PDA

View Full Version : Easton Flatline vs Easton lightspeeds 3d for hunting?

MOhunter13
January 19th, 2010, 06:43 PM
ok what do you think is a better arrow for hunting? or other under $85

PAkilla86
January 19th, 2010, 06:55 PM
I used Lightspeeds last year for hunting and am currently shooting them for the offseason. I like the shafts they fly great and penetrate pretty well. I shot a doe at 42yds. last year with a hoyt mt sport 60lbs. and a rage 2bld. Didnt get a full pass through but penetrated all the way up to the fletchings and was out the other side, the arrow was in two pieces after recovering deer but im guessing the arrow was smacking trees as it ran. I did break a few others....those were into the backstop or was it into the rocks around the backstop :D Overall I think they are good shafts especially for the price...I will add mine are the regular lightspeeds. Other arrows in that price range to look at would be Gold Tip expedition or XT's, Victory v3's, or a pile of shafts are cheap in the classifieds especially this time of year.

duckmaster46975
January 19th, 2010, 07:35 PM
I used flatlines for the first time last season.They fly well and seem to be fairly durable.

T-Mike
January 19th, 2010, 07:42 PM
I heard Easton stop making the lightspeeds and the flatlines took their place?

geezer047
January 19th, 2010, 07:48 PM
I think they're both the same, one just has a bushing, diff. labels.
Anyway, I shoot a Lightspeed 400, 28 ins, 100 grain point, with glo wraps and a Tracer nock total of 390 grains. Have worked well.
Charlie

JeffB
January 19th, 2010, 08:25 PM
I think they're both the same, one just has a bushing, diff. labels.

This is correct- exact same shafts, different labels. Lightspeeds/LS 3Ds come with uni bushings for G nocks and no inserts/points. Flatlines/Surgicals come with the micro nocks and inserts.

FWIW- these shafts are obviously designed to be direct competitors for the CX Maxima series- exact or within 1/10 grain per inch weights as the similar Maxima spines. Wall thickness' are very similar. Neither shaft (CX or Eastons) with thinner walls like that are terribly durable (especially 400 spine and softer)- but plenty of people hunt with them.