PDA

View Full Version : Mission statement

AR_Headhunter
February 12th, 2010, 08:17 AM
I thought we should give our mission statement it's own thread so everyone would check it out & provide their input. Proof read this & feel free to point out anything you think I might have overlooked.
Jack

Our primary goal is to create an Organization for all Arkansas whitetail hunters & concerned citizens, who are concerned with deer management to have positive input on all aspects of whitetail management and implementation of changes that will be beneficial for the future of whitetail hunting in Arkansas. We would like to create an open, interactive line of communication between all persons that share concerns about Arkansas whitetail management with the AGFC and other organizations.

Our primary concerns are herd health and nutrition, land management concerns (public and private), & rule and regulation changes that would be beneficial to improve and protect the herd health & provide maximum benefit to Arkansas sportsmen. We also encourage all sportsmen to comply with all AGFC regulations & assist wildlife officers in any way possible to curtail poaching across the state.

Participation of any and all persons is highly recommended. We intend to examine each proposal, in order to find the best course of action to open the lines of communication that will lead to positive change in every area/subject related to improvement of whitetail herd health issues, maximum benefit for responsible hunters & enforcement of game laws.

Education of the public about our goals & the benefits to sportsmen & property owners of a properly managed deer herd. Also provide educational materials to people interested in managing their local herd for maximum benefit of the herd & their outdoor experience.

We also recognize private property owners rights & will will work to preserve, protect, & expand those rights as it relates to wildlife management issues.

AR_Headhunter
February 12th, 2010, 07:37 PM
Well do you guys like it or ??? Looking for input be it positive or negative.

Arrowhunter
February 12th, 2010, 10:13 PM
Sounds good! I'm all for it.

bigdoglanyards
February 13th, 2010, 11:47 AM
PM to you Jack

AR_Headhunter
February 13th, 2010, 02:05 PM
Changes implemented per Bo's suggestions as to wording & structure but no content changes. Guys provide input, it will be implemented as long as it fit's the structure of what we are wanting to do.

Our primary goals are to create an organization for all Arkansas whitetail hunters & citizens who are concerned with deer management, and to have a positive input on all aspects of whitetail management and implementation of changes that will benefit the future of whitetail hunting in Arkansas. We would like to create an open and interactive line of communication between all persons that share concerns about Arkansas whitetail management and the AGFC and other organizations.

Our primary concerns are herd health and nutrition, land management concerns (public and private), & rule and regulation changes that would be beneficial to improve and protect the herd health & provide maximum benefit to Arkansas sportsmen. We also encourage all sportsmen to comply with all AGFC regulations & assist wildlife officers in any way possible to curtail poaching across the state.

Participation of any and all persons is highly recommended. We intend to examine each proposal, in order to find the best course of action to open the lines of communication that will lead to positive change in every area/subject related to improvement of whitetail herd health issues, maximum benefit for responsible hunters & enforcement of game laws.

Education of the public about our goals & the benefits to sportsmen & property owners of a properly managed deer herd. Also provide educational materials to people interested in managing their local herd for maximum benefit of the herd & their outdoor experience.

We also recognize private property owners rights & will will work to preserve, protect, & expand those rights as it relates to wildlife management issues.

jna329
February 13th, 2010, 08:14 PM
sounds fine. Might want to remove the double "will" in the last statement before making it permanent:D:D. But it seems fine. Pretty much what we started with only better.

AR_Headhunter
February 13th, 2010, 08:21 PM
sounds fine. Might want to remove the double "will" in the last statement before making it permanent:D:D. But it seems fine. Pretty much what we started with only better.

lol Good idea buddy. You would think as many times as I've read that I would have caught the typo. Does this look better.

Our primary goals are to create an organization for all Arkansas whitetail hunters & citizens who are concerned with deer management, and to have a positive input on all aspects of whitetail management and implementation of changes that will benefit the future of whitetail hunting in Arkansas. We would like to create an open and interactive line of communication between all persons that share concerns about Arkansas whitetail management and the AGFC and other organizations.

We also recognize private property owners rights & will work to preserve, protect, & expand those rights as it relates to wildlife management issues.

jna329
February 13th, 2010, 08:33 PM
better:D:D

bigdoglanyards
February 15th, 2010, 02:31 PM
I would say we let this go the rest of the week and if no one has any other changes we run with it. I talked to my son about setting up the web site and he sais "no problem". My question is this, I was just planning on paying for the domain name if that is ok with everyone? I was just not sure legaly how we needed to go about it. Let me know if anyone thinks this would be a problem. Also need some ideas on exactly what the domain name needs to be.

Jack, I am sending you a quick pm here shortly to get some info togather.

I just wish we didn't have so many dang threads going on this subject. Its getting hard to keep all the info rounded up! (and would be nice if we didn't have all the bs in some of those threads either) :mg:

Thanks to all involved with this so far!

AR_Headhunter
February 15th, 2010, 03:15 PM
Bo
The domain name will be Arkansas Whitetail Stewards according to the vote. I was giving this some thought & would like to see a line under our name like, "Managing recourses today for the future enjoyment of sportsmen". The reason I say resources is because we will not only be managing the whitetail as a species but also managing the land & other recourses like timber, habitat, And other areas which effect our management goals. I believe that you can manage for one species & benefit other species & thats my personal goal.

If anyone does not agree with what I state next then please say so & why. We are all getting involved because we care about the future of our sport & want to see improvements in the way things are done now. We will be focused on Whitetails but our efforts will benefit many other species as well. In providing information for better management of recourses I personally hope to make hunting more enjoyable for myself as well as others.

I have a ton of information ready for dispersal among all of you guys who get involved which hopefully will help educate all of us on many different aspects of management. I also encourage others to share any information you might have which will make us a stronger group. Managing whitetails is about not only improvement of the herd but improvement of habitat as well. The better the habitat then the easier it is in my opinion to manage your local herd. A lot of the information I have ready to give to you guys will go over that in much more detail than I can provide here. I would like to see us all grow to better understand everything involved in the management policy & goals for what each of us wish to do in regards to management of our local herds.

Among us there will be meat hunters, trophy hunters, & people from all areas in between. I believe for us to be truly successful we must acknowledge the goals of each individual & work for the common good of the group as a whole while trying to meet the individual needs of the membership. This is easily done by education of sound management techniques. Those techniques can be molded to fit the needs of individuals, hunting clubs, private property owners, public land hunters, & anyone else concerned with whitetail management.

I could write on this subject for days but I really want to hear input from the rest of you as well.

bigdoglanyards
February 15th, 2010, 04:01 PM
Well said Jack, I agree 100% !