PDA

View Full Version : Beneficial Planting for nwa

jna329
January 12th, 2010, 01:18 PM
Looking for a hearty, nutritional food supplement for whitetail. Looking for something that will last into the late season and provide an attractant quality as well as being a source of good nutrition. looking for something to put into 2+ acre plots on various tracts that we hunt. Not looking to hang stands on it. looking to provide high quality food to promote herd health on our hunting lands. Suggestions and comments welcome.

Sugar beets
turnips
peas
soybeans

these are some suggestions. give me good and bad on both and what you suggest instead.

emerson
January 12th, 2010, 04:52 PM
the only thing I didn't plant on your list last year was soybeans, but I did plant oats too.

AR_Headhunter
January 12th, 2010, 05:56 PM
Oats are a prime late season draw Jeff. They are what I would recommend for a late season hunting plot.

fishmannyj
January 12th, 2010, 08:05 PM
Turnips and rye have worked well for me in the past.

jna329
January 12th, 2010, 09:45 PM
Oats are a prime late season draw Jeff. They are what I would recommend for a late season hunting plot.
Oats are always on the list. just looking for something else to help out the nutrition and calorie intake.

Turnips and rye have worked well for me in the past.

That is what we were thinking but havent thought of rye.

thanks guys keep em coming.

AR_Headhunter
January 12th, 2010, 09:56 PM
Have you looked at biologic?

jna329
January 12th, 2010, 10:09 PM
I have and I also looked at whitetail institute and a couple others. I like the biologic and such, but the guys land it is going on doesnt think that biologic and such is the way to go. I have some input as it is my cash and time but it is his land. We have discussed the idea of using products such as biologic but he is not convinced yet.