PDA

View Full Version : Anyone still hunting?

BeauAR
February 1st, 2010, 12:14 AM
Are any of you guys still out there hunting? Any of you hanging it up?

squirrelshooter
February 1st, 2010, 11:33 AM
I went out and did some serious scouting yesterday. I plan on going this afternoon to a spot I have never really hunted on our farm before, but was the only spot absolutely covered up with sign yesterday.

thumper 71913
February 1st, 2010, 09:26 PM
I am still hunting in central Ar. We are still getting pictures on some of the trail cams of a nice buck or two, and lots of small bucks. A few have drop their horns but not all. My yougest grandson still needs to take a deer with his bow, so we will be in the woods this weekend. :wink:

jna329
February 1st, 2010, 10:57 PM
Trying to but cant seem to find much time. Most bucks here seem to be without headgear. The ones still sporting it just arent what I am looking for and its too late in year for me to shoot a doe unless she is young(not bred) or old(not bred). Good luck to all that make it out.

BeauAR
February 1st, 2010, 11:32 PM
I've been hunting Camp Robinson WMA and the AGFC website is saying there have only been 40 deer harvested from that area. It seems low.

swampboss
February 2nd, 2010, 12:40 AM
I've been hunting Camp Robinson WMA and the AGFC website is saying there have only been 40 deer harvested from that area. It seems low.

Where do you go on the agfc site to get the deer harvest for this year? all I can find is 08-09 season.
I hunted one day last week .... zip . I wanted one more doe. I have 1 buck on my trail cam that has dropped his horns. I would be sick to shoot a mature buck with a slick head thinking it was a doe.

bigdoglanyards
February 2nd, 2010, 08:52 PM
Now that duck season is over I will be back on stand for the rest of the month. I still have one more tag to fill and the freezer is getting a little low! I have been getting tons of pics on my cams but most are after dark, 6pm and on... Good luck to all who are still at it.

BeauAR
February 2nd, 2010, 11:29 PM
I might have to try a midday hunt. I know lots of people kill deer between 11am and 3pm. The deer can't stay bedded all day. At least I hope not.

BeauAR
February 2nd, 2010, 11:35 PM
Where do you go on the agfc site to get the deer harvest for this year? all I can find is 08-09 season.
I hunted one day last week .... zip . I wanted one more doe. I have 1 buck on my trail cam that has dropped his horns. I would be sick to shoot a mature buck with a slick head thinking it was a doe.

It's pretty cool. It updates the total harvest daily. You can break it down by county or zone or any number of ways. I found the link on ArkansasHuntingAndFishingForum .com

https://www.ark.org/agfc/gamecheck/reports.php

Today there were 28 deer checked. 24 does, 2 button bucks, 2 antlered.

thumper 71913
February 5th, 2010, 10:16 PM
Most of the deer we are see at this time happens at mid morning all the way up to noon and after. Then again right at sundown.. Does are gathered back up in groups, and the bucks also. Had 6 bucks on the trail cam traveling together earlier this week, and saw a group of 18 does last weekend. Good Luck with everyones late season hunt.

ARBowHuntr
February 8th, 2010, 09:44 AM
Took some time off to duck hunt, but I am back out there now braving the cold with bow in hand. Gonna see if I can't finally get my first kill in the snow this year.

bigdoglanyards
February 18th, 2010, 09:06 PM
Guys, I hunted today from about 3pm till dark. I found a shed on my way in which was kinda cool. I have pics of some really good bucks from this week but looks like they are starting to drop finely. I saw 5 deer tonight, 3 does and 2 small bucks. Did not get a shot at any but it was nice to see them! Any one else still at it?

BeauAR
February 18th, 2010, 11:30 PM
I'm debating on going Sunday.

swampboss
February 18th, 2010, 11:41 PM
It's pretty cool. It updates the total harvest daily. You can break it down by county or zone or any number of ways. I found the link on ArkansasHuntingAndFishingForum .com

https://www.ark.org/agfc/gamecheck/reports.php

Today there were 28 deer checked. 24 does, 2 button bucks, 2 antlered.

Thanks, I did a dozen searches on the agfc site and could not find this.

I noticed that in most of the northern counties more bucks were killed vs does. In most of the southern counties it was about even when you add the button bucks.

TiredArkie
February 19th, 2010, 12:37 AM
The deal with the northern counties probably has a lot to do with having limited days with a firearm to legally take a doe and I don't believe the archery season will make up for that. Just an opinion though.

BTW....I'm done for the year, just can't seem to get the body energized.

soonerman001
February 19th, 2010, 10:22 AM
Im done moving on to 3D
:darkbeer:

willie7018
February 20th, 2010, 08:20 PM
i hunted this morning from 9 til 3 and didn't see a single critter.....

but i did get out of the house and enjoy an afternoon:smile:

fishmannyj
February 20th, 2010, 11:51 PM
Im heading out after a young doe tomorrow! Been seeing lots in the evening just been busy!

xdamagexx
February 22nd, 2010, 12:37 AM
by the time duck season came in i had 2 deer down, so i focused this year more on ducks and haven't been deer hunting since Nov.. im seriously thinkin about hunting a time or 2 more this last week.. why not. I gotta tag.

Arrowhunter
February 22nd, 2010, 02:41 PM
I went for the last time this past weekend, killed a big doe. I'm done till next Oct. This has been one screwed up season for us river bottom hunters with the high water everywhere!