PDA

View Full Version : Is there an archery club in NWA?

Cheetahwheelie
December 17th, 2009, 10:47 PM
Is there an archery range/club in NWA? Before I moved to NWA in '95 from Ft. Walton Beach, FL, I was member of an archery club that had a great range out to 50 yards(if I remember right). But the best part was they had a nature trail that had 3D targets set up at various spots, that you could shoot from many different ranges. Very cool.

jna329
December 18th, 2009, 09:33 AM
There is a couple of 3d shoots in the area and a spot tournament or 2 but I dont know of any club. Outdoor America will do spot tournaments occasionally. I have heard that they may do some spots at Ozark Sportsmen in the future. There is a 3d tourny in huntsville each year(cant remember the name). starts after hunting season. There is another 3d tourny around springdale area called thunk-it 3d. I believe there website can give you more info, just do a search for their name. There are several shoots in the fort smith area but I am not familiar with them. There is 1 or 2 places around conway and 1 around eureka springs. Check out 3dshoots.com and they will have some of the 3d in the state listed.

ARBowHuntr
December 18th, 2009, 09:50 AM
Buddy of mine owns Thunk-It and he has done a really great job putting that place together. I don't know of any clubs, but I would definitely reccomend going out there to shoot, or C and J sports in Eureka has a pretty fun little course that is a bit of a challenge.

Cheetahwheelie
December 18th, 2009, 02:28 PM
Cool. Thanks guys. I live in Bella Vista and may see what I could get started up there. The skeet range or the the rifle range would be great places. The rifle range stays pretty empty during the summer. I know they reserve the rifle range for youth shooting groups, so they might would do the same for an archery club. It has all the safety backstops already in place too.

goatranch
December 18th, 2009, 03:11 PM
You can contact C&J Sports on the net. Do a search for Jims site.