PDA

View Full Version : ripcord questions

jer7440
March 2nd, 2010, 08:04 AM
I was wondering if the new launcher arm with the red over mold will fit on the old ripcord rest?

I was also wondering how I could get the little bar that goes over the arrow...I see you can order the launcher arms on the companies web site, but I didn't see a place to order the containment arm.

Thanks
Jeremy

Cajun83
March 2nd, 2010, 08:18 AM
I was wondering if the new launcher arm with the red over mold will fit on the old ripcord rest?

I was also wondering how I could get the little bar that goes over the arrow...I see you can order the launcher arms on the companies web site, but I didn't see a place to order the containment arm.

Thanks
Jeremy

First question, yes the new launcher arm will fit on the old ripcord rest.

Second question. I would suggest giving ripcord a call and asking them. They are extremely nice folks and will likely help you out with the containment bar problem. :) Their customer service is A+.

AmishArcher
March 2nd, 2010, 08:27 AM
Second question. I would suggest giving ripcord a call and asking them. They are extremely nice folks and will likely help you out with the containment bar problem. :) Their customer service is A+.

+1000
I've called them or emailed them and always got a response the same day.

Also asked them for a new string to attach to the down cable, they sent me the containment bar, 2 new launchers, 3 strings, and all for nothing. I offered to pay, and they sent them out for nothing.

Just call or email CS, they're great.

jer7440
March 2nd, 2010, 08:35 AM
Thanks guys...I'll give that a try!

Viper69
March 2nd, 2010, 10:02 AM
Yes you can use the new launcher. If you buy one from them i bet you may even get a new spring and drop cord for your rest. they are great to deal with.

jer7440
March 2nd, 2010, 10:45 AM
I sent them an email...so now I'm just waiting to hear back. It's great to hear about all the positive customer support. I love the rest and it's good to know that the people behind the product are as good as the product.

J-Daddy
March 2nd, 2010, 11:17 AM
Yeah they are good people to deal with. You can buy the new Code Red launcher for $8 from them and I'm sure you can get the new containment arm from them as well. Very helpfull company when you need something.

Nitro1970
March 2nd, 2010, 11:20 AM
Just wondering as to what the difference is between the old arm and new arm?

Cajun83
March 2nd, 2010, 11:26 AM

The new launcher and containment bar has soft overmolding to dampen the sound of the arrow hitting/sliding across the rest and containment arm.

J-Daddy
March 2nd, 2010, 12:16 PM

yeah the new containment arm has the red overmolding on the bottom side of it incase the arrow hits it so it wont make any noise.

SlimTastic
March 2nd, 2010, 12:23 PM
Emailed them about a month ago to get a replacement containment arm...got an email back within hours...they sent me one right away at no cost!!! Some of the best customer service ever!

jer7440
March 2nd, 2010, 01:16 PM
I just received an email back from Ripcord. They said to go ahead and order the new style launcher arm and then give them a call and they would set me up with the containment arm. They said the new style arm wouldnt fit my old style rest, but they would get me what I need. So....I will get that taken care of today! Great service.

Cajun83
March 2nd, 2010, 02:07 PM
I just received an email back from Ripcord. They said to go ahead and order the new style launcher arm and then give them a call and they would set me up with the containment arm. They said the new style arm wouldnt fit my old style rest, but they would get me what I need. So....I will get that taken care of today! Great service.

Just as I suspected. Nothing but the best service from those folks.

jer7440
March 6th, 2010, 08:05 PM
I ordered my laucher arm on Tuesday and I received the launcher arm and the containment arm on Friday. I love my ripcord even more now!