fine Line way back when. I have the TR Alpha V5 on mine now and really like it.. I don't hunt with my compounds these days but can't see any problem with using one of these vertical sights to hunt with. Randy

ghak99
December 13th, 2009, 12:39 AM
I've been hunting with the 5 pin Matrix for several years now. After pushing it out after the first season to get the pins separated a little more and to get the right peep/housing alignment I couldn't imagine shooting anything else. Every time I pick up a demo bow fitted with a horizontal pin set up I am reminded why I made the switch.

I've been looking at the new vertical Crazy 8 sight as an option on the next bow. If I can get it, or something similar, with the top pins in .19 and the bottom pins in .10 I will be very happy.........after I have it dipped that is.

Muzzy61
December 13th, 2009, 11:38 AM
Thanks to everyone for their input. I think I might give one a try.