Archery Talk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Vermont/Northern NY Archery Shops

4K views 18 replies 6 participants last post by  V.A.S.A 
#1 ·
I have been out of shooting for awhile and have decided to get back into it. I am looking for any shops that are located in Vermont or Northern NY. I live in northern VT, but travel the whole state for work, and can easily go into northern NY. Looking for any stores/ranges with a good selection that I can try out some of the new bows. I know of Pelky's in St. Albans. Any others would be greatly appreciated!!!!

Thanks

#3 ·
Douglas Archery

Check out Jack Douglas's archery shop located in Galway NY. Right off of rt 29 in Galway,....Jack is a great guy and has awesome prices for his archery items. He is well stocked and very knowledgeable. Jack Douglas at Douglas Archery, Galway NY

#4 ·
Shops

If you wanted to cross the other border into NH, LL Cote in Errol, NH has all your major brands and a huge selection. The staff there is awesome to work with. I travel two hours to get there because I think its that worth it! Give em a call

LL Cote

#8 ·
I disagree....

I strongly disagree that R&L are a rip off...***.....They are a great store and well run with fair prices and a knowledgeable staff......I guess there is one in every bunch......Like mommy always says....if you have nothing good to say,,,,,:zip:.......www.:zip:.com try it...it could be a good thing:wink:

#10 ·
R&L Archery In Barre

You should definitely check out R&L in Barre....they are right off the exit to barre on the left.

#12 ·
that would be...C&S Archery...Stephen Ploof Owner....AKA One Eyed bandit....But I must say....they are hardly a good shop....Thats the home of the one eyed bandit. we attended a shoot there and got swindled by the shoot participants and the shop owner/club owner....They have a great range and set up...but they were a very dishonest bunch. Sux. Hard to find a good range and a good shop combo nowadays....I feel very fortunate to have the green Island club..great bunch and very honest people.

#14 ·
Yesturday I went to Elliots in Sheldon. Owner seemed nice and I was able to shoot an X7. I had talked to him on the phone earlier in the week and he told me that he had them in stock and they were $800. Datillio's had them for $740, but I didn't mind paying a little extra if I liked it because I could try it out and get it fit etc easier there. Datillio's is always cramped and really not the friendliest place around. When I arrived at Elliots kjI told him I was looking at the X7 and a couple of Hoyts somewheres else and wanted to try both. He let me shoot the X7 and I did like it. The draw was smooth and basically no after shock. When I went to confirm the price he told me it was $850 because it had the Dead end system on it. Well that was on the one at Datillio's also and I thought it came with the bow and was not an OPTION. I was a bit disappointed in this.

So I left here and went to Pelky's. I spent the better of 3 hours with one of the staff there. I had wanted to try the AM32 and the Turbohawk. They had both, but the turbohawk had to be set up. He set up the TH and let me shoot it while he got the AM32 ready. The TH shot ok, but just felt a bit off. It did not feel as smooth ast he Z7 and was a bit short for me at 28.5. When I shot the AM32 it felt great. Much smoother then the TH and again no aftershock. I asked if there were any other bows comparable to the AM32 that I could try. He suggested the Bowtech Admiral and the PSE AXE 6. I shot the Bowtech and really didn't feel comfortable with it. For some reason the draw just felt ackward and my anchor point was not where I liked it. Finally shot the AXE. This bow felt the best of all the bows that I had shot. Draw was smooth even with the harsher cams. I was using the tuning range so it was short, but I got the axe to group the best even after shooting the other bows a bunch and being a little tired.

I ended up buying the Axe. I have to say that I was impressed with the staff at Pelky's. They spent the better part of the afternoon with me and went the extra mile, even taking a bow out of the box and setting it up for me to get the exact fit(the one on the shelf was like an 1 short). I would definately recommend them to anyone!

#16 ·
Not Slander....(Badboy)

First of all..:rolleyes:.as for the Big Game violation....There were no violations..and why didnt you post the link to thread related to that comment..:thumbs_do..As for the comment....not slander I made regarding the C&S crew..This is archerytalk...I was forewarning any potential consumers..so they could be careful with him. We all had bad dealings with him,,,,, Even if he were here he would not make a comment to defend..:thumbs_do.I brought it up at the R100 right in front of him...while we were all standing there....he hung his head and walked away. And hey..think what ever you want to.....I dont really give a f#%k....That was a pretty crappy comment to make on YOUR behalf towards me...as you DONT know me....or have any facts about ME !!! I know who I am and what I am about. Also..you would note that I was given the ticket by the idiot GW in october...:angry:..I harvested my deer in November..:thumbs_up...So there again..think whatever you like...But next time you post something about me,...tell the whole story..;)..cuz I know I would have done the same for you. Thanks.

Oh and by the way...The states attorney saw it from my point of view ....My case is dismissed.

Look on tomorrows hearings for bennington district court.....NO probable cause !!!! Thanks.

#17 ·
First of all..:rolleyes:.as for the Big Game violation....There were no violations..and why didnt you post the link to thread related to that comment..:thumbs_do..As for the comment....not slander I made regarding the C&S crew..This is archerytalk...I was forewarning any potential consumers..so they could be careful with him. We all had bad dealings with him,,,,, Even if he were here he would not make a comment to defend..:thumbs_do.I brought it up at the R100 right in front of him...while we were all standing there....he hung his head and walked away. And hey..think what ever you want to.....I dont really give a f#%k....That was a pretty crappy comment to make on YOUR behalf towards me...as you DONT know me....or have any facts about ME !!! I know who I am and what I am about. Also..you would note that I was given the ticket by the idiot GW in october...:angry:..I harvested my deer in November..:thumbs_up...So there again..think whatever you like...But next time you post something about me,...tell the whole story..;)..cuz I know I would have done the same for you. Thanks.

Oh and by the way...The states attorney saw it from my point of view ....My case is dismissed.

Look on tomorrows hearings for bennington district court.....NO probable cause !!!! Thanks.
actually the reason i didnt post the link is i didnt think it was anyones else s business but if you wanna make it someone else business fine
brag about it
but i do know when i see someone shooting deer and is givin a citation , i put 2 and 2 together !
as for anyone that wants more info :
http://www.archerytalk.com/vb/showthread.php?p=1056678878&posted=1#post1056678878 :wink:
my whole point in this was NOT to point fingers at people but seems you want me to post a link i figure i ll do you a solid :)
(congrates on getting out of the ticket )

#19 ·
Uneducated and judgemental...

but i do know when i see someone shooting deer and is givin a citation , i put 2 and 2 together !

my whole point in this was NOT to point fingers at people but seems you want me to post a link i figure i ll do you a solid :)
(congrates on getting out of the ticket

That would be Congrats...also. let me tell you that I was not ticketed for taking a deer illegally..2+2=5 ? I did not do anything like that....I was ticketed for transporting the deer wrong. Not a big deal....and very over rated....But hey....thanks for the solid.....I will be sure to return the favor if I should ever get the opportunity....and maybe your two plus two equals five....The ticket was in october.....I harvested My two bucks in November and December. You should have stayed awake in math class. I sure am glad youre not a judge or on a jury...And let me say that 95% of other hunters would have done the same thing in my shoes. I regret it and it is not something I am proud of...But I did it....it was my choice to do what I did...and I took responsibility for it...completely.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.