Archery Talk Forum banner

Centre of string for nock ??

511 views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  jim46ok 
#1 ·
I recently picked up a APA MX2 and have been playing with the tuning. Everything is shooting well, but after a little admiring I noticed that my nock point is about 1 1/4" higher then the exact centre of the string. There is room to move my rest and nock down and still maintain clearance.
My question is, would it be more efficient to have the arrow released from as close to centre of the string as possible or does it even matter. I do see the arrow really flexing after the shot but I thought that was just from the speed/cam. Paper tuning is fine, just looking for the best possible set up.... like everyone else.

#2 ·
You are probably pretty close where you are (not in the center of the string). I set my bows up, and the way I was taught was 1/8" above the center of the berger hole. I just measured one of them and it came out pretty close to your measurement at 1-1/4 off of center. That will vary somewhat from bow to bow and how a person sets up his or her bow. If you have a bow square you can check it with a berger hole. Hope this clears it up for you.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.