PDA

View Full Version : Question to late season archery hunters...

bigdoglanyards
February 6th, 2010, 10:32 PM
This will be the first year I have ever hunted in the month of February. Work had me pretty tied up this fall/winter but now things are starting to slow a little so I am trying to get some time on stand. I have 1 tag left to fill and It can be buck or doe.

Now to the question. Do any of you have a problem with taking a doe this time of the year? I am just not sure how I feel about taking a doe with the posibility of it having been bred and carrying.

I had 4 mature doe hang up at about 45 yards tonight, no shot. I am sure that given the chance I would have let one of them have it! I just got to thinking about it on the way home is all...

I would like to whack this guy

A few does

A few of the guys

Just a few pics for you all to look at. Thanks for looking and please leave me a little feed back.

Bo

AR_Headhunter
February 7th, 2010, 06:53 AM
Bo
I personally try to take a young un-breed doe or a antler buck in late season but thats really your call. IMO there is no difference taking a older doe early or later in the season. I just prefer the younger does for eating.

bigdoglanyards
February 7th, 2010, 07:30 PM
Bo
I personally try to take a young un-breed doe or a antler buck in late season but thats really your call. IMO there is no difference taking a older doe early or later in the season. I just prefer the younger does for eating.

:thumbs_up:thumbs_up:thumbs_up

jna329
February 8th, 2010, 12:10 AM
Same here- especially in late season. I prefer young doe for 2 reasons. She hasnt bred and one less doe in the mix next season. If you can tell that the old doe isnt bred then its up to you but chances are she wont be bred again if not currently. Be careful not to catch a young buck without his headgear! good luck to you.

Jeff