PDA

View Full Version : Need Muddy Creek WMA Map

ArkansasMystic
December 30th, 2009, 11:20 PM
I've found a new hunting area, but I'm having some issues with the local landowners. I've found signs showing that the land being hunted is part of Muddy Creek WMA (they are posted alongside the road). However, several of the local landowners want to claim that is private land that I have no business being on. They are stating it is owned by a timber company. I've searched the agfc site, but I'm not having much luck finding a map. Do any of you guys know where I can find a map that shows the exact boundaries of the WMA? Thanks!

AR_Headhunter
December 31st, 2009, 07:20 AM
This is all I could find. Hope it helps.
http://www.geostor.arkansas.gov/G6/apps/app_agfc/

Here is the phone # for it to. Maybe they can send you a good map. Phone: 877-478-1043

ArkansasMystic
December 31st, 2009, 08:16 AM
That map shows the entire area as Muddy Creek WMA. I know there is quite a bit of private land in the area, but since this was posted with signs saying Muddy Creek WMA I would think I'm ok. Any others? Thanks again!

swampboss
December 31st, 2009, 09:31 PM
Sounds like they may be feeding you a little BS . The agfc website says the land is Weyerhauser Timber Co. and Forest Service land. The Weyerhauser may now be leased?? Is it painted purple? Call agfc HQ on monday and see if they can get you a updated map.

ArkansasMystic
January 7th, 2010, 06:33 PM
There is a ton of land around painted purple. However, there there are WMA signs, no purple paint. The biggest problem is we want to know what is public and what isn't. We respect their property, but they have no claim or authority to tell us we can't hunt the public land nearby. There will be a block of woods, with a posted sign on one corner. We aren't sure if it is the whole section of just a portion of it that is public.

AR_Headhunter
January 7th, 2010, 08:20 PM
I would call a local warden & have him look into it. I know of other clubs that have tried to control parts of WMA's like they were part of their lease.

hillbillyhunter
July 24th, 2010, 12:09 AM
I know this post is old, but I was doing some research on the internet and came across this post. I wanted to register with the site and try to shed a little light on what was discussed here.

I grew up in Waldron, AR. It is about 20 minutes from Muddy Creek WMA. If you are entering into muddy creek on the first road as you start seeing signs for the WMA (Robinson Creek Road). all the property on the right hand side of the road for quite a ways is in fact privately owned.

If you are entering into Muddy creek through Old Forrester Park, directly south of the park is a good piece of privately owned land in the middle of the WMA. I know it is a bit confusing to find private property in the middle of a WMA. Apparently the homestead was set and maintained prior to the creation of the management area. I know the gentleman that lives there, he is very easy to get along with and will not get too upset unless you get close to his house. :wink:

If you are coming into Muddy Creek from the south side via highway 270 there are scattered pieces of private land through there as well. The people that live on highway 270 can be rather territorial about their property lines.....but for good reason. For years there was a serious problem with poachers on the south side of Muddy Creek.

If you have any questions of concerns about this WMA feel free to message me or e-mail me at cox-adam@hotmail.com. I will be glad to help in any way I can :)

hunt4meat
July 24th, 2010, 09:13 AM
search for R.L. Hankins Mud Creek Upland WMA on AGFC.com