PDA

View Full Version : bowhunting tv shows

rdj-pencilart
March 6th, 2010, 08:54 AM
A lot of people watch these now to see whatever the woman host is wearing and see if she's pretty.
I only say that because it use to be about
1: learning about how to set your bow up
2: where and how to set your stand up
3: How to get a deer with a bow from a tree.. that's it

Now it seems like we all it to hear the hosts talk and make sure they only take a 150" buck on camera... and make sure the woman host is pretty

I do miss bowhunting shows that just showed the deer from a viewpoint that we saw them from.. now always filming the 'show host' more
for 38 years old I must be too old fasion

zap
March 6th, 2010, 08:57 AM
Your jaded.:wink:

marty

XForce6
March 6th, 2010, 09:13 AM
It's more about the all mighty dollar now and less about the sport.

brn2bwild
March 6th, 2010, 09:26 AM
I agree totally! Me & a buddy of mine were discussing this same subject. A couple of my favorite shows Primos Truth & Campbells Outdoor Challenge, it's something I can relate to. A lot of these other shows just seem to staged with all the different camera angles.

Bean Outdoors
March 6th, 2010, 09:52 AM
$ex sells

FULL-BORE
March 6th, 2010, 09:55 AM
[QUOTE=XForce6;1057229095]It's more about the all mighty dollar now and less about the sport.

Sad but true.

Zhunter1
March 6th, 2010, 10:07 AM
If you really pay attention, you will notice there are a lot more "mini-advertisements" being sold for the shows sponsors during the show than there is "sex" or the hottie of the show.

tannman
March 6th, 2010, 10:13 AM
Funny me and the wife were just talking about that last night, watching bow madness. Its also bugs me that the guys on these TV shows like Mathews TV, Bow madness, and a few others don't get excited any more when taking a deer. It's like more of a job for them. A couple of guys on Bow Madness show a little but not much, and the guys on Mathews TV shows none after taking a deer and it makes me sick. If your heart is not pumping and you are not chocked up after a deer kill you shouldn't be doing it. But I tell you who is fun to watch is Fred something, from Easton TV. He cracks me up, and he still gets really pumped and excited when he takes an animal.

rdj-pencilart
March 6th, 2010, 10:25 AM
This website is great and so far you all have made my day. Both women and men love bowhunting.. we just don't have to get paid for it

clee
March 6th, 2010, 10:41 AM
A lot of people watch these now to see whatever the woman host is wearing and see if she's pretty.
I only say that because it use to be about
1: learning about how to set your bow up
2: where and how to set your stand up
3: How to get a deer with a bow from a tree.. that's it

Now it seems like we all it to hear the hosts talk and make sure they only take a 150" buck on camera... and make sure the woman host is pretty

I do miss bowhunting shows that just showed the deer from a viewpoint that we saw them from.. now always filming the 'show host' more
for 38 years old I must be too old fasion

Don't get me wrong, I love watching bowhunting, but most of them are the same. They give very few tech tips that aren't related to their sponsors products. The treestand setups are always the same, sitting in a tree overlooking a foodplot. And 160" deer walking by along with many of his smaller relatives.

I enjoy watching the shows, but most of them are for entertainment rather than education.

I would love to see one the shows have their 'characters' go onto public land and show how they would approach hunting the property from the first step. Take us along for the scouting. Show us how they choose where to hang the treestand with satellite pictures and on-the-ground footage. And then show us the kill. I personally wouldn't care if it was a doe they killed.

I think that most of the shows are more about killing monster bucks rather than deer hunting. But, you can't really blame them, that is what their sponsors are paying for.

rdj-pencilart
March 6th, 2010, 10:51 AM
Don't get me wrong, I love watching bowhunting, but most of them are the same. They give very few tech tips that aren't related to their sponsors products. The treestand setups are always the same, sitting in a tree overlooking a foodplot. And 160" deer walking by along with many of his smaller relatives.

I enjoy watching the shows, but most of them are for entertainment rather than education.

I would love to see one the shows have their 'characters' go onto public land and show how they would approach hunting the property from the first step. Take us along for the scouting. Show us how they choose where to hang the treestand with satellite pictures and on-the-ground footage. And then show us the kill. I personally wouldn't care if it was a doe they killed.

I think that most of the shows are more about killing monster bucks rather than deer hunting. But, you can't really blame them, that is what their sponsors are paying for.
I see your point, and I agree
but .. I still wish I could find a show that was truly primarily involved in the bowhunt

specktrout202
March 6th, 2010, 10:57 AM
Funny me and the wife were just talking about that last night, watching bow madness. Its also bugs me that the guys on these TV shows like Mathews TV, Bow madness, and a few others don't get excited any more when taking a deer. It's like more of a job for them. A couple of guys on Bow Madness show a little but not much, and the guys on Mathews TV shows none after taking a deer and it makes me sick. If your heart is not pumping and you are not chocked up after a deer kill you shouldn't be doing it. But I tell you who is fun to watch is Fred something, from Easton TV. He cracks me up, and he still gets really pumped and excited when he takes an animal.

Hmmm I was on Mathews TV a few weeks ago and guarantee you saw some emotion out of me.

XForce6
March 6th, 2010, 11:03 AM
No matter how bad the hunting show is, to me it's still better than 80 % of the garbage on tv.

hardball15
March 6th, 2010, 11:10 AM
Hmmm I was on Mathews TV a few weeks ago and guarantee you saw some emotion out of me.

:hail::77::77::sleepy2::jksign :

specktrout202
March 6th, 2010, 11:23 AM
:hail::77::77::sleepy2::jksign :
The trip was donated to me after being injured in Iraq. I am no pro by any means.

Outback7028
March 6th, 2010, 12:00 PM
The trip was donated to me after being injured in Iraq. I am no pro by any means.

Thank you for your service to our country and helping us keep these freedoms that we take for granted. People like you are who I like to see on tv shooting animals with a bow. I didn't see the show cause I don't get the Outdoor channel but will look for it on MathewsTV website. Again, thank you very much for your sacrifice. God Bless you and the rest of our servicemen and women.:thumbs_up

Mattyv97
March 6th, 2010, 12:02 PM
it is what it is, all about money and sponsors and so on!

specktrout202
March 6th, 2010, 07:47 PM
Thank you for your service to our country and helping us keep these freedoms that we take for granted. People like you are who I like to see on tv shooting animals with a bow. I didn't see the show cause I don't get the Outdoor channel but will look for it on MathewsTV website. Again, thank you very much for your sacrifice. God Bless you and the rest of our servicemen and women.:thumbs_up

TY very much, I am quite proud of my 15 minutes but by no means does it define me. I had a great time. Every single animal I have taken thru the last 20+ years of my hunting life has been an awesome experience for me. I love serving my country but soon it will come to close.