PDA

View Full Version : Name for our group

AR_Headhunter
February 5th, 2010, 01:54 PM
If you are interested in better management for the deer herd in Arkansas & want to be a part of this group then please vote for your choice of a name.

This will be a public poll.

whitewolf1
February 6th, 2010, 12:23 PM
Not sure you could use QDM in the name without issues from QDMA.

Also, I would be apprehensive of stating "better management" eventhough that is the objective. To actually have a productive voice, all language should come from a value add perspective rather than a combative perspective. Just some food for thought.

AR_Headhunter
February 6th, 2010, 06:49 PM
I have not figured out the best way to word our management goals but that is 1 of the things I am working on. I would really like to see those of you who have ideas on this work on your own drafts/proposals as well.

jna329
February 7th, 2010, 10:59 PM
I like the first one and the second. I voted for the stewards because of the quote below. I too, am not sure this wont cause problems. I like the third as a name but spend more time on private land and feel that may create an issue for some.

Not sure you could use QDM in the name without issues from QDMA.

Also, I would be apprehensive of stating "better management" eventhough that is the objective. To actually have a productive voice, all language should come from a value add perspective rather than a combative perspective. Just some food for thought.

jna329
February 7th, 2010, 11:22 PM
I have not figured out the best way to word our management goals but that is 1 of the things I am working on. I would really like to see those of you who have ideas on this work on your own drafts/proposals as well.

On this subject I am just curious - you looking for more of a mission statement or more of a goal to work towards as a group. They can be one in the same but can also be to seperate things. Either way I will work on something and see what you all think. If you like what I have then you all can decide how to use it. Give me a day or two.

jna329
February 8th, 2010, 11:32 AM
one other question -- are we looking at this a deerhunters or as bowhunters? If we are going to do this as a bowhunting group then I feel it will need to be worded a little different. Please let me know what type of organization we are seeking to establish and I will get to work on a goal list as well as a mission statement. I encourage any and all to voice there opinions and ideas. So far we have like 8 guys that have voted. That is not going to do much. We need to find a way to get more people involved.

jna329
February 8th, 2010, 03:48 PM
I dont know if this is something that you all might look at or not. I may be way off, just thought that in general this may be a way to start out. Please feel free to critique and change. All feedback will be appreciated.

----
Our primary goal is to create an open forum, for any and all Arkansas whitetail hunters, to have positive input on all aspects of whitetail management and to implement changes that will be beneficial for the future of whitetail hunting in Arkansas. We would like to create an open, interactive line of communication between all persons that share concerns about Arkansas whitetail and AGFC and other organizations. Land management(public and private), herd health and nutrition, and rule and regulation changes and enforcements will be, but will not be limited too, the primary subjects that we intend to improve and protect. Participation of any and all persons is (with a legitimate concerns to have their concerns, praises, or questions heard and acted upon) is highly recommended. We intend to examine each proposal, in order to find the best course of action to open the lines of communication that will lead to positive change in each and every area/subject.
-----

AR_Headhunter
February 8th, 2010, 04:04 PM
I dont know if this is something that you all might look at or not. I may be way off, just thought that in general this may be a way to start out. Please feel free to critique and change. All feedback will be appreciated.

----
Our primary goal is to create an open forum, for any and all Arkansas whitetail hunters, to have positive input on all aspects of whitetail management and to implement changes that will be beneficial for the future of whitetail hunting in Arkansas. We would like to create an open, interactive line of communication between all persons that share concerns about Arkansas whitetail and AGFC and other organizations. Land management(public and private), herd health and nutrition, and rule and regulation changes and enforcements will be, but will not be limited too, the primary subjects that we intend to improve and protect. Participation of any and all persons is (with a legitimate concerns to have their concerns, praises, or questions heard and acted upon) is highly recommended. We intend to examine each proposal, in order to find the best course of action to open the lines of communication that will lead to positive change in each and every area/subject.
-----

Jeff
Very good post! I agree with everything you have said there! I also believe that to do this properly we would need 2 distinct groups. Those with private land interest & those with public land interest. If done properly we could help private property owners with limited tags with the herd management like on issues of taking excessive does etc.. Thats where my post on the other thread comes into play. We as trophy hunters, meat hunters, or any combination of the above can work together to make things better for all of us. The question is, will we put forth the effort to do it.

AR_Headhunter
February 16th, 2010, 08:55 AM
ttt