PDA

View Full Version : anybody make kids bows...?

Noobist
January 11th, 2010, 10:19 PM
my kids all shoot really roughly tillered.. well, sticks basically lol. but my oldest is turnign 5 soon and i want to get her a proper bow. she's got the bug already, and she'd be over the moon.
can't find anythign decent at a decent cost anywhere. so is anybody up for it? PM or post, let us know what you'd want for, you know materials, bitof pocket for yourself and postage to NZ... and if the right deal comes along, there'll be three happy people; you, me, and my little girl lol.
cheers.

briarjumper12
January 12th, 2010, 02:24 AM
If your not going to make one, check out Black Rhino bows. I got one for my 4 yr old boy and it is a nice piece of archery tackle for a kid. Wish I'd had something like it when I was a kid. It draws 9lb at 18 in.
I also got a kick butt t/d recurve from Kevin Brown at Herwaybows for my 8 yr old son. It is a work of art. Google him up. Great guy and true craftsman.

stiknstring
January 12th, 2010, 10:09 AM
Man---I am about two or three months out from getting a few kids bows built too. But since I cannot help you out let me suggest also to look up Maddog Pups made by Mike McCredy. They are good sticks and he is a great guy. Each bow even comes with some arrows if I remember correctly.

AKmud
January 12th, 2010, 12:30 PM
Also look at 3Rivers Archery (http://www.3riversarchery.com/Bow+Building+Primitive+Kits_c4 9_s201_p0_thumb.html). They have some "U-finish" type bows that are nearly done, they just need the final tiller check, reduced to your desired draw weight and a finish applied. They run from $100-$160.

str8sh2ter
January 12th, 2010, 09:31 PM
sent for more info. of what you're looking for.:thumbs_up