PDA

View Full Version : What Happened to this deer

Hoyt Hunter
December 21st, 2009, 10:16 PM
Ok this evening I wanted to go hunting in the snow, and I was just sorta scouting more than anything cause nothing is really moving much. We just got about 10-16 inches depending on where you step but more along the lines of atleast 12.

So anyway, I checking near a feild where some deer usually like feed. Truding along and I see something just laying up there, was I get closer I know its a deer, all the snow is kicked out from around it, like around its legs, and its just laying there dead. I noticed it had the Scours and green puss around its eyes and looked pretty small considering I was looking at his bases becaues he had both of his antler broken off. He was froze stiff as a board with his head on his side but not a speck of snow on him.

Do you think he just got weak and died or what. Just some ideas and should I report it to the DNR

smakdown
December 21st, 2009, 10:27 PM
I would get ahold of the DNR just in case.

smakdown
December 21st, 2009, 10:28 PM
did you see any kind of hole or anything on the deers head. If puss was around the eyes there was some sort of infection obviously.

Rev. Juan
December 21st, 2009, 10:30 PM
Call the DNR

Hoyt Hunter
December 21st, 2009, 11:54 PM
Well I cant tommorrow unfortunatly but I guess I will get the first thing on Christmas Eve. I seen nothing other than the deer looked abnormially small what is broken off horns said. I guess it had to be more than 1 1/2 because its bases looked to large but then again I never know

Bowhunter110
December 21st, 2009, 11:56 PM
definitely contact dnr

Dthbyhoyt
December 22nd, 2009, 02:41 AM
Call the DNR

Let them look at it