PDA

View Full Version : Watching over us

bigdoglanyards
December 19th, 2009, 11:56 PM
At the beginning of archery season I set up 3 arrows to hunt with, labeled them 1 2 3 and placed them in my quiver. I have been fortunate enough to have taken 2 deer so far, the latest just a few weeks ago. Arrow #1 was used on the 1st deer, arrow #2 on the 2nd and now I am on arrow #3. Until just recently I have not been back on stand, work has just not allowed it lately. So, recently I have been able to hunt in the mornings. You know how it is when you hunt in the am. You climb into your stand in the dark, nock an arrow and hang the bow on the hook. Several morning hunts and nota! Nothing! Have not even seen a deer! After drawing a blank this morning I decided to hunt this afternoon. Got into my stand about 2 this afternoon, nock the #3 arrow and just as I am about to hang to bow on the hook I notice that some thing is wrong with that arrow! It is cracked not length wise but around the shaft about 2 inches forward of the fletching. I gave it a slight bend and it snapped! I am not sure what would have happened if I had tried to shoot that arrow but I can’t imagine that it would have ended well for me. Maybe there was a reason I wasn’t seeing anything lately?

Thank you Lord for watching over the stewards of your land…

BeauAR
December 20th, 2009, 02:40 AM
He's looking out for you!

jna329
December 20th, 2009, 05:58 PM
Amen brother!! We should count our blessings everyday and remember all things happen for a reason.

Thanks for the reminder to all of us to always check our equipment each time in and out. I especially try to watch those carbons. Good luck for the afternoon and keep an eye on the equipment.

knighten
December 20th, 2009, 08:48 PM
I seen a picture of a guys arm &hand after an arrow broke not pretty.I had a brand new arrow that was cracked at the nock,good thing i checked them.I took it back and got a new one,i checked it also.Glad to hear you seen the crack before you shot it.

AR_Headhunter
December 22nd, 2009, 08:42 AM
If it were not for God's blessings I would not be here today.