PDA

View Full Version : Traps

dxtbuck002
January 27th, 2010, 07:33 PM
Hey I am new to trapping and am wondering what you guys are doing to trap. I live in Wisconsin and want to try and trap some coyotes...... I plan on taking the course in the spring and would love to trap some animals this year. Please tell me what you guys are doing and post some pics of traps, animals, techniques, etc... Thanks in advance!

300gr
February 5th, 2010, 11:55 PM
I'm planning on some coyote trapping as well. I might even try my hand at some calling. As far as traps are concerned i've heard snares are a tough way to trap. I'm planning on using some jump traps.

John Porter
February 6th, 2010, 11:42 PM
I run a line every yr for mink,coon yotes and bobcat. I only use body grippers and coil spring footholds.

presmyk
February 9th, 2010, 01:08 AM
yotes are born wary and remember you are trying to get them to step on that 2 3 inch circle out of all his territory so make a good set that will keep him interested like a hole set or a good flat set. just make them have to come from the front where they might be able to see a little from behind but not be able to work it. go on you tube and you can see how to do the different sets